Elementary School shooting, HORRIBLE

13»

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    One of our own lives in that community, please lend your support: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200800
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Posted this in amt but might as well post it here too...

Aside from 9/11, this may be the most sickening thing that has happened in this country in my life. How the fuck can someone look at a classroom full of 5 year olds and put a fucking bullet in their head. A grown fucking man walks into a school and shoots fucking kindergarteners. Fucking 5 year olds.

Ya, I keep asking myself that, too. who. the. fuck. does. that?!

And then I think about how much FUN 5 year olds are at Christmas time and how their parents have probably bought presents for them already. I think about the Christmas ornaments they have made at school...

what a lifetime of horrible grief for everyone. Christmas (and life) will never be the same. (where's the 'crying eyes out' smilie?)
  • a godless fallen society
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    nbc cutting to obama in place of sunday night football...
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I can't imagine giving that speech without losing it! :(
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    mca47 wrote:

anyone see the thing on FOX they had around 8? It looked like a service and prayers. Weird it was only on fox though :? I turned it on expecting to see the Simpsons but got that instead. Didn't watch it though. too depressing and couldn't understand what the person was saying. I think they were speaking in Hebrew?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    The stupidity of some in this country is appaling.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told Fox News Sunday that he believed more guns are the answer to violence in schools.

"I wish to god she had had an M4 in her office," he said of Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed in the shooting.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Heisenberg wrote:

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told Fox News Sunday that he believed more guns are the answer to violence in schools.

"I wish to god she had had an M4 in her office," he said of Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed in the shooting.

R-Texas, Fox News = Dumb and Dumber. It's bad enough there's morons with opinions like this, it's even more embarrassing someone with this view is able to get elected.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    mca47 wrote:

anyone see the thing on FOX they had around 8? It looked like a service and prayers. Weird it was only on fox though :? I turned it on expecting to see the Simpsons but got that instead. Didn't watch it though. too depressing and couldn't understand what the person was saying. I think they were speaking in Hebrew?

It was a prayer service organized by clergy in the community.

A lot of the major news networks (CNN, MSNBC, etc) aired it.

Obama (love him or hate him) gave a genuinely moving speech.
  • Watching the news and seeing the faces of all the beautiful children and adults, It's uncomprehensible that someone could do this. To now know that man had problems already and that his mother thought it would be a good idea to teach him how to use guns is unbelievable.

I woke up in the middle of the night, or more like jarred awake by thoughts of what happened. I can't imagine what their families are going through. We have to keep praying that the guns will be taken away.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I just can't shake certain images from my head:

Christmas presents that won't be opened by their recipients.

Unmade beds, messy rooms, half-drawn drawings.

Clothes in dressers or closets that will never be worn again.

Vacations that will never happen as planned. Photo shoots that have been cancelled.

Absolutely heartbreaking. I don't have any connection to Newtowne, CT. But I have been carrying a heavy heart since Friday. I feel their pain. I wish there was something I could do. :cry:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pureoc wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

R-Texas, Fox News = Dumb and Dumber. It's bad enough there's morons with opinions like this, it's even more embarrassing someone with this view is able to get elected.

why is it such "dumb, stupid, and moronic" idea? looks like a lot of schools are adopting it:
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/wak ... -re/nTYJy/

i realize it's not the popular opinion, but maybe just the thought of knowing there's an armed security guard will prevent something like this from happening in the future?
    www.myspace.com
  • pureoc wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

why is it such "dumb, stupid, and moronic" idea? looks like a lot of schools are adopting it:
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/wak ... -re/nTYJy/

i realize it's not the popular opinion, but maybe just the thought of knowing there's an armed security guard will prevent something like this from happening in the future?

I don't think it's rediculously dumb, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

Quoted from the end "The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 pistol from his truck and, spotting him near the parking lot, shouted for Woodham to stop. Woodham instead got into a his mother's car and tried to escape. Myrick, a US Army Reserve commander, detained Woodham until authorities arrived."[8][9]
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I came home from work today to find on my facebook page, A surveillance photo of a man, Police are looking for. He has been seen Three times at My Grandsons School. Once,He was in one of the classrooms while the students were in the Library. My Grandson is Three. And in Pre-School. He is in a class with 6 other Autistic Children. I'm concerned that the focus on Autism and the Shooter,Is going to be a detriment towards the Autistic Society. It's not because he was slightly autistic. He was fucking sick,and angry... My heart is heavy . My mind can't comprehend,and My sole is like all of you,tring to find the answers,which may never come. Thanks for listening. :|
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    there were 28 victims, don't forget