The A-Rod is a dummy thread

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2013
    In reply to Bronx bombers I agree. Test everybody, test all the time
    I say you test positive you are done for life.

That wasn't my quote, it was this guys :lol:

david-ortiz-sportsroids_zpsb5233d13.jpg
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Musicismylife......A-rod wasn't in the Mitchell report. And he is not one of the biggest stars on the game anymore, he may have the biggest contract. I question whether people pay to see him. Hasn't been that way in a long time in regards to A-rod.

In reply to Bronx bombers I agree. Test everybody, test all the time

I won't comment on Lance or the nfl. I have no knowledge of those cases other then Lance cheated his whole career just like Arod did.

PEE in a cup for us?
    Positively realistic.....
  • Musicismylife.....

A-rod only admitted to steroids in 2009, when it was revealed he failed a test. He said he used PED's only j. 2001-2003, the years he was in Texas. He only did so because he was caught and tried to save face with the Yankee fans, he went to New York in 2004.

McGwire And Sosa Nd everybody else used steroids in the days where there were no rules and no testing. Now there is testing, been rules in place since 2003.

Rules have now expanded to blood tests
  • In reply to Bronx bombers I agree. Test everybody, test all the time

That wasn't my quote, it was this guys :lol:

david-ortiz-sportsroids_zpsb5233d13.jpg

I just saw that, my apologies. I misread
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    4. Players will always cheat.

Absolutely so why is Clemens not in the hall of fame when a guy like Gaylord Perry who used the spitball, vaseline, sandpaper and whatever the hell else he could find to doctor the ball to get an advantage gets voted in?
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Absolutely so why is Clemens not in the hall of fame when a guy like Gaylord Perry who used the spitball, vaseline, sandpaper and whatever the hell else he could find to doctor the ball to get an advantage gets voted in?

Thank You!!!

Clemens is a dirtbag.

That is why New York is happy to have him.

(I am Kidding!!!!)
    (not really)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. And the list goes on and on, players like Aaron and Schmidt took greenies, the league was segregated, etc.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm of sure we can compare using illegal drugs and gamesmanship.
    Not arguing with you guys, you both seem to know what you're talking about and I would enjoy catching a game with you. RE. Bronx and cliffy

I say if you can get away with doctoring a baseball all the power to you, that's been going on since abner a. Doubleday invented the game of baseball.
  • And add to that, most if not all the players who doped all their records and stats are still intact. In cycling, those who doped have had their records, stats and wins stripped. Not just lance too.

I also think the players knew what they were doing. They knew it was cheating. Just because the rule book doesnt mention HGH or creatine doesnt mean its not wrong. And the MLB knew. Selig knew.

Its odd how completely different the 2 sports have responded to the issue. Neither has done what needs to be done. But in cycling if you doped, your results are gone now. In baseball if you doped, you are considered one of the greatest pitchers of all time and in this case the 5th greatest homerun hitter in history.

It shouldnt be both. Sports should use one or the other. Either say players cheat and thus nothing can be done about it, or ban, fine, erase players who doped.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. You can't retroactively punish someone for doing something that was not against the rules

2. Yes, we all know baseball had a problem. They ignored it and made a shit load of money off of it. What's in the past is in the past.

3. Arod is being accused of using HGH which they are testing for starting this year, the first major sport to do blood testing and test for HGH.

4. Players will always cheat. Baseball now has the toughest testing of any major American sport.

those who cheated ruined it for everyone else. Because everything anyone does on a baseball diamond is now suspect. And those players, who went their who careers clean, played amazing ball, and got some amazing stats, were left in the dust because of someone like Arod who used drugs to enhance his stats.

What about Jeter or Pujols?

