Options

linkin park - opener in Katowice

Comments

• Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Well we can all get a beer or two at the bar while LP are on can't we?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Well i'll forever be the pessimist! saw them open for metallica a few years back and i remember people throwing bottles at them... Not the nicest thing to do but thats how bad they were.

Yeah i was at that gig in the RDS they sucked!

I have to say though metallica a hard act to open for cause the fans are there for metallica only :)
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    mole1985 wrote:

Do we get access to a section at the front with 10c or just entrance 15mins early?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Pegasus wrote:
    But at least it's not MMJ

Oh djeezes... did you really feel the need to post that on both boards? (and who knows ever more?)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Yeah i was at that gig in the RDS they sucked!

I have to say though metallica a hard act to open for cause the fans are there for metallica only :)

Reminds me of Pady Casey opening for PJ.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Someone has to say it:
    Where is this info from?
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Someone has to say it:
    Where is this info from?

Livenation.pl
    Linkin Park.com
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    holy crap...I didn't think in all my days on this earth that these two bands would ever cross paths. This matchup makes no sense whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I actually like LP for some reason...but LP represents pretty much everything pearl jam is against, at least image and music wise. The Rap rock that brought in the dawn of a new crappy era of music that we have yet to recover from. I'm still reeling from this announcement, I don't think I will ever recover. I wish I could go, just to witness the center of the nuclear explosion that will ensue.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Well i'll forever be the pessimist! saw them open for metallica a few years back and i remember people throwing bottles at them... Not the nicest thing to do but thats how bad they were.

i was at that same tour, saw them in san francisco. There LP were well received, as were mudvayne and deftones. however When limp bizkit took stage, it was a nonstop barrage of bottles and shoes and such. Fred Durst was getting pretty pissed, and at one point he kicked a camera man off the stage, which only added to the boos.

Metallica owned though. Opened with battery...man my ears are still damaged from that show.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    i was at that same tour, saw them in san francisco. There LP were well received, as were mudvayne and deftones. however When limp bizkit took stage, it was a nonstop barrage of bottles and shoes and such. Fred Durst was getting pretty pissed, and at one point he kicked a camera man off the stage, which only added to the boos.

Metallica owned though. Opened with battery...man my ears are still damaged from that show.

:confused: wasn't Fred Durst Limp Bizkit??? :eek: they are fucking awful... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    mole1985 wrote:
    Livenation.pl
    Linkin Park.com

Cool. Cheers.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Satchell wrote:
    worst opener ever ... IMO

but who cares ... we'll see PJ !!!!
    My point exactly! We're there for PJ.
    Whining about the opening band wont do any good
    to anyone, and it certainly wont change the facts...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    My point exactly! We're there for PJ.
    Whining about the opening band wont do any good
    to anyone, and it certainly wont change the facts...

Right on sister!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I don't think Linkin Park is absolutely terrible, but they're not an appropriate opener. Furthermore, I think it's terribly disturbing how many people are glad that: at least it's not MMJ. MMJ is a credible band in the right ballpark of Pearl Jam. Maybe my age is showing, but:
    Linkin Park=kid's table
    MMJ=adult table

So where the fuck are you guys sitting?
    Totally agree with you, i'm not knocking Linkin Park but they are from another world compared to PJ. I mean they're just not what i call a classic rock band and i'm not sayin that because they are younger guys (Wolfmother! young but totally classic balls to the wall rock!) they are just a totally different vibe, not one i'd expect most PJ fans would be into.
  • Options
    cfield05 wrote:
    I agree, I would have loved to have MMJ open. I would have never thought Linkin Park would open for PJ. Not really looking forward to it. With that said, it's still going to be a great trip.

