Options

How does 10c blow it for WRIGLEY?

124»

Comments

• Options
    sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    ComeToTX wrote:
    When a band plays only a few shows in 3 years the demand skyrockets.

??? few shows??? The band played in 2010. Then the band played the East coast a second time in general(2011) :fp: by playing Canada...Montreal,Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton. Also, playing western Canada. Then played in South America and Europe for those fans. Yes living in Buffalo Im spoiled by having Hamilton 30 minutes away an Toronto 90. Then the other cities within 2-8 hours. Look Buffalo gets skipped every other tour. I travel to see them. Hell, I went to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving for EV.
    But for those living in the midwest and west they can't help it that your cities are so far apart. They hooked you guys up with PJ20. They are going to play more shows where the population is. I just can't see where people are saying they have not been playing. They been playing for 3 years straight now.
    Its called a car. Get in it and go.
  • Options
    solacesolace Posts: 110
    polaris_x wrote:

@ 10% of venue ... mandated by TM ... that's 4,000 seats ... meaning 2,000 pairs ... i'm pretty sure if 10C could get more seats - they would ... we should really be thankful they get any at all ... and the fact they are usually the best seats in the house ...

this show isn't through Ticketmaster whatsoever, so the pre-sale/fan club ticket limits that TM imposes are not applied here. it's possible Tickets.com has their own, not sure.
  • Options
    Five_Hole wrote:
    toddclancy wrote:
    I was at the springsteen show as well. I'd say 500 is probably a good call. I have seen pits there as small as 200 though.

Wrigley is VERY small so a big pit just won't be an option but I can probably agree itll be more than 200 so i retract my previous number haha. It's not gonna be a big pit though. My local ball park is the size of Wrigley haha

Using the Bruce seating chart, I did some real rough math.

wrigley-field-bruce-springsteen-14054.jpg

-Capacity is ~42k (similar for baseball and concert).
    -Bleacher capacity is ~5k. Bleachers aren't used for concert so field/GA capacity is assumed to be the same.
    -Using the above seating chart, there are 23 approx. similarly sized sections (A thru J = 9, K thru T = 9, U thru DD = 5) with GA accounting for 5 of those sections.
    -Doing the simple math, each section is ~217 people. That means that the GA is just shy of ~1100 people. Again, these are obviously really rough numbers but I sat a few rows behind that GA section at the Bruce show and the size of it seems to consistent with that math.

did the math as well. you are correct sir. I was shooting from behind the pit maybe it just seemed a little small to me. I've seen some tiny pits at that place for sure though.
  • Options
    Toddclancy: Please stick to facts. Wrigley seats 40,000. That's FORTY THOUSAND. As in people inside one outdoor venue. That is not small. It is also not the size of your local baseball park. Thank you.

the local ball park comment was a joke. I'm pretty sure you would have heard about a small town with a giant local ball park.

Wrigley is small compared to other larger stadiums like rogers centre. Not the smallest but smaller none the less. I doubt every seat is going to be utilized.
  • Options
    What section makes up the "lower bowl"? Anyone?
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    Night 2 of Bruce's run at Wrigley in September had just shy of 800 people in the pit lottery. Then there were plenty of people who had GA tickets and didn't show up for the wristband lottery and arrived near show time. 1500+ in the pit easy, and probably closer to 2000.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    My guess is that the 10C isn't the promoter, and the promoter best interest isn't C 10C members getting tickets, nothing to do with 10C, it isn't 10C fault... 10C didn't blew anything for anybody, it's the promoter's way of doing business what may have ruined it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    RF283878RF283878 Posts: 208
    My question is, Was there 3 random draws or just 1 hugh one? Who's to say?
This discussion has been closed.