"Dad. You wanna have a catch?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Sweet Home Alabama

"why would you want to keep me?

so I can kiss you anytime I want"
  • I am Legend

When his German Shepard dies...I lose it!
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Field of Dreams

"Dad. You wanna have a catch?"

Ha, me and my gal were watching this over the break, and this exact scene got me ... got me BAD.

The other one that always gets me .... "Did I miss something little man?"

"... and God bless us, everyone!"

scrooged-dvdrip-avi_005302400.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • In The Name of The Father.
    If I didn't hate on Notre Dame football Rudy would have made me cry.
    Mmmm....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    The Green Mile, the scene of John Coffey's execution.

Forest Gump, when he talks to Jenny under their tree
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    edited January 2013
    Toy Story 3. When Andy gives away his toys at the end. I cried all the way home from the theater. :fp:
    Post edited by LloydXmas on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Big Fish... every time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Rudy :(
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale

more like ball like a baby
  • Field of Dreams
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i too am a sucker for field of dreams and big fish...

id have to stay the beginning of Up made weep like a little girl
  • LexyLexy Posts: 46
    Where The Wild Things Are. I was in buckets. I have no idea why. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FILM FOR LITTLE KIDS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I don't even know. I lost it though :lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke" especially the scene after he's eaten 50 eggs, he looks like Jesus on the cross.

Recently...."Parental Guidance" for some odd reason I couldn't stop you know.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Titanic - when Rose dies in her bed an old lady and gets to meet up with Jack under the clock

You've Got Mail - Don't cry...shop girl

Finding Nemo = when he sinks to the bottom after saving the fish in the net....

Oh and I cry watching Under Cover Boss...the ends when the bosses are too nice I cry like a baby. I had to stop watching the show :oops:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Agree about " where the wild things are " saw it in theater, big tough guy crying over the monster on the beach.
    Also , " barney's version". Cried so hard I've sworn if I ever meet Paul giamante I am gonna kick him in the shin.
    John Roach
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Toy Story 3. When Andy gives away his toys at the end. I cried all the way home from the theater. :fp:

You are not alone!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    When I saw the title of this thread I was going to post "Field of Dreams." I was such a sucker the first time I saw it, I had no idea it was his father and I just bawled. Still do every time I see it - when Burt Lancaster appears to save the little girl... that kills me too. Hearing the music makes me cry. I'm such a baby.

Also - "Hey, Boo" at the end of "To Kill a Mockingbird."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Bridges of Madison Country (honestly makes me bawl like a little baby with an ear infection - it's really not cool)
    E.T.
    Braveheart
    Ghost (blubbering loser)
    .... There are tons more. I mean, fuck. I crying my eyes out when Tasha Yar died for god's sake, and cried pretty good at the last episode of The Wonder Years too. I will cry at the drop of a hat apparently! :lol: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    john roach wrote:
    Agree about " where the wild things are " saw it in theater, big tough guy crying over the monster on the beach.
    Also , " barney's version". Cried so hard I've sworn if I ever meet Paul giamante I am gonna kick him in the shin.
    I cried at Barney's Version too.... I thought I was the only person who saw that movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Several parts of God Will Hunting...especially this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw

I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember definitely crying in the theater during Life As A House...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    A.I.
    When he gets to spend one more day with his Mum.
    American Beauty
    Just before he dies and he's thinking of his family
    Never ending Story
    When Artex dies in the mud
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Me too on Toy Story 3, The Wonder Years, and Good Will Hunting.

I am not usually a crier -I didn't cry At Titanic - but A Lot Like Love gets me every time, when he shows up with the guitar.
    I win.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Backdraft - "Who's your brother, Brian?"

Mr. Holland's Opus - Dreyfus's reaction whenever they invite him up to conduct gets me every time.

Slingblade

Can't think of any more at the moment.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Definitely Life is Beautiful
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know all of them (I don't think there are THAT many, but I know there are some), but I remember what was probably the first. I saw Rocky IV with my dad and brothers when it came out, it was '85 so I was around 5 or so. When Apollo died I remember crying, and it was also the first time my macho side (at 5 no less) denied I was crying. My dad asked if I was OK, and I gave him the "allergies" excuse.

screenshot32606.jpg

RIP "Count Of Monte Fisto"

I still hate it when Carl Weathers dies in any movie. Rocky IV, Predator, Death Hunt, Happy Gilmore, etc. He's always dead meat, and he was a hero of mine as a kid.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Brooks in shawshank redemption.
    Braveheart
    .. Barney's version was tough
    Contact had a few emotional scenes
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The ending scene of Superbad always makes me shed a tear. When Seth "boops" on Evan's nose... :cry:
  • Longueuil wrote:
    Forest Gump, when he talks to Jenny under their tree

Yep.

And Rocky gets me every time; the speech at the end. "Yo Adrian, I did it!"
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    champ? wake up champ,
    wake up champ
    champ? wake up, wake up champ

:cry:
    oh gawd
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Oh man, have a few that I can think of off the top of my head:

"The Lion King" - after the stampede and Simba is trying to get Mufasa up. Gets me every time. :cry:

"Ladder 49" - Jack telling Mike that he loves his family and then the funeral scene.

"Monster's Inc." - the end where Sully has to say good bye to Boo.

"Toy Story 3" - I cried multiple times throughout that movie, especially the scenes where they were going down the furnace(?) and they all hold hands in unity as all the trash goes down. Obviously the ending, where Andy gives away his toys and playing with them with the little girl.

It's clear Disney knows how to make me cry.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful