Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Newch91 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Look at the bright side the NFC east iappears to be so bad this year 8-8 might win the division, who knows maybe 7-9 ;).

correct. this division stinks, again. :lol:
    After two weeks, you're going to say the division stinks? Anything can happen.

mediocre at best. it really has not been a good division for years. do you see it taking 10 wins or more to win it? i think 9 will get it done. possibly 8.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    and we Play Denver next Sunday :fp:

3 AFC West games in a row? Well when we lose to Denver least it shouldn't affect our record too bad as long as we beat most of the NFC teams.

other than the broncos and packers games, they should at least have a shot in most of the other games. schedule isn't that bad, though it sucks being one of only 2 teams to have 3 games in a row on the road....plus this whole 3 games in 11 days. pretty tough way to start.

we knew this year was going to be rough though. gotta take our lumps...

yeah true. i think they can win maybe 8 games and be at least in playoff contention.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    least we're not the worst team in the division (Thank you Wahington and NY Giants :wave: ). Like i said unfortunately we got the Broncos next week :fp: After that the schedule doesn't look too bad for us.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    it is about time leonard weaver made a music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9drrNpjMKfY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Man the Eagles are gonna get chewed up and spit out next weekend.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

i'm wondering if there is a way for them to just not show up?

i remember a game in '98 when they lost in denver by like 30 points....hopefully this won't be that bad.

what do you think the line will be...13? 14?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

i remember a game in '98 when they lost in denver by like 30 points....hopefully this won't be that bad.

Lol, I think it'll be worse :lol:

Yeah at least 14, maybe 17. I'd take it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I just want a couple hard hits on Manning. Then he might start peeing himself in the pocket like he did in the playoffs v. Baltimore. Welker may get the playoff yips. Maybe the Eagles will Break Bad and give us a great lead in to the BB finale. I think I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204

I think you've got 2 choices defensively. go all out blitz everyone like Buddy Ryan used to do and hope you get to him before he can complete a pass...or rush almost no one and just dare them to run the ball on every play. personally i'd choose to dare them/let them run the ball on every down. playing regular defense with this crew I don't see how Denver doesn't get at least 40.

few interesting stats/notes I saw the other day about this Eagles team.
    1 - Last years team averaged more offensive plays per game than this team has so far in 3 games
    2 - The last two games the eagles have thrown the ball 59% and 65% of the time (don't exact quote me on those numbers doing it off the top of my head of what I read yesterday). of course as I predicted the media and fans have put that tired excuse of not running the ball enough away for this coach so far.
  • Options
    Fucking Manning has the balls to thank the NFL for giving the Eagles 12 days off while they're on a short week. Hey asshole, we played 3 games in 11 days. Fuck off choke artist.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Sorry, had to vent.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

I think you've got 2 choices defensively. go all out blitz everyone like Buddy Ryan used to do and hope you get to him before he can complete a pass...or rush almost no one and just dare them to run the ball on every play. personally i'd choose to dare them/let them run the ball on every down. playing regular defense with this crew I don't see how Denver doesn't get at least 40.

few interesting stats/notes I saw the other day about this Eagles team.
    1 - Last years team averaged more offensive plays per game than this team has so far in 3 games
    2 - The last two games the eagles have thrown the ball 59% and 65% of the time (don't exact quote me on those numbers doing it off the top of my head of what I read yesterday). of course as I predicted the media and fans have put that tired excuse of not running the ball enough away for this coach so far.

no everyone critisized the play calling, especially in the 2nd half, of that chargers game. media and fans alike. just scroll back a few pages in this thread. way overly heavy on the pass in that game.

but they ran it 46% of the time on thursday and 61% of the time against the redskins. so your second point, and prediction, does not make any sense what so ever. shady is average 20.6 carries per game. he's the best rb in the league this year, in my opinion. it is only 3 games but i'm not sure how anyone can watch this team and not realize how much more commited they are to the run than in years past.

at least clady is out. so maybe cole can get some pressure on peyton's blind side. and they are coming off a short week, with a national tv late game against dallas looming the following week. birds have a few extra days of prep. so maybe we catch them in as good a spot as possible....but it will be a blood bath. only chance is to try and outscore them. i'm saying 45-27. something like that. just want to fast forward to the bucs game. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    no everyone critisized the play calling, especially in the 2nd half, of that chargers game. media and fans alike. just scroll back a few pages in this thread. way overly heavy on the pass in that game.

but they ran it 46% of the time on thursday and 61% of the time against the redskins. so your second point, and prediction, does not make any sense what so ever. shady is average 20.6 carries per game. he's the best rb in the league this year, in my opinion. it is only 3 games but i'm not sure how anyone can watch this team and not realize how much more commited they are to the run than in years past.

at least clady is out. so maybe cole can get some pressure on peyton's blind side. and they are coming off a short week, with a national tv late game against dallas looming the following week. birds have a few extra days of prep. so maybe we catch them in as good a spot as possible....but it will be a blood bath. only chance is to try and outscore them. i'm saying 45-27. something like that. just want to fast forward to the bucs game. :lol:

i just went through the last 6 pages and only see one minor comment by you about the play calling so not sure where you are getting everyone was complaining about it. and i saw or heard very little from the media about it.
    don't you find it interesting that they averaged more plays per game last year than this year so far? that's shocking to me. Doubt that will hold up for the season, but it is interesting.

just saw that this over/under at 58.5 for the Broncos game is the highest in 9 years in the NFL. and i still think it's too low.

just hope the game is entertaining and the eagles offense puts up some numbers. if not it could get real ugly.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

i just went through the last 6 pages and only see one minor comment by you about the play calling so not sure where you are getting everyone was complaining about it. and i saw or heard very little from the media about it.
    don't you find it interesting that they averaged more plays per game last year than this year so far? that's shocking to me. Doubt that will hold up for the season, but it is interesting.

just saw that this over/under at 58.5 for the Broncos game is the highest in 9 years in the NFL. and i still think it's too low.

just hope the game is entertaining and the eagles offense puts up some numbers. if not it could get real ugly.

"minor" comment. haha...i called it "reid-ish" actually. i was at the game and can tell you everyone around me was complaining and comparing the pass happy offense to what we saw here in year's past. heard similiar complaints from a lot of other people and saw it on tv as well. play calling at the end of that game was atrocious. but it was a short week with andy and donovan coming home so the coverage quickly went to the next game. had it been a regular week, that's all we would have heard.

it's 3 games. i don't know. can't judge much of anything off of such a small amount of games. you do agree, now, that they are running the ball more though right? you agree that your 2nd point earlier was off base?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    All I know is that Andy would not have been handing off to Shady down by 14 in the 4th quarter. The Jury is still out on Chip and will be for a while.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

it's 3 games. i don't know. can't judge much of anything off of such a small amount of games. you do agree, now, that they are running the ball more though right? you agree that your 2nd point earlier was off base?

no. the numbers a bit skewed because of the big lead in the Washington game. last 2 games McCoy has 11 and 20 carries which averages to less than what he averaged per game last year. I would guess 31 carries in a game like the Washington game is a huge aberration and probably won't happen again.

3 games is a small sample size so we shall see how it plays out as we get further into the season. I suspect it will be close to last year though.

I think they are running it a lot more effectively not so much running it more.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

no. the numbers a bit skewed because of the big lead in the Washington game. last 2 games McCoy has 11 and 20 carries which averages to less than what he averaged per game last year. I would guess 31 carries in a game like the Washington game is a huge aberration and probably won't happen again.

3 games is a small sample size so we shall see how it plays out as we get further into the season. I suspect it will be close to last year though.

What? Now you're giving me the sample size argument? You are the one who brought this up. Hahaha.

McCoy had about a hundred yards at halftime of the Skins game dude. Their lead was built off of him. You never cease to amaze...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

What? Now you're giving me the sample size argument? You are the one who brought this up. Hahaha.

McCoy had about a hundred yards at halftime of the Skins game dude. Their lead was built off of him. You never cease to amaze...

what do you think is a bigger aberration, 31 carries in one game for McCoy or an average of 15.5 over the last 2 games?

i'm guessing it's going to be a hell of a lot closer to 15.5 for those2 games (or 16.6 that he averaged last year) per game than 31 at the end of the season.

and i did say they were running it more effectively.
  • Options
    11 against the Chargers is the bigger aberration considering they won the Skins game and built that huge lead while riding his coattails. It's funny that you just want to ignore that one. We have 3 games played. One with a huge amount of runs. One with a small amount of runs. And one just right at 20. Right around 20 with the other backs getting around 5-7 is about right for this team. Lord knows you don't want Vick throwing the ball 40 times a game. Andy Reid already proved that does not work.

You gotta put the ball in the hands of your best players. McCoy is this teams best player and one of, if not, the best back in the league. This isn't rocket science.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    11 against the Chargers is the bigger aberration considering they won the Skins game and built that huge lead while riding his coattails. It's funny that you just want to ignore that one. We have 3 games played. One with a huge amount of runs. One with a small amount of runs. And one just right at 20. Right around 20 with the other backs getting around 5-7 is about right for this team. Lord knows you don't want Vick throwing the ball 40 times a game. Andy Reid already proved that does not work.

You gotta put the ball in the hands of your best players. McCoy is this teams best player and one of, if not, the best back in the league. This isn't rocket science.

well he averaged 16.6 carries last year. even 20 is not even one more per quarter. is that really a big enough difference to say this team is relying on the run a lot more? one play per quarter is not a difference to me.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    All I know is that Andy would not have been handing off to Shady down by 14 in the 4th quarter. The Jury is still out on Chip and will be for a while.
    Reid was handing off to Shady when they were down even more. Last yr in the 4th down more with under 3 minutes to go. That's the game Shady got his concussion.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

well he averaged 16.6 carries last year. even 20 is not even one more per quarter. is that really a big enough difference to say this team is relying on the run a lot more? one play per quarter is not a difference to me.

i'm assuming you watched the skins game but it really feels like you didn't. earlier you said that game shouldn't count as far as rushing stats are concerned because they had such a big lead in the first half--implying this was because they threw it all half. i just can't fathom how someone who saw that game can come away with that impression. here is what actually happened (not including qb runs):

1st drive - 4 carries, 6 passes
    2nd drive - 4 carries (2 mccoy, 2 brown), 4 passes
    3rd drive- 1 play, 1 pass, td
    4th drive - 3 carrries, 2 passes
    5th drive- 2 carries, 4 passes

13 carries and 17 passes in the first half--great balance, huge lead, and their only win of the season. this offense is different than what we've had here in the past. it is predicated on the run despite what you want to try and believe. it is about running the football all game long, not only when you build up a big lead like andy reid always did.

yards per carry under reid is such a misleading stat because after 2003 he would always always always, no matter who he was playing, no matter what type of schemes the defense would show, no matter who his qb was and how he was performing, would spend the first half airing it out to try and build a lead with few exceptions. usually the bulk of mccoy's runs were gained late in the game to preserve a lead. you've acknowledged this in the past.

4 - 5 more carries per game is over 70 carries per year and around 400 additional yards per year. these are not insignificant numbers. being able to establish the run game and determine the flow of the game means a lot to an offense--especially the o line. o linemen always talk about being able to get into a rhythm when they are moving forward instead of dropping back to pass for most of the game.

mccoy got 20 carries or more 3 times last year--the only 3 wins this team had.
    they were 4-1 when he got 20 or more carries in 2011.
    reid only gave it to him 20 or more times once in 2010 and they won that game.
    and they were 2-0 when he got 20 or more in his rookie year
    so 10-2 overall when he's gotten 20 or more carries.....if you combine that with vick's awful record when attempting more than 35 passes a game....well, i don't understand how this is so hard for you to understand. i really don't. the numbers do not lie. putting the ball in the hands of your best players will give you your best chance of winning.

finally, yes it's only been 3 games but you're the one who decided to bring this up now so i will tell you that including brown and not including vick's runs, they are running it 45% of the time so far this year...last year, not including qb runs, they ran it 35% of the time. again, the numbers don't lie. i don't know how else to explain this to you man.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Reid was handing off to Shady when they were down even more. Last yr in the 4th down more with under 3 minutes to go. That's the game Shady got his concussion.

