******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    rssesq said:

As a Cowboy fan I'm figuring if we can just go 4 & 4 over the next coupla months, WE WIN THIS SAD DIVISION. Whodathunk Washington (without their highest paid player starting)would be the only comp.

If they go 4-4, they'd be in great shape. I'll take the under on that though. Atlanta's better...Saints will be desperate at home...Pats...at Giants...Squawks...Eagles rematch and then the Bucs and Phins. That's kind of a tough stretch with Brandon Weedon under center--or Ponder or whoever they bring in.
    www.myspace.com
    rssesq said:

As a Cowboy fan I'm figuring if we can just go 4 & 4 over the next coupla months, WE WIN THIS SAD DIVISION. Whodathunk Washington (without their highest paid player starting)would be the only comp.

Tough stretch...4 wins would be great for them
    www.myspace.com
    http://igglesblitz.com/
    Context

The Eagles are 0-2. They look like one of the worst teams in the league. Chip Kelly should be fired. All the players should be cut or traded. Nuclear missiles should be fired at the NovaCare Complex just to be safe. According to the CDC, bad football can be highly contagious. And then…only then…can we start to have a reasonable discussion about this team.

At least that’s about the way things feel.

Football season is a marathon, not a sprint. I knew there would be some bumps in the road. I just figured they would be potholes and not the friggin Marianas Trench.

The Eagles are a mess right now. No one disputes that. Sam Bradford hasn’t been close to the answer. If only this team had a true franchise QB…someone like Andrew Luck. What’s that you say? He’s 0-2 and has led his team to even fewer points than Bradford. Wow.

Or maybe this is all Chippah. Imagine if the Eagles had a true NFL coach, one who knew how to win big games, even in the postseason, and who ran a real, complex NFL offense. How awesome would it be to have Sean Payton running this show? What’s that you say? The Saints are 0-2 and haven’t even scored 20 points in a game. Wow.

Imagine if the Eagles were proven winners like the Seahawks. What’s that you say? They’re 0-2 and…

Okay, enough of that.

The point is that the Eagles are a bad team, but there are no magic formulas in the NFL. I am truly shocked that the Saints are so bad even with Sean Payton and Drew Brees still in place. I thought they would beat the Cardinals in the opener and then expected them to wipe the field with the Bucs. And yet here they are in the same boat as the Eagles.

People want to say that the NFL has figured out Chip Kelly’s offense. The Eagles still scored 24 points and gained 399 yards in the opener.

Back in 2003 the Eagles started 0-2. The offense produced 513 yards and 10 points in those games. People wanted Andy Reid fired. They wanted Donovan McNabb benched. I remember one fan’s plan to get a 1st round pick for McNabb and then go draft RB Steven Jackson so the team could be built around a great RB, they way it should be.

Reid and McNabb combined to go 25-3 over the next 28 regular season games. No one had figured out Reid’s offense. McNabb hadn’t been exposed as overrated. There were a variety of reasons for the bad start. Over time the problems got solved.

I would love to tell you the current Eagles will do that, but I have no idea. This team is new. And every team is essentially a chemistry experiment. You remove James Thrash and add Terrell Owens, boom you suddenly have a much more explosive offense. But then you let Owens hire Drew Rosenhaus and that causes the team to explode.

Let’s talk about Chip’s offense. He ran a dynamic attack at Oregon. There were some smart coaches in the Pac-12 and they came up with wrinkles to handle his attack. Chip always adjusted on the fly and kept his offense going up and down the field.

I’m currently reading a book on the history of Joe Gibbs and his time with the Skins. Gibbs was labeled an offensive genius after Washington set the NFL record for points in a season (541) in 1983. In 1985 the Skins finished 20th in scoring. Joe Theismann really struggled and age finally caught up to John Riggins. The media focused on Gibbs and how the rest of the NFL had figured him out.

Over the next six years, the Skins never finished outside the Top 10 in points or yards. They won a pair of Super Bowls. They did it with different QBs and RBs. No one figured Gibbs out. The 1985 team didn’t play well. They didn’t execute well. Great ideas mean nothing without proper execution.

Brian Billick looked like a genius when he ran the Vikings offense in 1998 and they smashed the Skins record for points. Then Billick went to the Ravens and they struggled to score points for his entire time as coach. His playbook was still massive and full of great ideas. The Ravens never could find the right QB or combination of players to make those plays work consistently.

Chip Kelly has not done a great job to start the 2015 season. I think he can be part of the solution, though. He has a terrific offensive mind. He has some talented pieces. Kelly must get the line to block better and then he needs to figure out how to use this group of players.

