I'm going to start telling my own....putting them up on my blog
(SimpleEarthCreations.com)

and I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing other's stories

Got Some?
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    When i was kid upstate N.Y., our neighbor told us a story of how it was bring your daughter to work day so he wakes up early and wakes up his kid and they leave for work, his wife wakes up and takes a shower and then is drying her hair and feels a tug on her robe and hears Mommy, Mommy and without looking down she shoo's her away and says let Mommy finish drying her hair, well she does and starts looking all over the house for her kid and starts to get frantic, complety forgeting what day it was, she finally gets her husband on the phone and he like what are you talking about? shes with me. Mom's left weirded out and then a couple of months later there talking to their landlord when he stops by for the rent and the husband starts telling him the story as a sort of joke, but the landlord stiffens up and says well i didn't want to tell you this but the family that lived here before you also had a little girl who died in the house.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    When i was kid upstate N.Y., our neighbor told us a story of how it was bring your daughter to work day so he wakes up early and wakes up his kid and they leave for work, his wife wakes up and takes a shower and then is drying her hair and feels a tug on her robe and hears Mommy, Mommy and without looking down she shoo's her away and says let Mommy finish drying her hair, well she does and starts looking all over the house for her kid and starts to get frantic, complety forgeting what day it was, she finally gets her husband on the phone and he like what are you talking about? shes with me. Mom's left weirded out and then a couple of months later there talking to their landlord when he stops by for the rent and the husband starts telling him the story as a sort of joke, but the landlord stiffens up and says well i didn't want to tell you this but the family that lived here before you also had a little girl who died in the house.

C'MON!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    dankind wrote:

C'MON!

:lol::lol::lol: Who knows. makes for a good story.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

i believe it

we lived in a haunted house when the kids were little
    youngest daughter is "sensitive"
    she told us things that she could not possibly have made up
    out of curiosity we checked some stuff out with the local historical society....names, days, circumstances .....................
    all spot on!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Surrounded on all four sides by woods, I like most kids in my hometown spent alot of time hanging out there.

"sleepy hollow" was one spot behind an old cemetary at the end of town. It was indeed a very eerie spot, not just because of the cemetary, but because of weird noises, and trees that seemed alive and seemed to move in your peripheral vision or when you crossed certain areas there were noises like crackling or quiet howling or humming. It was not a friendly place to be.

It was also a popular place to go in the middle of night or on halloween, (I never did.) There have been numerous reports growing up, and now online about how at night you can hear an organ playing.

This place even has a few online "paranormal reviews"

From: http://digitalscan.paulding.net/epgr/In ... index.html

"....We ventured to "Sleepy Hollow" to see what all the talk was about. As soon as we entered this eerie area an awkward presence was in the air. The sense that someone was watching us as we walked along the path, which looked like that of a tunnel with trees guiding on both sides. We noticed numerous tombstones in the wooded, grown in area. Some were destroyed, and others looked as if they had been placed there no more than a year ago.

We preceeded to follow the path to what seemed to be the "center" of "Sleepy Hollow". ....... After investigating this area for a little while, we moved on along the path. The path continued to be guided by trees on both sides, and the uneasiness followed. We received a few short jumps on the EMF meter, and were startled by a strange noise as we entered what seemed to be another part of "Sleepy Hollow", while venturing past the large tree that had fallen across the path. This is where we ended our investigation and headed back, taking our time to make sure we didn't miss anything. The uneasiness lessened as we left the area, and once we were outside of the old run-down gate, it had gone away completely......"

Not really "ghost sightings" here, but more like a "definite presence"
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    rollings wrote:
    Surrounded on all four sides by woods, I like most kids in my hometown spent alot of time hanging out there.

"sleepy hollow" was one spot behind an old cemetary at the end of town. It was indeed a very eerie spot, not just because of the cemetary, but because of weird noises, and trees that seemed alive and seemed to move in your peripheral vision or when you crossed certain areas there were noises like crackling or quiet howling or humming. It was not a friendly place to be.

It was also a popular place to go in the middle of night or on halloween, (I never did.) There have been numerous reports growing up, and now online about how at night you can hear an organ playing.

