Options

Piers Morgan and Alex Jones

12346»

Comments

• Options

And way to go Dimitri..exactly the emotional response he was trying to invoke. No thought put into how when there is a gun ban there a lot more of those babies killed.
    actually was a spontaneous reaction..cos the number is huge per day..
    all this time we talked in thousand of deaths,and that per day was like sockin
    nothing to do with what you guys talking,i didnt read the whole thread yet for comment or have an opinion
    thats why i quote only the "8 kids every day." and not the whole post

Well..that is what he was trying to do, shock people into feeling bad. It is a shocking and sad number. But it's even higher when guns are banned here. Which means a lot more children died that didn't have to during the ban in D.C. and during this ban in Chicago. That's heartbreaking.

The United States is the country with the highest rate of civilian gun ownership in the world. (The second highest is Yemen, where the rate is nevertheless only half that of the U.S.) No civilian population is more powerfully armed.

The more guns per capita, the more gun deaths per capita. The US has the most guns, ergo it has one of the highest rates of gun deaths.

When it comes to homicides and gun ownership rates, Mexico and the United States are each in a league of their own.

Source:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/shooting ... z2HupKvZtX
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    If they put better programs, and more importantly, better jobs, in poorest areas, it would deal with poverty and crime at the same time. It's frustrating that everyone is focusing on one of many tools used for crime, instead of focusing on the driving source behind the crime.

thirty- you're just plain wrong. And you are still speaking for me, so now, yes, you are being a douchebag.

You never have told me how I am actually wrong (or plain wrong), but you keep blathering on just like a moron might. No facts, no statistics (even though you keep referring to some), no sources... just an obviously indoctrinated opinion that no logic or rationale argument could ever hope to change.

Enjoy your guns. You are now the second person on my ignore list.
  • Options
    The United States is the country with the highest rate of civilian gun ownership in the world. (The second highest is Yemen, where the rate is nevertheless only half that of the U.S.) No civilian population is more powerfully armed.

The more guns per capita, the more gun deaths per capita. The US has the most guns, ergo it has one of the highest rates of gun deaths.

When it comes to homicides and gun ownership rates, Mexico and the United States are each in a league of their own.

Source:

I already posted so many statistics that show gun crime goes up in this country wherever there are less legal gun owners. I'm not going to keep posting them repeatedly cos you choose to ignore it.

I told you where to find the statistics. If you can't be bothered, that's your ignorance. Just cos I don't spend half an hour collecting up each individual link off their site about it for you. I told you where they all are. the FBI website. It's not like I said oh I just found it somewhere on the net. I was specific. Anyone is free to go look. If I am wrong, it is quite easy to prove. It's their latest statistics posted. it's not like it's deep in their site somewhere it would take forever to find. fbi.gov..it's not complicated.

As for enjoying my guns. I don't have any. But thanks again for assuming the first thing about me. I guess to you anyone who doesn't think guns should be banned is a gun gripping right wing nut who thinks the government is out to get them. As shown by several ignorant statements you made.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Source:

I already posted so many statistics that show gun crime goes up in this country wherever there are less legal gun owners. I'm not going to keep posting them repeatedly cos you choose to ignore it.

I told you where to find the statistics. If you can't be bothered, that's your ignorance. Just cos I don't spend half an hour collecting up each individual link off their site about it for you. I told you where they all are. the FBI website. It's not like I said oh I just found it somewhere on the net. I was specific. Anyone is free to go look. If I am wrong, it is quite easy to prove. It's their latest statistics posted. it's not like it's deep in their site somewhere it would take forever to find. fbi.gov..it's not complicated.

As for enjoying my guns. I don't have any. But thanks again for assuming the first thing about me. I guess to you anyone who doesn't think guns should be banned is a gun gripping right wing nut who thinks the government is out to get them. As shown by several ignorant statements you made.

:clap:
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    unsung wrote:
    fucking sweetness. that is what i'm talking about.

"whatch you talkin willis?"

piers morgan, you sir, are a hatchet man... :mrgreen:
    whatever that is
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    fucking sweetness. that is what i'm talking about.

"whatch you talkin willis?"

piers morgan, you sir, are a hatchet man... :mrgreen:
    whatever that is

Chadwick... come on now...

You forgot 'bout.

It's "whatch you talkin 'bout willis?"
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    piers morgan & ted nugent
    http://youtu.be/pkjIMxf0VyU
    pierce shooting a rifle & interviewing ted in a gun shop in texas.

nice...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Source:

Humans are very simple creatures and can't handle the power of having guns. You can pull all the statistics you want but the only stat that matters is the US has more gun deaths than other western countries that don't have a proliferation of guns. Period. Humans can't handle guns.
    And to avoid assumptions, I don't trust my government and feel humans should be able to defend themselves....hence I don't have a solution, we're just fked as humans cause we are no different than any animal and will ultimately exterminte ourselves.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    unsung wrote:
    Talk about a hatchet job of a story....sad sad sad. Almost as bad as justification for going into Iraq. :fp:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen wrote:

Source:

I told you where to find the statistics. If you can't be bothered, that's your ignorance. Just cos I don't spend half an hour collecting up each individual link off their site about it for you
    . I told you where they all are. the FBI website. It's not like I said oh I just found it somewhere on the net. I was specific. Anyone is free to go look. If I am wrong, it is quite easy to prove. It's their latest statistics posted. it's not like it's deep in their site somewhere it would take forever to find. fbi.gov..it's not complicated.

Humans are very simple creatures and can't handle the power of having guns. You can pull all the statistics you want but the only stat that matters is the US has more gun deaths than other western countries that don't have a proliferation of guns. Period. Humans can't handle guns.
    And to avoid assumptions, I don't trust my government and feel humans should be able to defend themselves....hence I don't have a solution, we're just fked as humans cause we are no different than any animal and will ultimately exterminte ourselves.

Just for the record... she never posted any statistics. She kept referring to the fact that she had... but there were never any presented. You can read her contradiction in the first two sentences of her post.

She said it takes her a half an hour to do so. If this is true, I can understand why she didn't bother. But the thing is... it takes most people maybe a minute to open up another tab, type in something they have read to google, click on the suggested link that they are familiar with, copy the url, and then paste it in the passage they have bothered to write. I guess what I am saying is... either she really hasn't researched the subject too much and speaks mostly from an opinion formed by chatting with her friends... or she needs to get some better computer skills.