Right now the chemistry experiment is failing. That doesn’t mean that he is missing ingredients. Kelly just has to figure out how to mix them to get good results.

If November rolls around and this team is still struggling to move the ball, then we know there is a fatal flaw in this experiment. At that point, something has to change. I think more consistent blocking and fewer dropped passes would be a huge help to this offense.

Those are the kinds of issues that hurt all offenses (see the Saints and Colts for example). But these issues are front and center to the Eagles slow start. That makes them Chip Kelly’s problem and he better find a way to get them fixed. And fast
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

http://igglesblitz.com/
    Context

The Eagles are 0-2. They look like one of the worst teams in the league. Chip Kelly should be fired. All the players should be cut or traded. Nuclear missiles should be fired at the NovaCare Complex just to be safe. According to the CDC, bad football can be highly contagious. And then…only then…can we start to have a reasonable discussion about this team.

At least that’s about the way things feel.

Football season is a marathon, not a sprint. I knew there would be some bumps in the road. I just figured they would be potholes and not the friggin Marianas Trench.

The Eagles are a mess right now. No one disputes that. Sam Bradford hasn’t been close to the answer. If only this team had a true franchise QB…someone like Andrew Luck. What’s that you say? He’s 0-2 and has led his team to even fewer points than Bradford. Wow.

Or maybe this is all Chippah. Imagine if the Eagles had a true NFL coach, one who knew how to win big games, even in the postseason, and who ran a real, complex NFL offense. How awesome would it be to have Sean Payton running this show? What’s that you say? The Saints are 0-2 and haven’t even scored 20 points in a game. Wow.

Imagine if the Eagles were proven winners like the Seahawks. What’s that you say? They’re 0-2 and…

Okay, enough of that.

The point is that the Eagles are a bad team, but there are no magic formulas in the NFL. I am truly shocked that the Saints are so bad even with Sean Payton and Drew Brees still in place. I thought they would beat the Cardinals in the opener and then expected them to wipe the field with the Bucs. And yet here they are in the same boat as the Eagles.

People want to say that the NFL has figured out Chip Kelly’s offense. The Eagles still scored 24 points and gained 399 yards in the opener.

Back in 2003 the Eagles started 0-2. The offense produced 513 yards and 10 points in those games. People wanted Andy Reid fired. They wanted Donovan McNabb benched. I remember one fan’s plan to get a 1st round pick for McNabb and then go draft RB Steven Jackson so the team could be built around a great RB, they way it should be.

Reid and McNabb combined to go 25-3 over the next 28 regular season games. No one had figured out Reid’s offense. McNabb hadn’t been exposed as overrated. There were a variety of reasons for the bad start. Over time the problems got solved.

I would love to tell you the current Eagles will do that, but I have no idea. This team is new. And every team is essentially a chemistry experiment. You remove James Thrash and add Terrell Owens, boom you suddenly have a much more explosive offense. But then you let Owens hire Drew Rosenhaus and that causes the team to explode.

Let’s talk about Chip’s offense. He ran a dynamic attack at Oregon. There were some smart coaches in the Pac-12 and they came up with wrinkles to handle his attack. Chip always adjusted on the fly and kept his offense going up and down the field.

I’m currently reading a book on the history of Joe Gibbs and his time with the Skins. Gibbs was labeled an offensive genius after Washington set the NFL record for points in a season (541) in 1983. In 1985 the Skins finished 20th in scoring. Joe Theismann really struggled and age finally caught up to John Riggins. The media focused on Gibbs and how the rest of the NFL had figured him out.

Over the next six years, the Skins never finished outside the Top 10 in points or yards. They won a pair of Super Bowls. They did it with different QBs and RBs. No one figured Gibbs out. The 1985 team didn’t play well. They didn’t execute well. Great ideas mean nothing without proper execution.

Brian Billick looked like a genius when he ran the Vikings offense in 1998 and they smashed the Skins record for points. Then Billick went to the Ravens and they struggled to score points for his entire time as coach. His playbook was still massive and full of great ideas. The Ravens never could find the right QB or combination of players to make those plays work consistently.

Chip Kelly has not done a great job to start the 2015 season. I think he can be part of the solution, though. He has a terrific offensive mind. He has some talented pieces. Kelly must get the line to block better and then he needs to figure out how to use this group of players.

Right now the chemistry experiment is failing. That doesn’t mean that he is missing ingredients. Kelly just has to figure out how to mix them to get good results.

If November rolls around and this team is still struggling to move the ball, then we know there is a fatal flaw in this experiment. At that point, something has to change. I think more consistent blocking and fewer dropped passes would be a huge help to this offense.