I think the fallout and disillusionment of a Jeter or Pujols, Jeter especially would dwarf what we saw in the Lance aftermath. I just feel like people view Jeter as a class act, the definition of baseball and sportsmanship, and if it comes out he doped, people are going to go nuts
  • also I dont believe Aaron doped. Theres no evidence of it. Just someone, a teammate who said everyone on the team doped. But as I said, the result of the last decade has been to make all of us suspect anyone who does anything in sports.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. You can't retroactively punish someone for doing something that was not against the rules

2. Yes, we all know baseball had a problem. They ignored it and made a shit load of money off of it. What's in the past is in the past.

3. Arod is being accused of using HGH which they are testing for starting this year, the first major sport to do blood testing and test for HGH.

4. Players will always cheat. Baseball now has the toughest testing of any major American sport.

those who cheated ruined it for everyone else. Because everything anyone does on a baseball diamond is now suspect. And those players, who went their who careers clean, played amazing ball, and got some amazing stats, were left in the dust because of someone like Arod who used drugs to enhance his stats.

What about Jeter or Pujols?

I think the fallout and disillusionment of a Jeter or Pujols, Jeter especially would dwarf what we saw in the Lance aftermath. I just feel like people view Jeter as a class act, the definition of baseball and sportsmanship, and if it comes out he doped, people are going to go nuts

Jeter did not dope, he is a class act. Jeter is not a dummy

And I'm not one to do this but this is an A-rod is a dummy thread.
  • If Jeter ever doped he should get a refund because it certainly didn't give him a power boost. As a Yankee fan the only guys that would absolutely shock me are DJ and Mo.
  • If Jeter ever doped he should get a refund because it certainly didn't give him a power boost. As a Yankee fan the only guys that would absolutely shock me are DJ and Mo.

100% agreement here my friend.

Hope I can call you that

As far as Pujols goes, I recall a statement he made in maybe 2006. He said if he tested positive for anything, even Tylenol, he would give back every cent he earned. It was a verbal statement.
  • also I dont believe Aaron doped. Theres no evidence of it. Just someone, a teammate who said everyone on the team doped. But as I said, the result of the last decade has been to make all of us suspect anyone who does anything in sports.

Aaron? As in Hank Aaron. Wow wow wow. What are you even talking about there.

But if that's a typo and you meant A-rod, then it's official then you are an A-rod fan and you enjoy cycling.

But if you do you mean A-rod, he did dope, he admitted it and he tested positive.
    This weeks allegations have not officially been proven, but with the amount of evidence and common sense he's been cheating all along. Right through last summer, read my opening post in this thread.
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thank You!!!

Clemens is a dirtbag.

That is why New York is happy to have him.

(I am Kidding!!!!)
    (not really)

Stay-Sea, Clemens is retired has been for years
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Can we deport A-Rod so I don't have to hear on ESPN about how he farted in the bathroom every dang week.
    My butt itches!

100% agreement here my friend.

Hope I can call you that

As far as Pujols goes, I recall a statement he made in maybe 2006. He said if he tested positive for anything, even Tylenol, he would give back every cent he earned. It was a verbal statement.

I did not know that about pujols very interesting my friend, although doubtful that would ever happen just look at Ortiz's comment. I'm not sure if he doped but I seriously question his age and that would certainly be considered cheating.
  • DURP wrote:
    Can we deport A-Rod so I don't have to hear on ESPN about how he farted in the bathroom every dang week.

Espn is so biased against the Yankees when's the last time you ever heard them bash Ortiz.
  • Bronx.... I'm assuming you mean Pujols age. That wouldn't shock me a bit. Those Latinos all lie about their age.
    I also find it no conincidence that mike Stanton became Giancarlo Stanton all of a sudden last year.

DURP as much as I hate the guy we can't deport him. He was born in New York, raised in Miami
    DURP wrote:

Espn is so biased against the Yankees when's the last time you ever heard them bash Ortiz.

I don't care about baseball or basketball which in ESPN world are the only two sports. Ortiz is a overrated piece of shit much like A-rod. That fat fuck wouldn't even be in the league if it were not for the DH rule.
    My butt itches!
    DURP as much as I hate the guy we can't deport him. He was born in New York, raised in Miami

Fuck you mean we can't deport him for having sex with Madonna?
    My butt itches!
  • Bronx.... I'm assuming you mean Pujols age. That wouldn't shock me a bit. Those Latinos all lie about their age.
    I also find it no conincidence that mike Stanton became Giancarlo Stanton all of a sudden last year.

