• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    BTW ****rollings****
    I want to thank you for that "very niceness"
    It sure is 8-)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    StillHere wrote:
    BTW ****rollings****
    I want to thank you for that "very niceness"
    It sure is 8-)

you're welcome!

see? 8-)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    StillHere wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    People who believe in ghosts.... :fp:

that's how we all start out..until you come face to face with something unexplainable and undeniable
    what it is i have no idea
    but something
    I'm a man of science. Even if the unexplainable happened, I would certainly know there is an explanation for it outside our irrational fear/delusion/neuro-deficiencies that cause us humans to believe and think of such ridiculous notions.

That said, it does make for interesting movies! :D
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Well God-like it is! It's always baffled me,and I was always afraid of mentioning it
    thinking people would say(CRAZY!) so thank you for helping me. :D
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm a man of science. Even if the unexplainable happened, I would certainly know there is an explanation for it outside our irrational fear/delusion/neuro-deficiencies that cause us humans to believe and think of such ridiculous notions.

Yes. And that's because the neuro-sufficient human brain is all knowing. I mean, of course.

No, I'm serious.
    Here's to Mr. Science. I stayed in a home where the woman that my mother took care of,Passed away. Every night when I went to bed,I would hear the sound of little bells. Finally,One night I yelled out,"What Do You Want?" All of a sudden the picture behind my bed,Fell off and hit my head. It was a picture of her Cat's.They were wearing collars with bell's on them.I told her that her cat's were O.K. and that they were sent to her Sister's in Arizona. From that day forward, the bell's never rang again.That's all She wanted to know.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    rollings wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yes. And that's because the neuro-sufficient human brain is all knowing. I mean, of course.

No, I'm serious.
    No, but its interesting that whenever folks perceive a "ghost", it is overwhelmingly when such folk are either tired, depressed, or have a psychological condition.
    The Amygdala is a silly beast that kicks in in such moments. It has many powerful effects on thinkers and non-thinkers alike. :?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    The only time I've seen a "ghost" was when I was on acid

wow you guy's have been posting Ghost stories for a long time now.
    Just read your post and some others from way back. Oh! I've got more I could Tell.
    I never met my boyfriends Grandmother. But it was early 4th of july morning,I was dreaming that
    an elderly woman was calling out my boyfriends name. All of a sudden,the phone rang, waking us both up. His Grand Mother had passed in the night.
    mca47 wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

No, I'm serious.
    No, but its interesting that whenever folks perceive a "ghost", it is overwhelmingly when such folk are either tired, depressed, or have a psychological condition.
    The Amygdala is a silly beast that kicks in in such moments. It has many powerful effects on thinkers and non-thinkers alike. :?

so when people "see" things, they're gonna be ghosts? What about when two or more people witness something at the same time?
    mca47 wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

No, I'm serious.
    Then explain to me why my wall clock came off the wall and flew eight feet across the living room,smashing against the coffee table,breaking to pieces. that was no rediculous notion!
    yeah

or why when I was only ten years old my friend's parents, straight-laced as shit, would reluctantly confirm the walking pajama ghost story (their whole family saw it) even though they were trying hard not to scare me.

Now stop this, I hate ghost stories
    rollings wrote:
    yeah

or why when I was only ten years old my friend's parents, straight-laced as shit, would reluctantly confirm the walking pajama ghost story (their whole family saw it) even though they were trying hard not to scare me.

Tell me, :) do!
    donnaruhl wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    yeah

no. I'm scared as poop.
    rollings wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    yeah

no. I'm scared as poop.

How scary can Pajamas be?
    oh, when I was about 12 or 13, there was a period of about two weeks that I used to have breathing right above me when i was in bed.

But believe me I was wide awake and not about to fall asleep or sleeping. I would go into a cold sweat but be frozen stiff as if with terror, and just trying to figure out how this could be.

Then one night it said "oh god"

and after that, it stopped.
    donnaruhl wrote:

walking with nobody in them?

pretty frickin scary if you ask me
    rollings wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

walking with nobody in them?

pretty frickin scary if you ask me

I.... I don't get it.
    well, how do you explain THIS
    rollings wrote:
    well, how do you explain THIS

Now you're just fucking with me :lol:
    When I was about 4 or 5. My mom would have to sleep with me or my sisters. They took turns. All because,one night I was in bed,when all of a sudden,Two Red like Eyes appeared on the bedroom door, I got up and waived my hands in front of it to see if anything was coming through the window behind me. but they didn't go away. I then stood on my tippy toe's to see if there were holes in the door that weren't there before.No Hole's! Those Red Eye's just stared at me. I tried covering my head with the blanket's,but every time I pulled them down,There they were.I slept in my sisters room from that point on.
    [
    quote="rollings"]well, how do you explain THIS[/quote]
    what kind of pajamas were they?
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Oooooooo I love anything ghostly and scary!!! :D I have gone on lots of night ghost tours and stayed the night in supposed haunted places. I love it!
    Have to admit, I've only really encountered noises, never seen anything. I have heard conversations in the Old Adelaide jail at night. Whether they have it set up to trick you? I don't know but I have definitely heard very rough, ocka sounding conversations between men.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    This happened to my mom's sister when she was young. My mom's sister had gone to bed, sound asleep, she was suddenly awoke by a sharp pain in her leg around her ankle, enough to make her scream and bring her to tears. Her mom and others sisters run into her bedroom and there she is sittting up and when she showed them her ankle, there was teeth bite marks real evident around her ankle, very red and it was a human mouth. Very freaky.
    They had multiple wierd events happen at that house. My mom tells me different stories of Grandma who passed away about 6 yrs ago of ghostly encounters and I will say visions she had. Apparently when ever Grandma had a dream about a red rose on a pillow, sometime in the next couple of days a person close to her or someone she knew...DIED

Believe it if you will, but I believe my Mom & Grandma
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    mca47 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    People who believe in ghosts.... :fp:

that's how we all start out..until you come face to face with something unexplainable and undeniable
    what it is i have no idea
    but something

That said, it does make for interesting movies! :D

Science does not negate an after-existence does it?
    After all, energy being captured is all about science.
    I don't see how one rules out the other.
    Just sayin' :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    :thumbup: :wave:
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Well God-like it is! It's always baffled me,and I was always afraid of mentioning it
    thinking people would say(CRAZY!) so thank you for helping me. :D
    peace,
    jo

mca47 wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

No, I'm serious.

perhaps the only times are brains are not "too busy" with the business of everyday perception that the dear old amygdala has a chance to do its real work.

Just because we don't experience this stuff when we're too busy to notice it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Imagine the myriad number of occurrence that go unnoticed just because our brains are busy with other stuff. Innumerable.

Even men of science are talking about this. Theoretical physics is exploring alternate universes and the wherabouts of energy once its spent or its host no longer "exists". Nothing really ever ends does it?
    peace,
    jo

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    The only time I've seen a "ghost" was when I was on acid
    that's not a ghost. that's halucinating
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote: