edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/wh ... ated-foods

for me, Lima Beans are fracking gross.

what foods do you hate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    edited January 2013
    The inedibles for me (excluding exotic foods)

1. Anything that comes from the water
    2. Olives
    3. Garbanzo Beans (i do like hummus)
    4. Old Bay seasoning
    5. Cauliflouer (sp)
    6. Certain beans not a participant in a bigger show such as chili or tacos.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I see a lot of top chefs talk about how great it is but uni(sea urchin roe) is one of the worst things I've ever tasted. I've tried it twice to confirm my opinion.
    Uni.jpg
    #FHP
  • Cauliflower

Just horrible...

I do like most of those foods on that list.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Smelt - at least from a smelt fry. They taste great with beer ... but the havoc the create on you insides over the next several days is not worth it.
  • Lentils...

and i agree

Cauliflower...its the worst shit ever...only with the smell i puke
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    seafood
    avocados
    peppers
    onions
    I lost a bet...
  • Brussel Sprouts
    Gefilte fish
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    That crap ass sauerkraut and meat my wife makes on New Years day. It's the one day of the year I hate her cooking.
    My butt itches!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Tomatoes
    Cilantro
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Brussel Sprouts
    Gefilte fish

i disagree. with a little horseradish, it's a fine dish :lol:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    DURP wrote:
    That crap ass sauerkraut and meat my wife makes on New Years day. It's the one day of the year I hate her cooking.

sauerkraut is the ABSOLUTE worst!! :sick:
    DURP wrote:

Ugh it's nasty. Since I was sick she did make me some soup but the smell in the house did not help. I hid out in the bedroom all day. Watching football on my non hd tv which sucked but i slept most of the day anyway.
    My butt itches!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    The fuck?

Sauerkraut is amazing
    For all us military people

MRE's

If you consider that food.
    My butt itches!
    The fuck?

Sauerkraut is amazing

I really like Cauliflower but i seem to be in the minority. I prefer to eat it raw with some veggie dip. Great snack and keeps my chips intake down.
    My butt itches!
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    DURP wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Ugh it's nasty. Since I was sick she did make me some soup but the smell in the house did not help. I hid out in the bedroom all day. Watching football on my non hd tv which sucked but i slept most of the day anyway.

Well that was awfully nice of her to do. Minus the fact that she was cooking sauerkraut
  • jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    Any kind of olives...

blah.
    It's her New Year tradition. Her mom did it every year so now she does it. The last couple of years she would make it and take it to her mom's and they would enjoy it. Now she want's me to eat it and it just won't happen. My mom would get mad at me as a kid cause i wouldn't eat it. I would make a sandwhich or something. I remember one year my dad beat my ass cause i refused to eat the sauerkraut. That's how much i don't like it i took a ass kicking from my dad instead of forcing that crap down my throat.
    My butt itches!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    some good choices

cauliflower

garbanzos

uni

avo-fucking-cado

and, altho I'm not sure exactly what I was being fed, I about puked at a jewish seder. :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Mushrooms are my biggest no-no. Also don't like salmon, though I eat pretty much every other fish/seafood. Liverwurst is nasty. Oh, and cheesecake. Ick.

Then there are plenty of foods I'll never try like liver, tongue, snails, head cheese, etc.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Weird. I actually like 8 of those items
    Mushrooms are my biggest no-no. Also don't like salmon, though I eat pretty much every other fish/seafood. Liverwurst is nasty. Oh, and cheesecake. Ick.

Then there are plenty of foods I'll never try like liver, tongue, snails, head cheese, etc.

in my experience people that hate mushrooms seems to automatically hate seafood

:think:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Weird. I actually like 8 of those items

lloyd, same here...i like most of those foods on the list

No cheesecake?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Anything that swims is automatically out of my diet. :sick::sick::sick:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

No calamari?

Maybe a little octopus?

How about some clams?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:

No calamari?

Maybe a little octopus?

How about some clams?

NO
    NO
    NO

BLECH!!! :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh thank God! I swim.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Mamasan23 wrote:

NO
    NO
    NO

BLECH!!! :nono:

Clams are awesome... salty wads of greatness... little butter on 'em... chyeahh

Funny story about tongue.

While deployed to Nicaragua a boy came by the job site the Engineers were working ( we were security for them) and was selling food. It looked like a burrito so "Goldberg" and I bought one. Three months of MRE meals was getting old. So I unwrapped it and took a big bite well it was gross. Then i look at it and there is a big ol tongue looking right at me. It had little hairs on it. I screamed what the fuck and threw it at the bulldozer that was passing by. Goldberg threw his down and started screaming all kinds of obsenities. We didn't buy shit from people since. I can still see that pale tongue with little whiskers on it to this day. It's funny now but then I wasn't happy.
    My butt itches!