Yeah you gotta seriously wonder about a lot of those guys ages. I know most of them grew up in serious poverty but thats no excuse they're committing fraud.
  • DURP wrote:
    DURP wrote:

I don't care about baseball or basketball which in ESPN world are the only two sports. Ortiz is a overrated piece of shit much like A-rod. That fat fuck wouldn't even be in the league if it were not for the DH rule.

Sorry I have to ask. If you don't care about baseball then why comment on it.

Because someone like A-rod with so much talent only piss it away is annoying. I mean the guy could have been one of the best but instead pissed it away by roiding and fucking madonna. But seriously this guy could have shattered records instead he will forever be known as a chode.
    My butt itches!
  • DURP wrote:

Because someone like A-rod with so much talent only piss it away is annoying. I mean the guy could have been one of the best but instead pissed it away by roiding and fucking madonna. But seriously this guy could have shattered records instead he will forever be known as a chode.

I agree, although I don't see how Madonna has anything at all to do with it.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2013
    Here's a link to a story about players who played in the 60's and 70''s such as Aaron and steroids not saying I believe he did it but I wouldn't doubt he took some kind of PED like uppers like so many of his peers.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/ ... s-juicing/
    Post edited by Bronx Bombers on
    DURP wrote:

I agree, although I don't see how Madonna has anything at all to do with it.

Neither do I.

All I remember is my wife got me Seinfeld tickets and I guess this was around the time when A-Rod and Madonna went to Seinfelds house. After Seinfeld did his show he took questions and people from the audience asked how was A-Rod and Madonna.

Plus Madonna just plain out sucks ass.
    My butt itches!
  • Here's a link to a story about players who played in the 60's and 70''s such as Aaron and steroids not saying I believe he did it but I wouldn't doubt he took some kind of PED like uppers like so many of his peers.

I don't doubt any of that. But I don't consider uppers performance enhancing. Is marijuana a PED? No it's not, it's an illegal drug I know.

We had a Canadian snowboarder win an Olympic medal a bunch of years ago now. Ross rebagliati I believe his name was. He tested positive for marijuana they took his medal away, I don't agree with that.
    Pot does not enhance any performance if anything it makes you lazy and tired. Off our topic I know.
    Here's a link to a story about players who played in the 60's and 70''s such as Aaron and steroids not saying I believe he did it but I wouldn't doubt he took some kind of PED like uppers like so many of his peers.

I don't doubt any of that. But I don't consider uppers performance enhancing. Is marijuana a PED? No it's not, it's an illegal drug I know.

We had a Canadian snowboarder win an Olympic medal a bunch of years ago now. Ross rebagliati I believe his name was. He tested positive for marijuana they took his medal away, I don't agree with that.
    Pot does not enhance any performance if anything it makes you lazy and tired. Off our topic I know.

To punish someone for Pot is 1950's style. I smoke when i can. The VA had me on 30 mg of morphine a day for the amount of pain i am in daily. I instead decided to go back to pot. My wife hates the smell of pot and hates me when my dudes are out which puts me in a bad mood. But punishing people for a plant is stupid.

When I was taking the 30mg of Morphine a day i was a fucking zombie. Shit I don't even remember half of the shit I did. When I smoke pot yeah I admit I eat alot of junk food but I remember everything I did the next day. Sure we go through Oreo's and Cheesey poofs more than usual but it's better than the alternative.

It got to the point with the Morphine I was sleep walking and taking pills. Stace (my wife) started hiding my pills before she went to bed. She was afraid to find me dead from an accidental O.D in the morning. So whats worse me sleepwalking and doing bong loads or me sleepwalking and taking one to many pills and dying? Hmmmmmm I'm guessing bongloads doesn't sound that bad.
    My butt itches!