Elementary School shooting, HORRIBLE

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    pureoc wrote:
    How many more incidents will it take before we wake up as a country and get some laws in place regarding semi-automatic/assault weapons? These weapons serve one purpose, to kill as many people in as quick amount of time as possible. Nothing good comes from making these weapons easily available to a large amount of people. If you want to have a hunting riffle, fine, but no one needs a semi-automatic/assault weapon. If nothing changes we can expect more innocent people to die.

There are two sides to the gun control topic, but I don't want to turn this thread into a debate.

I'm not religious, but god bless those hurt by this madman.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Another family member found dead in a household in Newtown.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    CJMST3K wrote:

There are two sides to the gun control topic, but I don't want to turn this thread into a debate.

Exactly. And it doesn't help with the media who will now spend 5 or 6 days talking about this kid...talking to his friends....talking to his neighbors about what went wrong in his life. For people like this, they wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and the media gives him exactly what he wanted. Makes you wonder how many lost souls will watch this media coverage and say "That could be me. My life sucks and I'm doing that".

His name should never be released publicly let alone having a Presidential Press Conference now. :fp: . Let the fuck die as anonymously as he lived.

Fucking networks won't show some idiot running onto a baseball diamond or football field so they don't get the attention they crave but they will feed off of this sick fuck for the next week all at the same time encouraging other sick fucks to do the same.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    my heart goes out to those innocent children/ victims - :cry:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    On the same day that some whack job in China went on a stabbing spree against 22 children were injured...none killed thankfully.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

It's hard to wrap my mind around wanting to go out and killing/hurting anybody at all. But children? I guess it's a good thing we don't understand, that's not really the type of frame of mind I'd be interested in even visiting for a moment.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited December 2012
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    It just makes me completely sick to think a person could do this to young children (or anyone). Things like this were in my mind when we talked about having kids - I didn't want to bring kids into this kind of world. Breaks my heart for all of those people.
    I win.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Just terrible. I can't believe that someone conciously did something so horrible. Just when I think these shootings can't get any worse, this happens. I hope this is the end to things like this but the truth is, it won't be.

It's just hard to comprehend. My heart goes out to the innocent little kids and teachers who lost their lives and the heartbroken family members that have to bear the worst of this tragedy.

So sad.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    "And in this unstable arena, of what's left or become of my America...."

Truly another sad day involving young inocent souls....
  • This story broke shortly after I dropped my 9 year old nephew off at school. I cannot even begin to understand how something like this happens. :( :( It makes me wonder about the world we live in.

There are 2 sides to every story (re: gun control debate) but stories like this - i don't even know what to say:

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/201 ... /121214008
    Officials react to Michigan gun law as Connecticut faces mass school shooting
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • DS1119 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Exactly. And it doesn't help with the media who will now spend 5 or 6 days talking about this kid...talking to his friends....talking to his neighbors about what went wrong in his life. For people like this, they wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and the media gives him exactly what he wanted. Makes you wonder how many lost souls will watch this media coverage and say "That could be me. My life sucks and I'm doing that".

His name should never be released publicly let alone having a Presidential Press Conference now. :fp: . Let the fuck die as anonymously as he lived.

Fucking networks won't show some idiot running onto a baseball diamond or football field so they don't get the attention they crave but they will feed off of this sick fuck for the next week all at the same time encouraging other sick fucks to do the same.
    I agree DS. I wish he would remain completely anonymous. Don't give him the glory or attention he was likely seeking.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    This was such horrible news to hear! :shock: :cry:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I agree DS. I wish he would remain completely anonymous. Don't give him the glory or attention he was likely seeking.

Totally agree, but it's kind of a hard thing to enforce. You can't trust the media to police themselves. The 24 hour news cycle and competition among the cable news networks and the network news shows makes things way too competitive for networks to restrain themselves. They COULD, but then they'd risk being the one network who wasn't reporting on something, or have some other network bragging about reporting it first over them.

And of course if anybody starts telling the news what they can and can't report, then it becomes a freedom of speech issue or whatever. I think the media is broken far beyond the point of actually being able to show some restraint or dignity in situations like this. It's too competitive for anybody to play it cool. Plus you have all the reporters who for them this is their "big story" who would take it upon themselves to report things if the network weren't giving the order.

We're talking about an industry that still sends waves of reporters to stand on beaches getting blown completely horizontally whenever there's a hurricane, because I guess they think we're too stupid to know what a hurricane is.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Totally agree, but it's kind of a hard thing to enforce. You can't trust the media to police themselves. The 24 hour news cycle and competition among the cable news networks and the network news shows makes things way too competitive for networks to restrain themselves. They COULD, but then they'd risk being the one network who wasn't reporting on something, or have some other network bragging about reporting it first over them.