"....We ventured to "Sleepy Hollow" to see what all the talk was about. As soon as we entered this eerie area an awkward presence was in the air. The sense that someone was watching us as we walked along the path, which looked like that of a tunnel with trees guiding on both sides. We noticed numerous tombstones in the wooded, grown in area. Some were destroyed, and others looked as if they had been placed there no more than a year ago.

We preceeded to follow the path to what seemed to be the "center" of "Sleepy Hollow". ....... After investigating this area for a little while, we moved on along the path. The path continued to be guided by trees on both sides, and the uneasiness followed. We received a few short jumps on the EMF meter, and were startled by a strange noise as we entered what seemed to be another part of "Sleepy Hollow", while venturing past the large tree that had fallen across the path. This is where we ended our investigation and headed back, taking our time to make sure we didn't miss anything. The uneasiness lessened as we left the area, and once we were outside of the old run-down gate, it had gone away completely......"

Very Twin Peaks-y
    TheBlackLodge.png
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • i met Black Diamond,stayed at his house for a week...enough said
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dankind wrote:
    rollings wrote:

Very Twin Peaks-y
    TheBlackLodge.png

ever hear of the town in Pennsylvania that's had an underground fire burning for years...Centralia? That location has been used in numerous tv shows and movies as a haunted ghost town and for good reason.

Well, the people of centralia have been relocated to an area that is about 1/4 of a mile from the cemetary at sleep hollow.

coincidence? I think NOT :shock:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    rollings wrote:

ever hear of the town in Pennsylvania that's had an underground fire burning for years...Centralia? That location has been used in numerous tv shows and movies as a haunted ghost town and for good reason.

Well, the people of centralia have been relocated to an area that is about 1/4 of a mile from the cemetary at sleep hollow.

Yeah, I read about that somewhere! So creepy!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    People who believe in ghosts.... :fp:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    These used to be my FAVORITE books:

Scary-Stories-To-Tell-In-The-Dark-Book-Cover.jpg
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    rollings wrote:

i've been in places that feel like that
    i'm always looking for an organic reason for it
    water running over limestone or quartz - underground springs?
    electricity sources from somewhere

very cool
    peace,
    jo

Mamasan23 wrote:
    These used to be my FAVORITE books:

Scary-Stories-To-Tell-In-The-Dark-Book-Cover.jpg
    ?????
    peace,
    jo

When I was a young teenager I was allowed out till 10pm on weekend nights.
    i used to go "hang out" across the bridge in New Hope PA where all the hippies and cool kids were :roll:
    anyway, the walk home was a mile or so
    and every night i would walk all the way to a certain point, happy go lucky
    and at this certain point there was an old abandoned factory of some sort....tile works or pin factory or something
    emtpy lot now with chain link fence around it
    no different than a lot of other places
    but it gave me the creeps soooo bad that i would cross the street, or on a quiet night just walk in the middle of the street, away from the edge of that fence. i always had the feeling that if i got too close to the fence that *someone or something would GET ME*
    so eventually one of the old guy neighbors there saw me in the daytime and asked why he sees me do that every time i walk by there
    i told him i didn't really know why, it just was kinda scary
    he told me then that years back, in the back of that lot, where the railroad ran into the warehouses for the factory, a girl had been attacked, raped and brutally murdered
    right there
    so...was there some sort of residual energy there?
    what?
    who knows
    i only know how i felt
    and that i had no idea
    i never did verify that the story was true except to ask my parents, and my dad told me that indeed it had been true
    think what you will
    peace,
    jo

mca47 wrote:
    People who believe in ghosts.... :fp:

that's how we all start out..until you come face to face with something unexplainable and undeniable
    what it is i have no idea
    but something
    peace,
    jo

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i've revealed a few on here but i'll tell my most recent fucked the fuck up event that just recently happened no more than 6-8 weeks ago.

i'm sound asleep when for whatever reason i wake up. i'm not blurry headed, my vision is as if i was wide awake & had not been sleeping. all that alone in itself is odd because i just then lopened my eyes & was wide awake after being sound asleep for several hours & waking in like an instanteous flash like.

directly over my bed & i was a black cloud/shadow energy thing that was saying hi. then my cell phone signaled telling me i had 3 voice messages just arrive on my phone. my phone never rang & i don't have voice mail set up on my cell because they charge me minutes to listen to voice messages.