I don't know who this guy is, but he seems like a real jerkface. Actually he's my brother and I couldn't agree with him more. I can't wait to see MMJ again. It took me a few listens, but now I can't get enough. Not looking forward to Linkin' Park, but I am not complaining about going to Europe with my bro for a week and a half. I was thinking about having a beer while I am there. What do you think cfield??
    Hershey 7-12-03,Reading 10-1-04,Kitchener 9-11-05,
    Philly 10-3-05,Hartford 5-13-06,Philly 5-27-06,Philly 5-28-06
    E. Ruth. 6-1-06,E. Ruth. 6-3-06,Munich 6-12-07,
    Katowice 6-13-07,Venice 6-15-07,London 6-18-07,Tampa 6-12-08
    Philly 6-19-08,Philly 6-20-08,D.C 6-22-08,Philly 1 10-27-09
    Philly 2 10-28-09,Philly 3 10-30-09,Philly 4 10-31-09,D.C. 5-13-10
    Hartford 5-15-10 EV:N.J. 8-7-08,D.C. 8-17-08,Baltimore 6-14-09
  • Options
    Anyone has an Extra 10C Poland ticket PM me. Will trade for extra Wembley 10C GA.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I don't think Linkin Park is absolutely terrible, but they're not an appropriate opener. Furthermore, I think it's terribly disturbing how many people are glad that: at least it's not MMJ. MMJ is a credible band in the right ballpark of Pearl Jam. Maybe my age is showing, but:
    Linkin Park=kid's table
    MMJ=adult table

So where the fuck are you guys sitting?
    I'm 35...nothing to do with age...or rather it might be music for old people...like 70-year-old...to put you to sleep.
    Angus wrote:
    Oh djeezes... did you really feel the need to post that on both boards? (and who knows ever more?)
    YES. no matter how often I repeat it, I can't possibly bore you with it as much as they bored me hearing them! (literally to tears by day 2).

The yanks like them so much...they should keep them.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I Love MMJ, and I'm young too. Lol. :P

Really though, I like them a lot. It took me a while though.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Pegasus wrote:
    I'm 35...nothing to do with age...or rather it might be music for old people...like 70-year-old...to put you to sleep.

I hear you bro, I like plenty of age inappropriate music like cetain hip hop and emo but I don't want them opening for Pearl Jam.

YES. no matter how often I repeat it, I can't possibly bore you with it as much as they bored me hearing them! (literally to tears by day 2).

The yanks like them so much...they should keep them.

And I happen to be a Mets fan you wanker.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    That's weird, picture them all together singing RITF.... :confused:
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:

Excellent thinking. :D
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    mole1985 wrote:
    If you don't mind being right up the back of a GA crowd when PJ take the stage, sure.

This is a big dilemma, folks.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    And I happen to be a Mets fan you wanker.
    :confused: don't see what it's got to do with anything... is that baseball or "football" or basketball btw?

oh, and I can't wank, I'm a girl ;)
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Pegasus wrote:
    :confused: don't see what it's got to do with anything... is that baseball or "football" or basketball btw?

oh, and I can't wank, I'm a girl ;)

It's because you called them "Yanks". Yankees vs. Mets. They apparently don't know we call every American a Yankee. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Remember Nirvana-Argentina 92.
    They had a girl band as openers and the audience threw all sorts of things at them, so nirvana f-cked up come as you are and didn´t play Teen spirit, and just fooling around the whole gig.
    Ok i wouldn´t cry if Alive and even flow wasn´t played, but maybe they just f-cked up all the songs?.=)
    But I personally don´t think that of Pearl jam but who knows
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Angus wrote:
    It's because you called them "Yanks". Yankees vs. Mets. They apparently don't know we call every American a Yankee. :)
    I got that ;)
    I was just playing as stupid as the original poster (since there's no wink or any trace of humour in his post I assume he was literal).
    thought everyone knew americans are yanks, brits are rosbeefs or limeys, french are froggies, new-zealanders are kiwis... (and I'm not touching on the derogative ones)

got no words for belgians though, not even in french...not important enough I guess :p

;)
  • Options
    this is like a betrayal to the good taste in music you taught us through the years. including refined acts such as the buzzcocks, mudhoney, ramones, sonic youth, frank black etc i could be one day enumerating all those bands you took with you on the road for everyone to learn what good rock is about. and taste. remember ed? taste, you got taste...where did that go? linkin park. my god.
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Niko80 wrote:
    Putting my money on Incubus in Denmark as well.

Based on what?? Did I miss out on something? Incubus rocks!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Hinny wrote:
    If you don't mind being right up the back of a GA crowd when PJ take the stage, sure.

This is a big dilemma, folks.

Not really. If you're really that bothered about being up front, you will stand there through Linkin Park. I'm not a fan, but I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    dane wrote:
    Based on what?? Did I miss out on something? Incubus rocks!

Just wishful thinking:-)
    I will swallow poison