Options

How does 10c blow it for WRIGLEY?

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Unfortunately, Ten club cannot get hold of as many tickets as they want as the venues have iron clad contracts with the ticket issuer (in this case tickets.com). Also, the venue is contracted to have a certain amount of tickets available for season ticket holders, suite holders, etc. it is extremely rare where a band can actually control all of the tickets.

Note: the entire outfield will not be GA, just a small spot in front of stage. (just my strong assumption). I took this into account and made the field seats/lower bowl my number one choice. Anyone who chose GA as their top choice and missed out got put in line behind those who put lower bowl as their first choice.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    lawguy wrote:
    I think the odd part is the lack of people saying they won GA. I thought that would be the biggest group just because you should be able to put the most people there.

Perhaps we were very wrong to assume that the Pit would be around the same size as Bruce's. Perhaps its much smaller.
    seems that way..the most i see around here and facebook that won are at lower bowl reserved.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    solace wrote:
    i guarantee you the pit holds more than 1000 people, if not around 2k or higher

they've played TONS of GA floor shows in the last few years. Missoula was entirely GA floor and probably upwards of 4-5k on the floor alone.

Missoula had upwards of 4-5K on the floor alone? Interesting seeing as the ENTIRE VENUE holds only 7,500 for a concert in the round. Only 5,500 in a traditional arrangement:
    The Adams Center has the largest indoor seating capacity in western Montana accommodating an audience of around 5,500 for traditional concert seating or approximately 7,500 for a concert in the round. Capacities vary with stage size and FOH size. Please check with a venue representative before making specific ticket manifest plans."

Source: http://www.umt.edu/adamscenter/Concert%20Venue.aspx
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    solacesolace Posts: 110
    edited January 2013
    TheKricket wrote:
    here's the seating chart for Bruce last year:

wrigley-field-bruce-springsteen-14054.jpg

That picture illustrates it PERFECTLY! The GA section is the same size (look at the square footage) of the friggin baseball diamond in that very picture!

ah, you mean the infield grass, gotcha. i thought you meant the entire infield including the baselines. well then, yes. but the Bruce one held over 2,000 people fwiw (he had a smaller split pit up front that held around 600-700 i think
    Post edited by solace on
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    Starting to wonder what the point of having a 10C membership is if it's only good for limited merchandise and slim f***ing chances on tickets.

-1 10C. -1.

Me too

Seconded
  • Options
    markhammmarkhamm i come from the mountain Posts: 79
    voodoopug wrote:
    Unfortunately, Ten club cannot get hold of as many tickets as they want as the venues have iron clad contracts with the ticket issuer (in this case tickets.com). Also, the venue is contracted to have a certain amount of tickets available for season ticket holders, suite holders, etc. it is extremely rare where a band can actually control all of the tickets.

Wrigley Field neighbors as well...

http://articles.redeyechicago.com/2013- ... gley-field
    Never has gravity been so uplifting.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    TheKricket wrote:
    Missoula had upwards of 4-5K on the floor alone? Interesting seeing as the ENTIRE VENUE holds only 7,500 for a concert in the round. Only 5,500 in a traditional arrangement:

huh... saw them there in '95 and could have sworn the capacity for the entire show was around 8,000, with 2-3k on the floor. possible they've remodeled since. thanks

anywho, they've done festivals in other countries with giant GA pits still... and even ACL, Lolla, etc., 30-50k+ so my point still stands regarding the size of GA pits they're willing to play to again.
    Post edited by solace on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    edited January 2013
    What do we know:

1) About 10 years ago Ticketmaster passed an internal rule that restricts fan clubs to 10% of a venue. We know the 10c has found ways around this rule, but with every tour (or lack thereof) they seem to be getting less and less tickets allocated for shows. Probably because of TM's rule. Wrigley can hold 42,000 people. 10% is only 4200 tickets. Even if 10c got 20% that's only 8400 tickets.

2) 10c members bring a friend/spouse/gf/bf etc... so thats probably 2100 to 4200 pairs that are sold.

3) PJ barely tours any more. There's huge pent up demand. PJ hasn't stated where else they plan to tour this year. You've got an entire planet of PJ fans trying to descend on 1 show (2 if you could london which is kind of small).

Summary:

1) Ticketmaster sucks. It gets harder and harder for fan clubs to access tickets.

2) Pearl Jam doesn't tour enough. People now expect to have to travel to see them. I imagine if PJ had announced this show along with the rumored fall shows, it would of lessened demand. As for now no one knows the extend of the other shows, so they're traveling to this one.

Therefore demand is far exceeding supply of tickets.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    solace wrote:
    TheKricket wrote:

huh... saw them there in '95 and could have sworn the capacity for the entire show was around 8,000, with 2-3k on the floor. possible they've remodeled since. thanks

anywho, they've done festivals in other countries with giant GA pits still... and even ACL, Lolla, etc., 30-50k+ so my point still stands.

Oh - I'm not doubting that at all - I've been in MUCH bigger pits. But at Wrigley, it just won't fly. There just isn't enough space down there. If there were a 1000 in the pit, I'd be completely shocked. Especially considering the band's history. I'm sure that history played a LARGE role in the decision to make GA 10C members ONLY.
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    And its a six ticket limit for season ticket holders and people in the neighborhood during their presales. I'm guessing there won't be too many good seats by the time the public sale happens.
  • Options
    Wrigley and "blowing it" are synonymous, why would things be different just because its 10C?
  • Options
    I can hardly believe someone is surprised to get a denial email for the GA section. I'll just chalk it up to them being generally uninformed. Also, you folks who think Ticketmaster sucks.....just wait until you try tickets.com for this show...
    Gorge
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    We also know that these shows can not be bought through ticketmaster or Live Nation, these venues are tickets.com venues. PJ should have more pull here.
    Zod wrote:
    What do we know:

1) About 10 years ago Ticketmaster passed an internal rule that restricts fan clubs to 10% of a venue. We know the 10c has found ways around this rule, but with every tour (or lack thereof) they seem to be getting less and less tickets allocated for shows. Probably because of TM's rule. Wrigley can hold 42,000 people. 10% is only 4200 tickets. Even if 10c got 20% that's only 8400 tickets.

2) 10c members bring a friend/spouse/gf/bf etc... so thats probably 2100 to 4200 pairs that are sold.

3) PJ barely tours any more. There's huge pent up demand. PJ hasn't stated where else they plan to tour this year. You've got an entire planet of PJ fans trying to descend on 1 show (2 if you could london which is kind of small).

Summary:

1) Ticketmaster sucks. It gets harder and harder for fan clubs to access tickets.

2) Pearl Jam doesn't tour enough. People now expect to have to travel to see them. I imagine if PJ had announced this show along with the rumored fall shows, it would of lessened demand. As for now no one knows the extend of the other shows, so they're traveling to this one.

There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Member since early 92, never missed a Chicago show since then. Until now.

Fuck it. Random, sure it is.
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    edited January 2013
    Everything is speculation. We have no idea how many will be allowed in GA b/c there's been zero communication from 10c.

This will be my last post in this thread, then I'm moving on with my day.

Saw Bruce at Philllies' stadium last year. GA was huge. Even if Wrigley's is smaller, it has to be comparable to Missoula -- which, at least, had 1k plus.

I understand not everyone getting in for GA. It really sucks, but it's acceptable.

This (as posted by someone else in this thread) is not:

1st choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Standing GA Pit $168.00
    LOST
    2nd choice 07/16/2013 London, ON Canada Reserved Seating $163.00
    LOST
    3rd choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Reserved Field/ Lower Bowl $168.00
    LOST
    4th choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Reserved Upper Box $116.00
    LOST

10c tix aren't guaranteed. We all know that. But the coldness of the lottery combined with Wrigley seating 40 f'n thousand just is not a good picture for devoted fans of this band, no matter how the image is spun.

I've been on the other side numerous times when good fans have been shut out of MSG, PJ 20, E.V. solo and I've been fortunate to get in. I'm very thankful for what I've been able to witness. I love the band and highly value the 10c and what it does for fans. But there's just something wrong when people are willing to fly cross-country for ONE show and can't get in through the fan club they pay $40 a year for.

This isn't 1993 or 95 or even 00 for PJ. It's 2013. They're the best band in the world but rarely play live. They're playing a baseball stadium -- their biggest U.S. show size-wise since 1995, outside of a festival. No hardcore fans should've gotten shut out in a fan-club presale. It's that simple.

Lastly, those saying "public onsales" have somehow forgotten that TM sales are an insult to humanity. :)

See ya at Wrigley. In at all costs. Without 10c's help. :)

Update: Several hardcore friends were shut out. News only gets worse.
    Post edited by Blredyellow on
  • Options
    TheKricket wrote:

Oh - I'm not doubting that at all - I've been in MUCH bigger pits. But at Wrigley, it just won't fly. There just isn't enough space down there. If there were a 1000 in the pit, I'd be completely shocked. Especially considering the band's history. I'm sure that history played a LARGE role in the decision to make GA 10C members ONLY.

the Springsteen shows had about 42,000 people each night, so i'd assume PJ's will be upwards of 40,000 as well.

would it be safe to assume that 15-18k of the seats will be split between GA + reserved field? rest in the stands?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Zod wrote:
    What do we know:

Summary:

This pretty much sums it up. I wish 10C would just tell us how many hey got and how many people entered.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Good point, no one ever wins at Wrigley, except the road team. No road team for PJ = no winners.
    Wrigley and "blowing it" are synonymous, why would things be different just because its 10C?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    We also know that these shows can not be bought through ticketmaster or Live Nation, these venues are tickets.com venues. PJ should have more pull here.
    Zod wrote:

Actually I didn't know that. It probably means they got more tickets then they would of through TM? Which begs the question.. how crazy is the demand for this show?
  • Options
    We are seeing the effects of a lottery in a major PJ market.

Peeps shut out left and right. Boston/Philly/NYC shows will be so hard to attain.

Get ready New Englanders!! :?
  • Options
    I can hardly believe someone is surprised to get a denial email for the GA section. I'll just chalk it up to them being generally uninformed. Also, you folks who think Ticketmaster sucks.....just wait until you try tickets.com for this show...

I've seen other people allude to this. Please explain.
  • Options
    Site will crash and you will have to F5 for hours to get tickets. They are not set up to handle the PJ demand.
    ComeToTX wrote:

• Options
    ChiJammerChiJammer Posts: 54
    edited January 2013
    I didn't get tickets either but we should all Smile. Especially people that live in Chicago that they will grace our presence once again. . .
    Post edited by ChiJammer on
  • Options
    Yeah, and seeing how many people got shut out, I actually don't think they got any better deal than with ticketmaster. That's what makes me wonder.
    Zod wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Actually I didn't know that. It probably means they got more tickets then they would of through TM? Which begs the question.. how crazy is the demand for this show?
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    Everything is speculation. We have no idea how many will be allowed in GA b/c there's been zero communication from 10c.

This will be my last post in this thread, then I'm moving on with my day.

Saw Bruce at Philllies' stadium last year. GA was huge. Even if Wrigley's is smaller, it has to be comparable to Missoula -- which, at least, had 1k plus.

I understand not everyone getting in for GA. It really sucks, but it's acceptable.

This (as posted by someone else in this thread) is not:

1st choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Standing GA Pit $168.00
    LOST
    2nd choice 07/16/2013 London, ON Canada Reserved Seating $163.00
    LOST
    3rd choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Reserved Field/ Lower Bowl $168.00
    LOST
    4th choice 07/19/2013 Chicago, IL Reserved Upper Box $116.00
    LOST

10c tix aren't guaranteed. We all know that. But the coldness of the lottery combined with Wrigley seating 40 f'n thousand just is not a good picture for devoted fans of this band, no matter how the image is spun.

I've been on the other side numerous times when good fans have been shut out of MSG, PJ 20, E.V. solo and I've been fortunate to get in. I'm very thankful for what I've been able to witness. I love the band and highly value the 10c and what it does for fans. But there's just something wrong when people are willing to fly cross-country for ONE show and can't get in through the fan club they pay $40 a year for.

This isn't 1993 or 95 or even 00 for PJ. It's 2013. They're the best band in the world but rarely play live. They're playing a baseball stadium -- their biggest U.S. show, size-wise, since 1995 -- outside of a festival. No hardcore fans should've gotten shut out in a fan-club presale. It's that simple.

Lastly, those saying "public onsales" have somehow forgotten that TM sales are an insult to humanity. :)

See ya at Wrigley. In at all costs. Without 10c's help. :)

+1
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    So you "struck out" on Wrigley tickets? Pun intended. Couldn't resist.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    so many scalpers are going to take advantage of buying 6 tickets, setting prices extremely high and there going to be force to lower them the day of the show and you'll see tickets on stubhub for 15-30 bucks.

happened's all the time.

thank god im not going :)
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    Site will crash and you will have to F5 for hours to get tickets. They are not set up to handle the PJ demand.
    ComeToTX wrote:

Perfect! So I'll get my fix?!?!?
  • Options
    MUZIK wrote:
    so many scalpers are going to take advantage of buying 6 tickets, setting prices extremely high and there going to be force to lower them the day of the show and you'll see tickets on stubhub for 15-30 bucks.

happened's all the time.

thank god im not going :)

I agree with this. It'll be a buyers market outside the stadium.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    But there's just something wrong when people are willing to fly cross-country for ONE show and can't get in through the fan club they pay $40 a year for.

soo ... if 25,000 people are willing to do this ... how do you suppose 10C make everyone happy? ... the concept of the lottery is quite simple ... demand exceeds supply ... how to fairly distribute tickets is always going to have winners and losers ... we all should know this by now ...

the main problem is releasing concert dates a few at a time ... i'm pretty sure if these shows were released along with a bunch of other shows - there would be a higher rate of success ... but 2 shows where people from chicago, detroit and toronto/buffalo can get to easy ... no brainer there will be lots of people shut out ...
This discussion has been closed.