i then looked around to make sure i was alone & cool. then closed my eyes & went back to sleep. i had no feelings of being scared out of my mind what with the black shadow/cloud rolling across my ceiling above me making my cell phone go haywire.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Non-believers will be non-believers
    but I just HAVE to tell you the story of the sequence of things that happened about 10 years ago that convinced be beyond any shadow of a doubt that there is something, i don't know what, but something .... going on after we are done here
    I remember all the details..every one, but I won't bore you with them
    I was with someone who all in our circle of friends know to be a *sensitive*
    things come to her about people and places
    I won't go into all that, but you get it..not a medium per say but kind of
    she isn't one of those pushy let me tell you your future people, just like you and me, except for one thing
    sooooo.. we were hanging round and she got the Ouija board out (which she did frequently for a while)
    and maybe contrary to better judgement i joined in
    mind you, with her, this is not a game, its serious business
    if not lighthearted sometimes
    so she's asking if anyone wants to come through, etc
    and someone named Francis comes through to talk
    the Ouija is spelling out these elaborate conversations...always happens when she uses it..and she is not manipulating it..but i won't convince you of that so i'll just go on
    anyway Francis is talking and he says he has a message for me
    from a dear friend of mine who just wants me to know that hes OK
    supposedly this Francis is my friend Jose's spirit guide, so he says
    Jose would talk himself but I guess he hasn't learned the ropes yet or whatever
    So Jose would like me to know that hes OK and hes just having his tea
    (My friend Jose, who is a rough and tumble biker type dude, would come over after work every afternoon, and join me for tea....cream and sugar thank you very much, and some nice conversation..even if no one would EVER believe that he would do that LOL! Which was one VERY COOL thing about him.)
    anyway..so I say well, yeah, right..sure.....that's nice, but the only Jose I know is just fine and well thank you
    Francis tells us some more stuff about cops and cars etc
    I blow it all off and think well that was entertaining
    Let's have a beer and we go about the rest of the weekend and have a great time.
    Few days later I'm talking to an old neighbor that I run into at the grocery store in town...she says to me I'm so sorry to hear about Jose.....WHAT????
    What about Jose? He left in his truck for a run a few days back and that was last I had heard.
    Oh...you didn't know? she says to me?
    Know what? Stomach in my throat.....heart in the pit of my stomach... you know the feeling
    She tells me
    She heard that Jose had been killed just outside of NYC a couple of days ago under some shady circumstances involving cops and a chase and well, probably drugs, unfortunately
    SHOCK!!!!!
    It was true. Very sad. Very true. Very heartbreaking. And I STILL Miss Him.
    But SHE HAD BEEN RIGHT...This Francis, Jose's spirit guide, had told us, and told me that Jose was still wherever he is now....having tea
    The day she told me this, the day with the Ouija board, would have been the day or the day after, he was killed.

I SHITE YOU NOT!
    Explain if you can?
    I look forward to any rationale from you guys
    peace,
    jo

One kind of scary thing that happens to me quite often is when I'm sleeping I feel a tapping on my feet...as if a cat has reached up and swatted the soles of both feet.
    Even though I'm HOT HOT HOT at night and would prefer that my tootsies are hanging out of the blanket ... I end up covering them up in anticipation of the invisible kitty cat that's going to swat me soon.

Hahahahhaa its more than likely some sort of sleep anomaly.... even though I'm usually not really asleep when it happens, but I am resting in bed.

There are some, however, that would swear its a ghost.
    peace,
    jo

chadwick wrote:
    i've revealed a few on here but i'll tell my most recent fucked the fuck up event that just recently happened no more than 6-8 weeks ago.

i'm sound asleep when for whatever reason i wake up. i'm not blurry headed, my vision is as if i was wide awake & had not been sleeping. all that alone in itself is odd because i just then lopened my eyes & was wide awake after being sound asleep for several hours & waking in like an instanteous flash like.

directly over my bed & i was a black cloud/shadow energy thing that was saying hi. then my cell phone signaled telling me i had 3 voice messages just arrive on my phone. my phone never rang & i don't have voice mail set up on my cell because they charge me minutes to listen to voice messages.

