Movies That Make You Shed a Tear

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I agree about Toy Story 3. And Up - I cried through that, too. It's funny, thinking about crying at cartoons.

Cinema Paradiso - the ending. If you haven't seen it, I don't want to give it away. But I remember crying out loud. Big tears.
  • Lexy wrote:
    Where The Wild Things Are. I was in buckets. I have no idea why. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FILM FOR LITTLE KIDS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I don't even know. I lost it though :lol:

Agreed! Cried oh so much!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Backdraft - "Who's your brother, Brian?"

Mr. Holland's Opus - Dreyfus's reaction whenever they invite him up to conduct gets me every time.

Slingblade

Can't think of any more at the moment.
    That's a big one for me. I love that movie.

The Music Never Stopped gets me as well.

Rudy will get me every time too. The scene when the other players bring their jerseys into the coaches office and lay them down on his desk.

I know there are others, but I can't think of any right now lol
  • LexyLexy Posts: 46
    Lexy wrote:
    Where The Wild Things Are. I was in buckets. I have no idea why. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FILM FOR LITTLE KIDS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I don't even know. I lost it though :lol:

Agreed! Cried oh so much!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! My sister thought I was nuts :lol:
  • Enkidu wrote:
    Cinema Paradiso - the ending. If you haven't seen it, I don't want to give it away. But I remember crying out loud. Big tears.

Certainly one of mine too. One of my favourite endings ever. Very subtle, very human.

To be honest it doesn't take much for me to shed a tear when it comes to movies. I'm just a big 'ol softey :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited January 2013
    Kramer vs. Kramer

The Champ

The Outsiders

Léon

Sweet November

City of Angels
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Big Fish... every time.
    Yes. me Too
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Field of Dreams
  • Regarding Field of Dreams, I just saw this on msn:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01 ... site?lite=

The "Field of Dreams," a nearly 200-acre parcel of Iowa land made famous in the 1989 Kevin Costner film of the same name, will live on and give young people a lesson in life.

An investment group led by Oak Lawn, Iowa-based couple Denise and Mark Stillman closed the deal last week after more than two and a half years.

Denise Stillman on Wednesday recalled the moment she told her husband they should buy the property.
    "[It was] over pizza by a swimming pool the night that he told me it was for sale. I said we should build a Cooperstown facility like that at the 'Field of Dreams' movie site," she recalled.

In the future, the site will be a sprawling complex built specifically for youth sports, including 24 baseball diamonds and 60 clubhouses.

"We're going to do things like build a summer camp where kids from the inner city came come to Iowa and learn about how to be a great human being through sports," she added.

There are some eerie coincidences between the film and the site's real-life purchase.
    "We've actually talked about the similarity between the movie and real life except the tables are turned in the genders. The wife is that one that's proverbially the crazy one," Stillman said with a laugh.

She said she knew convincing her husband wouldn't be difficult, recalling their early days together in college at Bradley University.

" came out on tape and we watched it in the dorm and he cried, so I thought he was pretty OK," she said.

Stillman also has the support of actor Kevin Costner. She said the star lauded her effort and thanked her for keeping the dream alive.

"He just chuckled and said, 'I'm so glad that someone is saving that. It's my favorite place on Earth,'" Stillman said.

The first phase of the $40 million project should be complete in the spring of 2014. Stillman said youth baseball teams from as far away as California and Florida are already signed up to compete in tournaments.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Longueuil wrote:
    Forest Gump, when he talks to Jenny under their tree

And when Forest meets his son and his first concern is, "But, is-- is he smart? or is he..."
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Terms of Endearment

Emma Horton: OK then, will you listen especially close?
    Tommy Horton: What?
    Emma Horton: Listen real hard?
    Tommy Horton: I said 'what'?
    Emma Horton: I know you like me. I know it. For the last year or two, you've been pretending like you hate me. I love you very much. I love you as much as I love anybody, as much as I love myself. And in a few years when I haven't been around to be on your tail about something or irritating you, you could... remember that time that I bought you the baseball glove when you thought we were too broke. You know? Or when I read you those stories? Or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn? Lots of things like that. And you're gonna realize that you love me. And maybe you're gonna feel badly, because you never told me. But don't - I know that you love me. So don't ever do that to yourself, all right.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    edited January 2013
    Yes, there are many. One that stands out is Seven Pounds. Literally sobbed in the theater like a blubbering idiot.

..oh, and Titanic gets me every time I see the scene where they're on the water and Rose realizes that Jack is dead.
    Post edited by EmBleve on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Brian's Song - all time tear jerker

We Bought a Zoo - one i've seen recently a few times. few scenes get to me.
    Rain Man

lots of sports movies have scenes that get me:
    the have a catch with dad scene in Field of Dreams gets me everytime
    Radio - highly underrated movie
    Remember the Titans - hospital scene
    Miracle - the telegram and the celebration scene
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    jamburger wrote:
    Longueuil wrote:
    Forest Gump, when he talks to Jenny under their tree

And when Forest meets his son and his first concern is, "But, is-- is he smart? or is he..."

Or when Bubba says «I want to go home». There is so many goods moments in that movie.

Other movie that make me shed a tear :
    - Finding Neverland : the last chat on the park bench between James (Johnny Deep) and Peter (Freedie Highmore) is so sad!
    - Mystic River : When Sean Penn is out of control because he want to know if they found his daughter.
  • Stand By Me, every damn time!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Field of Dreams

"Dad. You wanna have a catch?"

I went the longest time without seeing this movie. Holy crap the flood gates opened. My dad died when I was 21. so I told my son to never let me say no when he asks me that question.

Finding Nemo
    Toy Story 3
    Tangled
    Remember the Titans
    We are Marshall
    Polar Express
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Pay It Forward can be a tear jerker at times.
  • Apparently, Les Mis will make you cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKkg_0ryRQ

I like when the dad says that he has been to family funerals without crying like this. :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I see someone already mentioned " seven pounds" , I forgot about that one, watching it right now and having a few beers. Pretty sure where this is going.
    John Roach
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Brians Song
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    Almost Famous
    PJ20
    Shawshank Redemption
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Simon Birch
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Stand By Me, every damn time!
    And Lord of the Rings.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I don't remember crying because of a movie
  • I cried like a motherfucker watching Die Hard this afternoon.

The part where he runs on broken glass in bare feet

Dumb and dumber as well, when Harry and Lloyd get to Aspen on the mini bike. Heart wrenching
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    I cried like a motherfucker watching Die Hard this afternoon.

Dumb and dumber as well, when Harry and Lloyd get to Aspen on the mini bike. Heart wrenching

:lol: Yeah, that part when Lloyd swallowed a Junebug and says he's not hungry gets me every time
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • I cried like a motherfucker watching Die Hard this afternoon.

:lol: Yeah, that part when Lloyd swallowed a Junebug and says he's not hungry gets me every time

Yup......but seriously when the Gas man kills the bird and Harry and Lloyd give it to the blind kid, that is sad
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pitch perfect... its a breakfast club thing. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Family Stone
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    every time i see troy i cry, knowing i wasted $20 and 3 hours on that turd
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg