Options

How does 10c blow it for WRIGLEY?

Comments

• Options
    Five_HoleFive_Hole Posts: 92
    edited January 2013
    solace wrote:
    TheKricket wrote:

would it be safe to assume that 15-18k of the seats will be split between GA + reserved field? rest in the stands?

That number is way too high. The capacity of the bleachers (which aren't used during a concert) is ~5k. Since the capacity for a concert and a baseball game are roughly the same (41k-42k) it looks like the field seating (and GA) just replaces the bleachers.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    remember:
    *Fall Tour dates in the US will be announced in the coming months.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    ahill721 wrote:
    I think that all 10c members should have first dibs, any left overs then go to public sale for something like this. Kind of BS that they are also having a pre-sale on Feb6-8 for people who reside in Wrigleyville, those tickets will be gobbled up and scalped!
    too bad the cubs neighbor email says that any and all tickets re-sold from the pre-sale will be cancelled and voided.
  • Options
    sucks I didn't get tix... never been denied before. this system works for those that can't sit at a computer all day though.

ill find a way.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    ewokpelts wrote:
    ahill721 wrote:
    I think that all 10c members should have first dibs, any left overs then go to public sale for something like this. Kind of BS that they are also having a pre-sale on Feb6-8 for people who reside in Wrigleyville, those tickets will be gobbled up and scalped!
    too bad the cubs neighbor email says that any and all tickets re-sold from the pre-sale will be cancelled and voided.

that is in every presale for venues, virtually impossible to enforce, they just say that to try and keep scalpers away
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Zod wrote:
    What do we know:

Summary:

1) Ticketmaster sucks. It gets harder and harder for fan clubs to access tickets.

2) Pearl Jam doesn't tour enough. People now expect to have to travel to see them. I imagine if PJ had announced this show along with the rumored fall shows, it would of lessened demand. As for now no one knows the extend of the other shows, so they're traveling to this one.

Therefore demand is far exceeding supply of tickets.

This.

Furthermore, point number 2 has two sub-points... they don't tour enough AND the timing of announcements are a factor. Had the London show been the only choice, I would have, without question, tried for it. The point being is that had an announcement been made that they would be doing a NJ, NY, and Philly stop, I might not have even tried for Wrigley. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why in THIS case they couldn't announce the fall show locations, but the point is still valid.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Got the email. entered for 2 Wrigley options and London and got NOTHING.

member since 1994 and local to Chicago. Thanks.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    ComeToTX wrote:
    MUZIK wrote:
    so many scalpers are going to take advantage of buying 6 tickets, setting prices extremely high and there going to be force to lower them the day of the show and you'll see tickets on stubhub for 15-30 bucks.

happened's all the time.

thank god im not going :)

I agree with this. It'll be a buyers market outside the stadium.

Agree 100%.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Tickets.com is owned by MLB Advanced Media. While they may not have the same rules as TM does for fan club tix, LIVENATION(the promoter) does. Seeing as Livenation OWNS ticketmaster.
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    I missed out on GA (my only selection), but was kind of expecting it to be that way. Oh well. I am one who didn't mind the old system, because I consider myself a master of buying tickets on the internet and basically never fail. But I fully understand those who have issues with the old system, so I accept the new system.

Anyway, what they should do ... as full disclosure ... is say how many people applied for various sections, and how many tickets were given out.

ACL taping lotteries usually say they received XX amount of entries. At least when you see that there were 15000 entries for 400 passes, it is easy to understand why you might have lost. I've entered maybe 20 ACL taping lotteries, and only won twice.
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    Five_Hole wrote:
    solace wrote:
    TheKricket wrote:

would it be safe to assume that 15-18k of the seats will be split between GA + reserved field? rest in the stands?

That number is way too high. The capacity of the bleachers (which aren't used during a concert) is ~5k. Since the capacity for a concert and a baseball game are roughly the same (41k-42k) it looks like the field seating (and GA) just replaces the bleachers.

Precisely - We'll be lucky to see 7500 split up between GA and the field seats. And the way the chart is looking, there is about 5 times more space reserved for field seating than there is for GA. I think most people are getting upset because they don't anticipate how small the field section of Wrigley actually is. We're not squeezing 15,000 people plus on the grass at Wrigley...
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    Alfonz wrote:
    I missed out on GA (my only selection), but was kind of expecting it to be that way. Oh well. I am one who didn't mind the old system, because I consider myself a master of buying tickets on the internet and basically never fail. But I fully understand those who have issues with the old system, so I accept the new system.

Anyway, what they should do ... as full disclosure ... is say how many people applied for various sections, and how many tickets were given out.

ACL taping lotteries usually say they received XX amount of entries. At least when you see that there were 15000 entries for 400 passes, it is easy to understand why you might have lost. I've entered maybe 20 ACL taping lotteries, and only won twice.

Why should they? You don't think with how steadfast Pearl Jam has been in the entire history of their band in trying to get their prime fans to shows.. they are being shady in anyway?

C'mon guys.. give it up.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    solacesolace Posts: 110
    TheKricket wrote:
    Five_Hole wrote:

Precisely - We'll be lucky to see 7500 split up between GA and the field seats. And the way the chart is looking, there is about 5 times more space reserved for field seating than there is for GA. I think most people are getting upset because they don't anticipate how small the field section of Wrigley actually is. We're not squeezing 15,000 people plus on the grass at Wrigley...

ah, wasn't aware of the bleachers thing. thanks.

that makes me feel pretty damn lucky to have gotten tickets on the field then :)
  • Options
    This:

Postby given2fly23 » 30 Jan 2013 20:49
    Got the email. entered for 2 Wrigley options and London and got NOTHING.

member since 1994 and local to Chicago. Thanks.

And this:

Postby unsung » 30 Jan 2013 20:33
    Member since early 92, never missed a Chicago show since then. Until now.

Fuck it. Random, sure it is.

--

Where's Kelly Curtis when we need him?

Seriously. Not being sarcastic.

Curtis has always been good to us and did a really nice job of reaching out during the PJ 20 East Troy fiasco.

This is starting to not feel right. At all.
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I can hardly believe someone is surprised to get a denial email for the GA section. I'll just chalk it up to them being generally uninformed. Also, you folks who think Ticketmaster sucks.....just wait until you try tickets.com for this show...

I've seen other people allude to this. Please explain.

It's pretty much explained in the above few posts.

For some reason, people are comparing the TINY GA section at Wrigley to the ENTIRE FLOOR of the Adams Center arena in Missoula. That just doesn't jive.

The field of Wrigley, is one of the smallest in baseball. The GA section, represents only about a tenth of all the seating on the field. The Field does NOT equal GA. GA equals a VERY small portion of the space available on the field.

That's it - it's just plain physics (and fire codes). You cannot squeeze 1000+ into that GA section. It may SEEM like 25,000 when you're in it - but its just not true.

Here's the venue view of Missoula:

http://adamseventcenter.com/venuetour/viewer2.html

The GA section at Wrigley won't be even half that. The entire floor you see? That was GA. The Wrigley pit will probably be just as wide - but most likely, a third as long. In which case, you could assume that whatever number of GA spaces Missoula had, Wrigley will have a third (half, if we're lucky).
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    tickets.com won't crash. You will get put into a "virtual waiting room" for an unknown amount of time while everyone else is buying up the tickets.
    Gorge
  • Options
    tickets.com won't crash. You will get put into a "virtual waiting room" for an unknown amount of time while everyone else is buying up the tickets.

Oh, I hate that system!

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,689
    Must be a mistake
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    Alfonz wrote:
    Why should they? You don't think with how steadfast Pearl Jam has been in the entire history of their band in trying to get their prime fans to shows.. they are being shady in anyway?

I don't think they are being shady. They should do it so people realise what (perhaps small) chance they actually had of winning tickets and provide a dose of reality to people who are mad they missed out. It wouldn't be hard to say how many entries they received. Even if they didn't say how many tickets were given out.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Longtime supporter of band/10c. But this blows. It's Wrigley Field. It's a BASEBALL STADIUM. GA's supposed to be 10c only. How in the world can hardcore fans not get in via 10c-only lottery to GA section of a baseball stadium? I can't imagine 5,000 people entered for GA. And because there's no interaction from 10c/management, fans left out have no idea what actually happened.

10c gets a lot of things right and misses some. This was a huge strikeout. All the social media teasing and lottery ramp up feels like a punch in the face when the "sorry, Charlie" email shows up. MSG would be understandable. A freakin' baseball stadium for a show that won't sell out? Come on.
    It's not like GA is the whole baseball field. It's just a little rectangle right in front of the stage. As for the rest, obviously Wrigley didn't give up all its seats to 10C. I'm sure 10C got as many 10C seats as they could possibly get.
    I would like to know how many 10C tickets were actually available for each section though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The GA part will be so tiny. I work at Rogers Centre in toronto which is way bigger than wrigley and they do field seats and a very very small GA section for certain shows. Maybe 200 people probably not even. So the chances of getting tickets are pretty slim. 10club is def not the only way to get tickets. I don't think 10 club screwed anything up. I think the way they do the tickets now is pretty good. Fair to everyone. If you didn't get tickets buy them public onsale. I've been in some other bands fan clubs and they don't do anything hardly let alone give you the chance to draw tickets for shows before the public gets a crack at them.
  • Options
    toddclancy wrote:
    The GA part will be so tiny. I work at Rogers Centre in toronto which is way bigger than wrigley and they do field seats and a very very small GA section for certain shows. Maybe 200 people probably not even. So the chances of getting tickets are pretty slim. 10club is def not the only way to get tickets. I don't think 10 club screwed anything up. I think the way they do the tickets now is pretty good. Fair to everyone. If you didn't get tickets buy them public onsale. I've been in some other bands fan clubs and they don't do anything hardly let alone give you the chance to draw tickets for shows before the public gets a crack at them.

I understand people being disappointed and upset but I have to agree with this.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    JimmyV wrote:
    toddclancy wrote:

I understand people being disappointed and upset but I have to agree with this.
    Yeah, me too... Except I don't think the GA is THAT small. 200 people? Seriously doubt that. That would look idiotic in front of that big stage. It's probably more like 1000 - 2000.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The GA pit will be reasonably large considering it is a stadium. I'm super bummed because as it is great it's ony 10C it also makes it impossible to get them if you weren't chosen for the lottery. So depressed.
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    yeah 200 is just not correct. I was at the springsteen show at the rogers centre and it was easily bw 500-1000 people in the ga pit.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    I was at the springsteen show as well. I'd say 500 is probably a good call. I have seen pits there as small as 200 though.

Wrigley is VERY small so a big pit just won't be an option but I can probably agree itll be more than 200 so i retract my previous number haha. It's not gonna be a big pit though. My local ball park is the size of Wrigley haha
  • Options
    Toddclancy: Please stick to facts. Wrigley seats 40,000. That's FORTY THOUSAND. As in people inside one outdoor venue. That is not small. It is also not the size of your local baseball park. Thank you.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Toddclancy: Please stick to facts. Wrigley seats 40,000. That's FORTY THOUSAND. As in people inside one outdoor venue. That is not small. It is also not the size of your local baseball park. Thank you.

@ 10% of venue ... mandated by TM ... that's 4,000 seats ... meaning 2,000 pairs ... i'm pretty sure if 10C could get more seats - they would ... we should really be thankful they get any at all ... and the fact they are usually the best seats in the house ...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    polaris_x wrote:

@ 10% of venue ... mandated by TM ... that's 4,000 seats ... meaning 2,000 pairs ... i'm pretty sure if 10C could get more seats - they would ... we should really be thankful they get any at all ... and the fact they are usually the best seats in the house ...
  • Options
    toddclancy wrote:
    I was at the springsteen show as well. I'd say 500 is probably a good call. I have seen pits there as small as 200 though.

Wrigley is VERY small so a big pit just won't be an option but I can probably agree itll be more than 200 so i retract my previous number haha. It's not gonna be a big pit though. My local ball park is the size of Wrigley haha

Using the Bruce seating chart, I did some real rough math.

wrigley-field-bruce-springsteen-14054.jpg

-Capacity is ~42k (similar for baseball and concert).
    -Bleacher capacity is ~5k. Bleachers aren't used for concert so field/GA capacity is assumed to be the same.
    -Using the above seating chart, there are 23 approx. similarly sized sections (A thru J = 9, K thru T = 9, U thru DD = 5) with GA accounting for 5 of those sections.
    -Doing the simple math, each section is ~217 people. That means that the GA is just shy of ~1100 people. Again, these are obviously really rough numbers but I sat a few rows behind that GA section at the Bruce show and the size of it seems to consistent with that math.
This discussion has been closed.