i then looked around to make sure i was alone & cool. then closed my eyes & went back to sleep. i had no feelings of being scared out of my mind what with the black shadow/cloud rolling across my ceiling above me making my cell phone go haywire.

what do you think it was?
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

what do you think it was?
    i don't know.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    it wasn't headlight shadows dancing across the place because i've saw those a million times in my 40 years. this was no headlights from cars making shadows and dancing through my place....no

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rollings wrote:

Yeah, I read about that somewhere! So creepy!!!!!!

the discovery of the centralia minefire culminated in 1981 when a 12-yr old Todd Domboski fell in a sinkhole and was pulled out by his cousin (both kid and hole in picture)

I went to high school with him and in 9th grade start of high school, he was known to all of us as "the kid who fell in the hole".

In history class I sat right in front of "the kid who fell in the hole"....so I used to turn around and look at him sometimes.

:shock:

One day he whispered to me...."turn around or I'll kill ya"..

:wtf:

I did.

:shock: (looking ahead)

(he was kidding, it was funny)

Centralias_Final_Days_Reyn3_t607.jpg
    im still waiting for james to come visit us, his dad lives across the way from me. james hung himself several months back. i get goose bumps just about every night

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    the only ghost I ever "experienced" is buried in that sleepy hollow cemetary I typed about earlier but I don't think I can bring myself to type about it...eeeeeeeeyyyyyy
    rollings wrote:
    the only ghost I ever "experienced" is buried in that sleepy hollow cemetary I typed about earlier but I don't think I can bring myself to type about it...eeeeeeeeyyyyyy

yes! do tell :corn:
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    rollings wrote:

no I can't, I'm a scaredy-pants, and my bed just lifted off the ground because I typed just that much. :shock:
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    It's quite Ghostly,But I say it's God-like to me.It was 20some years ago when it first happened.I was in bed asleep when all of a sudden I was awakened by a jolt,as if I were levitating and just dropped back into my bed. I at that point, looked at the clock and it was 3:33am. It happened several times after that. And each time it was 3:33am.to this day,I live with 333. Everyday, I either see it on a license plate @ 3:33 in the afternoon or on a sign,the radio in my truck or car,An Address,even someone saying it in passing.The first initial happening wasn't alarming,so I've never felt threatened. So that's why I just say ,I Love You God when it happen's. Kinda my way of accepting it as someone looking out for me. I just don't know. If anyone has any knowlege in numbers and their meaning I'd surely like to know?
    donnaruhl wrote:
    It's quite Ghostly,But I say it's God-like to me.It was 20some years ago when it first happened.I was in bed asleep when all of a sudden I was awakened by a jolt,as if I were levitating and just dropped back into my bed. I at that point, looked at the clock and it was 3:33am. It happened several times after that. And each time it was 3:33am.to this day,I live with 333. Everyday, I either see it on a license plate @ 3:33 in the afternoon or on a sign,the radio in my truck or car,An Address,even someone saying it in passing.The first initial happening wasn't alarming,so I've never felt threatened. So that's why I just say ,I Love You God when it happen's. Kinda my way of accepting it as someone looking out for me. I just don't know. If anyone has any knowlege in numbers and their meaning I'd surely like to know?

in latin 3 is a "perfect" number and instead of saying the most perfect you would say whatever it is three times...or "333".

in latin, 6 is an "imperfect" number, and thus ....well i'm a scaredy pants but tres six is...most imperfect.

but 333 would be like the antithesis of....those tres six

FYI.

by the way, I am awaked in the middle of the night at the same time all the time too... those times change though.....weird...
    rollings wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    rollings wrote:

no I can't, I'm a scaredy-pants, and my bed just lifted off the ground because I typed just that much. :shock:
    :lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

rollings wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

in latin 3 is a "perfect" number and instead of saying the most perfect you would say whatever it is three times...or "333".

in latin, 6 is an "imperfect" number, and thus ....well i'm a scaredy pants but tres six is...most imperfect.

but 333 would be like the antithesis of....those tres six

FYI.

by the way, I am awaked in the middle of the night at the same time all the time too... those times change though.....weird...

me too...for decades 3:15 a.m.
    wonder if its a sleep cycle thing?
    internal clock and all that jazz/
    peace,
    jo