Big Ten Basketball Thread (Includes Weekly Power Rankings!)

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Vitale and Magic need to get a room
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Heisenberg wrote:

Vitale needs to stick to the ACC, since he drools over them constantly. Leave the Big Ten games to Dakich and Tirico who actually know something about the conference. I do like Tirico but I'd love it if they had Musberger and Dakich paired up. Although the greatest college hoops play by play guy is Gus Johnson.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • #1 goes into #4 and escapes with a WIN!!!! :D

The Hoosiers have definitely separated themselves from the rest of the top 5, imho!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    pureoc wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Vitale needs to stick to the ACC, since he drools over them constantly. Leave the Big Ten games to Dakich and Tirico who actually know something about the conference. I do like Tirico but I'd love it if they had Musberger and Dakich paired up. Although the greatest college hoops play by play guy is Gus Johnson.

I really like Dakich. he's very analytical and is into the game not all the vitale-like bs hyperbole. just calls a good game and has the guts to call out guys. Love Bo Ryan as a coach but love Dakich ripping him for not fouling with 3 fouls to give against Michigan 2 saturday's ago.
    pureoc wrote:
    the greatest college hoops play by play guy is Gus Johnson.

Abso-f#@kin' lutely!!!!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    :corn:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    :lol::lol::lol:

Muck you Fichigan
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Posts: 1,602
    Time for the Big Ten tournament! I think the draw for my Iowa Hawkeyes is pretty good and they probably need to win 2 to get back on the bubble.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Tom Crean is married to a Harbaugh sister ... good god, can you imagine the intensity of a Trivial Pursuit game at their family Thanksgiving get togethers???

Stay classy, angry Tom Arnold ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDnJ6zjmcw

h3E2F3D56
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Nice to see Bo Ryan get coach of the year. Again, no one does more with less. Congrats Bo.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Is Barkley drunk? He just said the Pac 12 and the Mountain West are better than Big Ten this year.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Is Barkley drunk? He just said the Pac 12 and the Mountain West are better than Big Ten this year.
    He needs to stick to covering the NBA, but he's not much worse than any of the other idiots making statements and predictions today.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Buckeyes

:wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Was at Mackey yesterday watching the Boilers completely destroy IU. Good times! :D

The older I get the more I appreciate that arena. Not a bad seat in the joint.
    BOOYAH!!!

Guess we aren't getting those weekly power rankings
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Speaking of arena design (from a year ago), Assembly Hall in Boomington, Indiana was designed by retarded architects drunk on pruno.

Outside of Vanderbelt's god-knows-what-they-were-thinking arena, I find it hard pressed to find a more poorly designed arena for spectators. Those poor fuckers in the nose bleed section are just watching a bunch of ants running around. Yet they have like 15 rows behind the baskets. Get the collection can hat out to the boosters and burn that fucker down, IU.

Let's hold off on the weekly power rankings until my Hawkeyes get back to winning a few games in a row!
    In no faith
    jeff2040 said:

Let's hold off on the weekly power rankings until my Hawkeyes get back to winning a few games in a row!
    Ever try and follow Penn State hoops? :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

jeff2040 said:

That's pretty rough! They have had some good players come through the program, I remember Calvin Booth being pretty good a while back. Their coach seems to have them heading in the right direction so they might be able to make some noise in the coming years.
    In no faith
    jeff2040 said:

jeff2040 said:

That's pretty rough! They have had some good players come through the program, I remember Calvin Booth being pretty good a while back. Their coach seems to have them heading in the right direction so they might be able to make some noise in the coming years.
    Can't play a full 40 minutes. They seem to hang with everyone in conference, for the most part. Just can't get a string of wins.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

jeff2040 said:

jeff2040 said:

Can't play a full 40 minutes. They seem to hang with everyone in conference, for the most part. Just can't get a string of wins.
    Yeah. Kinda crazy how they can't get that program off the ground. They built that new arena, but have to doctor the lighting so that people watching on TV can't see the empty seats beyond row 12. I think your hockey program attracts more fans.

How in the hell does a university the size of Penn State not be able to field a competent basketball team as far back as I can remember>
    Jason P said:

jeff2040 said:

jeff2040 said:

Yeah. Kinda crazy how they can't get that program off the ground. They built that new arena, but have to doctor the lighting so that people watching on TV can't see the empty seats beyond row 12. I think your hockey program attracts more fans.

How in the hell does a university the size of Penn State not be able to field a competent basketball team as far back as I can remember>
    Everyone says the hockey team and B-ball team should switch arenas. Hockey is standing room every game. They built the Bryce Jordan Center and didn't add an ice maker because they thought hockey wouldn't catch on. Oooops. Place is a cavern for hoops. They should play some of the bigger games in old Rec Hall and bring the crowd back in for some home court advantage
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Tourney time
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Hopefully my Hawkeyes can make a run in the tournament!
    In no faith
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,899
    I'm a buckeye fan but I'm afraid there's really only two teams of consequence in the big ten....and one is part of 11 through 14.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Today is the start of an 11 game run for PSU. National title, baby.

PS - man this is good smoke
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Tried like hell to blow that 16 point lead.
    jeff2040 said:

Hopefully my Hawkeyes can make a run in the tournament!

See you tomorrow
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Give em hell from the newcomers to the BIG10....,,GO TERPS

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,899
    g under p said:

Give em hell from the newcomers to the BIG10....,,GO TERPS

Peace

are they Big #11, 12, 13 or 14?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11