And of course if anybody starts telling the news what they can and can't report, then it becomes a freedom of speech issue or whatever. I think the media is broken far beyond the point of actually being able to show some restraint or dignity in situations like this. It's too competitive for anybody to play it cool. Plus you have all the reporters who for them this is their "big story" who would take it upon themselves to report things if the network weren't giving the order.

We're talking about an industry that still sends waves of reporters to stand on beaches getting blown completely horizontally whenever there's a hurricane, because I guess they think we're too stupid to know what a hurricane is.

I agree with what you say. That is the reality.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    This story broke shortly after I dropped my 9 year old nephew off at school. I cannot even begin to understand how something like this happens. :( :( It makes me wonder about the world we live in.

There are 2 sides to every story (re: gun control debate) but stories like this - i don't even know what to say:

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/201 ... /121214008
    Officials react to Michigan gun law as Connecticut faces mass school shooting

That's some f'd up shit! How the hell is that a good idea? The more guns, the more violence, that's basic math people. Sadly we will never completely get rid of these types of weapons but why the hell aren't we doing more to cut down or stop the production of these weapons and make it so it's not a wild west mentality where damn near anyone can purchase one. Day by day my faith in human kind and society keeps going down.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    I am absolutely sickened by this news. This is just so unbelievably sad. :cry::cry: My heart breaks for the innocent victims and their families, whose lives are now irreparably changed forever. :cry:
    I lost a bet...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    No words for this, no words at all. Just grief.

Heard a rumor about shutting off Christmas lights for the weekend, instead just putting candles in windows.

It' s like you so want to do something to share your sadness and in some tiny way let the families know we're heartbroken for them.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DS1119 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

This is true. And I understand the importance of dissecting and understanding the personal factors that may have contributed to this tragedy so we can better identify the signs in the future. I just wish he would stay as anonymous as possible. Don't use his name, don't show his picture on repeat Keep him as nameless as possible.

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    As someone who got my teaching number yesterday to teach primary children, I can not imagine what the community is going through...

terrible...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Please note: The above quote attributed to me was not from me. The quotes got switched at some point.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    I don't imagine a deeper grief than losing a child. And that way... i'm shock.

My heart goes out to the families and all the community.

Horrible new.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    wow, so close to home. This is unspeakable. I turned the news on after work and just cried. What an absolute tragedy.
    My friend works at Danbury Hospital and they were locked down today too. They saw a lot of horror and grief today.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • We must wake up, the time is now evil is now attacking our kids. Lord please show us another way, why so much silence when so much pain exists everyday. We must come together, lets not let this be just another Tragedy. The only way to do it is together, if it takes a village to raise 1 child then it's gonna take everything we have to save our children. Lets start having real conversation to make our world a better place. Lord my Prayer today is please help thru this Storm. Me and my family will be Praying for the entire Sandy Hook Elementary School, you're not alone.
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • This is horrible. It's unbelievable how anyone could kill someone let alone a child. I'm praying for those poor families. There's got to be a way to stop this insanity.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    i've been trained to deal with situations like this......words fail me. so unbelievably sad. :(
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Posted this in amt but might as well post it here too...

Aside from 9/11, this may be the most sickening thing that has happened in this country in my life. How the fuck can someone look at a classroom full of 5 year olds and put a fucking bullet in their head. A grown fucking man walks into a school and shoots fucking kindergarteners. Fucking 5 year olds.

This fucks body should be dumped on the side of the road
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    sad, still kinda in shock. Thought and prayers go out to everyone involved :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I am just still so shattered. I can't wrap my mind around this one. I've been working with trauma survivors for 16 years and have done psychological first aid and it always impacts me, but this...I just feel shattered by this...and I'm not even hearing about it directly, just news reports, etc. I can't even imagine what this must be like for the families and the first responders. Last time there was a massive shooting I engaged in some gun control threads on AMT. I don't think I have it in me right now. Shaking my head at the ones that are jumping to defend those rights before the dust has even settled. Sometimes you just have to feel before you think. I think I need to stay away from the news today.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    kind of agree with cliff in that this may be the most horrific thing that has happened in this country behind 9/11. i can't get the images of those poor kids out of my mind and i have been trying to avoid the news just because it is so upsetting. trying to avoid facebook too...amt as well.

my wife is an elementary school teacher for kids with emotional disorders and she was telling me about how they practice drills with the kids for this exact kind of thing. it blew my mind. i didn't know they did this. when i was a kid it was just fire drills. she said they tell them "it's just in case there is a bad person in the school that shouldn't be here..."

what a fucking world we live in.
    www.myspace.com
  • cant fit in my mind..so sad..so so horrible..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”