Like I said, 14 points wasn't a big enough deficit for Reid to stop running. :D

How could I forget that game?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    i'm assuming you watched the skins game but it really feels like you didn't. earlier you said that game shouldn't count as far as rushing stats are concerned because they had such a big lead in the first half--implying this was because they threw it all half. i just can't fathom how someone who saw that game can come away with that impression. here is what actually happened (not including qb runs):

13 carries and 17 passes in the first half--great balance, huge lead, and their only win of the season. this offense is different than what we've had here in the past. it is predicated on the run despite what you want to try and believe. it is about running the football all game long, not only when you build up a big lead like andy reid always did.

yards per carry under reid is such a misleading stat because after 2003 he would always always always, no matter who he was playing, no matter what type of schemes the defense would show, no matter who his qb was and how he was performing, would spend the first half airing it out to try and build a lead with few exceptions. usually the bulk of mccoy's runs were gained late in the game to preserve a lead. you've acknowledged this in the past.

4 - 5 more carries per game is over 70 carries per year and around 400 additional yards per year. these are not insignificant numbers. being able to establish the run game and determine the flow of the game means a lot to an offense--especially the o line. o linemen always talk about being able to get into a rhythm when they are moving forward instead of dropping back to pass for most of the game.

so 10-2 overall when he's gotten 20 or more carries.....if you combine that with vick's awful record when attempting more than 35 passes a game....well, i don't understand how this is so hard for you to understand. i really don't. the numbers do not lie. putting the ball in the hands of your best players will give you your best chance of winning.

finally, yes it's only been 3 games but you're the one who decided to bring this up now so i will tell you that including brown and not including vick's runs, they are running it 45% of the time so far this year...last year, not including qb runs, they ran it 35% of the time. again, the numbers don't lie. i don't know how else to explain this to you man.

well only 3 players averaged 20+ rushing attempts a game in 2012 so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say McCoy will not average 20 rushes per game this year. I think it's a safe bet that he won't.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

well only 3 players averaged 20+ rushing attempts a game in 2012 so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say McCoy will not average 20 rushes per game this year. I think it's a safe bet that he won't.

yeah 3 of the best backs in the league. ball-hands-best player. mccoy is the best right now. not much of a stretch, especially considering the kind of offense the eagles run now.

but to circle back to your original point: 45% to 35%. the media and fans have not put that "tired excuse of not running the ball enough away for this coach so far" because this coach's offense is predicated on a balanced offense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah 3 of the best backs in the league. ball-hands-best player. mccoy is the best right now. not much of a stretch, especially considering the kind of offense the eagles run now.

but to circle back to your original point: 45% to 35%. the media and fans have not put that "tired excuse of not running the ball enough away for this coach so far" because this coach's offense is predicated on a balanced offense.

ok we will see if he averages 20 rushes a game.

and actually the offense is predicated on pace, speed and running more plays. even chip himself has said he wants to run more plays as opposed to time of possession. not that it has happened over the 1st 3 games but that's the general philosophy right from the coaches mouth.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

ok we will see if he averages 20 rushes a game.

and actually the offense is predicated on pace, speed and running more plays. even chip himself has said he wants to run more plays as opposed to time of possession. not that it has happened over the 1st 3 games but that's the general philosophy right from the coaches mouth.

time of possession thing--i don't agree with. we'll see how that works out. i've always felt it is important.

he's had a balanced offense everywhere he's been. he has sound countless times that he wants to put the ball in the hands of his best players.

he knows he cannot win with mike vick throwing 65% of the time every game. andy reid showed us that did not work. if you think they can, then you have a lot more faith in vick than i do, and i like him more than most.

bottom line, your 2nd point was misguided.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    time of possession thing--i don't agree with. we'll see how that works out. i've always felt it is important.

he's had a balanced offense everywhere he's been. he has sound countless times that he wants to put the ball in the hands of his best players.

he knows he cannot win with mike vick throwing 65% of the time every game. andy reid showed us that did not work. if you think they can, then you have a lot more faith in vick than i do, and i like him more than most.

bottom line, your 2nd point was misguided.

the atrocious defense has more to do with losing last year and this year than the offense or vick. I don't think even you can dispute that.
  • Options
    I don't want Shady's carries to decrease but I also want to see him more in the passing game along with the TE's.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Either way it's not going to matter because by the time this team is contending all the tread on McCoy's tires are going to be gone.