Those are the kinds of issues that hurt all offenses (see the Saints and Colts for example). But these issues are front and center to the Eagles slow start. That makes them Chip Kelly’s problem and he better find a way to get them fixed. And fast

if November rolls around and this team is still struggling to move the ball the season is over because they will be about 2 and 6.

are any of those teams he mentions 1-5 in their last 6 regular season games? that has to be concerning to even the most ardent Chip supporters.

one thing i've always been big on in the NFL is there are just times when teams are ready to lose a game and that is the Jets this week. I don't think the Jets are very good and I can't imagine them going to 3-0. Average to bad teams never start 3-0. It's just not likely...of course I liked the Eagles last week too so buyer beware.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I certainly hope the Eagles come around because I'm picking them this weekend.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

Peace

I like it! Gotta go with the desperate team....picking them as a suicide/survivor pick?
    www.myspace.com

g under p said:

Peace

I like it! Gotta go with the desperate team....picking them as a suicide/survivor pick?
    I'm in a confidence pool over on the RUSH board and I'm in second place by one. I did win week two though. It's one of the coolest set up one of the guys put together. It makes you really have to focus on which teach you think for sure will win on points and who will not.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited September 2015
    g under p said:

g under p said:

Peace

I'm in a confidence pool over on the RUSH board and I'm in second place by one. I did win week two though. It's one of the coolest set up one of the guys put together. It makes you really have to focus on which teach you think for sure will win on points and who will not.

Peace

Nice...the pot for my survivor pool at work is almost up to 15K now because so many people lost on the Saints and Colts last week and they all bought back in. Watch Seattle and the Pats lose this week and they all get tossed again. Haha
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

Eagles have won 9 straight games against The Jets

Should i sit Demarco Murray?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I read Murray hurt his hamstring in practise.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

I'm sure it will be a game time decision and what are your other options?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I'm sure it will be a game time decision and what are your other options?
    freeman (who i'm using in a flex position) and Herron
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Adjustments were made and this was a step in the right direction.

Game out of first.

Jordan Hicks makes plays.

BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    defense was great, Special teams was also good. They actually ran the ball well (w/out Murray?)

Should be at .500 next week.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Adjustments were made and this was a step in the right direction.

Game out of first.

Jordan Hicks makes plays.

BIRDS.

the only thing that mattered this week was getting a win. just needed a win to get it out of the way and release some of the pressure. Still some things to work on for sure but just good to win a game again. Cowboys in deep trouble with their schedule. they needed to win today. Weeden has now lost 10 straight starts in the NFL.
    needs to be said yet again----the eagles absolutely fleeced the saints in the sproles deal last year. hard to believe we got him for a 5th round pick. he has been fantastic.

yesterday's game, partly because of the punt return, kind of reminds me of that game against the giants in '03 when the eagles were 1-3 and playing like slop. that bwest return won the game and set them up on a long streak heading into the playoffs. hoping for something similar.

i had them at 2-1 at this point and 5-2 going into the bye against dallas.....i actually still think that's possible. i'll take 4-3 too.

BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    edited September 2015

defense was great, Special teams was also good. They actually ran the ball well (w/out Murray?)

Should be at .500 next week.

i love the defense. new guys making plays all over the place -- hicks, thurmond, rowe, and maxwell looked better too.

also you guys see herremans got benched? mathis has not played well either. o line looked better today.
    www.myspace.com
    Yay. Defense is solid. Bradford is 2 drops from having a huge day, Sproles & Mathews. Where are the other WR's? Really bad effort by Maxwell on a tackle late in the game.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Yay. Defense is solid. Bradford is 2 drops from having a huge day, Sproles & Mathews. Where are the other WR's? Really bad effort by Maxwell on a tackle late in the game.

yeah if sproles and matthews make those catches it def. would have been a blow out.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    losing parkey sucks
    www.myspace.com

losing parkey sucks

what happened to parkey?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

losing parkey sucks

what happened to parkey?
    saw, signed caleb sturgis to replace him
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Gardner on I/R as well.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Gardner on I/R as well.

i don't think the drop off from him to tobin is much at all.

are you at all concerned about peters? i feel like he's been getting beat off the line more than he ever has.
    www.myspace.com
    I guess a little and he seems to be limping off once a game. Sat out practice today.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    good to see the obsession continues. just can't let it go can ya? i guess with Chip not exactly lighting the world on fire at this point you gotta cling to something else.
    edited September 2015
    pjhawks said:

good to see the obsession continues. just can't let it go can ya? i guess with Chip not exactly lighting the world on fire at this point you gotta cling to something else.
    Figured it would get this exact kind of response from you!

Haha

So funny
    www.myspace.com