Options

linkin park - opener in Katowice

SatchellSatchell Posts: 149
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
worst opener ever ... IMO

but who cares ... we'll see PJ !!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    never know could suprise you....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    i seriously doubt it
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Worse = Paddy Casey, Slayer etc...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    i seriously doubt it

Yeah me too but just trying to be optimistic
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    hard to be optimistic about linkin park though... :(
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    Pearl jam needs help to sell out that big stadium. There is actually a chance Linkin Park fans will outnumber pj fans.

I really really hope they won't open in Denmark or Holland. Putting my money on Incubus in Denmark as well.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    I'm actually one of the few loonies who find Linkin Park's stuff pretty enjoyable. Yeah it's of the pop variety.. so what.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    Yeah me too but just trying to be optimistic

Well i'll forever be the pessimist! saw them open for metallica a few years back and i remember people throwing bottles at them... Not the nicest thing to do but thats how bad they were.
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Well i'll forever be the pessimist! saw them open for metallica a few years back and i remember people throwing bottles at them... Not the nicest thing to do but thats how bad they were.

That was probably more due to it was Linkin' Park themselves rather then how well or badley they performed. People will go and think they are awful before they set foot on stage. I don't like Linkin' Park as much as the next guy but i will reserve judgment.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Linkin Park and MCR have both been bottled.

Only difference is Linkin Park can play their instruments pretty well. Anyone who is even slightly into turntablism can't deny that their DJ is better than the lot of those nu-metawotever bands put together.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    Niko80 wrote:
    There is actually a chance Linkin Park fans will outnumber pj fans.

and what makes you say that? I honestly doubt it. however there will be loads of LP fans. the age average being 16-17... god help us... :(
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    Yeah as i understand LP have never played Poland so a lot of their fans will grab the tickets that are left. I guess us PJ fans will have to make up for it.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i know ill get flammed for this, but like i care. linkin park put on a very good live show the 2 times i have seen them. but i dont think there a pj fans cup of tea. with that being said, please fellow pj fans dont throw anything at them it will make us look bad and the band look bad. if u dont like em which most of u wont just boo-em
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options

Only difference is Linkin Park can play their instruments pretty well. Anyone who is even slightly into turntablism can't deny that their DJ is better than the lot of those nu-metawotever bands put together.

I don't mind some of Linkin Parks songs, they're better than most of the rubbish on TV these days :(

But I never thought they'd be the kinda band to open for PJ...
  • Options
    i know ill get flammed for this, but like i care. linkin park put on a very good live show the 2 times i have seen them. but i dont think there a pj fans cup of tea. with that being said, please fellow pj fans dont throw anything at them it will make us look bad and the band look bad. if u dont like em which most of u wont just boo-em

He speaks the truth. If anyone bottles Pearl Jam's support, what's it going to make the fans look like.

• Options

Dont even boo them. Lets face it LP have NEVER played poland and there will be people there who LP are their favourite band let's not ruin it for them. Think how much you would be pissed of if they spend their time throwing shit and booing PJ. Let's all get along.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    can't say I see much difference between Linkin Park and Incubus..not awful but nothing outstanding there.

But at least it's not MMJ, so glad about that!!

Just hope it's none of those for Wembley..
  • Options
    I won't boo LP I'll give them a listen. It will give me something to do while waiting for PJ to come on stage. :)
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    i actually would not mind linkin park.
    i ahve there stuff and listen to it on occasion
    beats a lot of other shit out there.
    and yes pegasus it beats the hell out of mmj.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    Linkin Park are not THAT bad! They're not my cup of tea although i used to be a fan about 5 years ago.

I'll be ashamed if anyone boos or throws things. If you don't like them just don't do anything. Have some respect, it won't be long until PJ hits the stage anyway. And PJ would be majorly pissed off if we were booing and throwing things. It's just bad manners.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    mole1985 wrote:
    Dont even boo them. Lets face it LP have NEVER played poland and there will be people there who LP are their favourite band let's not ruin it for them. Think how much you would be pissed of if they spend their time throwing shit and booing PJ. Let's all get along.
    wow i didnt know they have never played poland at all. who knows maybe pj fans will like LP and maybe chester will come out and do hunger strike with pj.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    who knows maybe pj fans will like LP and maybe chester will come out and do hunger strike with pj.
    If that happens, I will never listen to that song again.

Yeah, we get to go in 15 minutes early, but it seems like the reward is to be front of stage for a LP set. I fear the bottles from behind me not making the distance and hitting me.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    LP doesn't bother me much, give them a chance....
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    What a weird choice, I thought PJ always hand picked their support? Wonder who will support at Wembley?
  • Options
    I really don't hope the play here in Nijmegen, i mean how much can a girl handle, Linkin and Incubus
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Linkin Park are not THAT bad! They're not my cup of tea although i used to be a fan about 5 years ago.

I'll be ashamed if anyone boos or throws things. If you don't like them just don't do anything. Have some respect, it won't be long until PJ hits the stage anyway. And PJ would be majorly pissed off if we were booing and throwing things. It's just bad manners.

Agreed. I saw some god awful band open for the chilis a few years ago, and they got bottled and booed. John and Flea were really upset about it. DO YOU WANT TO UPSET THE PJ BOYS?

I didn't think so.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    I hope people dont throw bottle OR boo. After the metallica gig i felt bad about being part of that, even though i didn't throw or boo, i still felt terrible that people around me did.
  • Options
    Please, for the love of God, don't have Linkin Park opening at Wembley.
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I don't think Linkin Park is absolutely terrible, but they're not an appropriate opener. Furthermore, I think it's terribly disturbing how many people are glad that: at least it's not MMJ. MMJ is a credible band in the right ballpark of Pearl Jam. Maybe my age is showing, but:
    Linkin Park=kid's table
    MMJ=adult table

So where the fuck are you guys sitting?
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    I agree, I would have loved to have MMJ open. I would have never thought Linkin Park would open for PJ. Not really looking forward to it. With that said, it's still going to be a great trip.
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08