Nurse that was dupped kills herself ..

Comments

• The call was hardly innocent. They were fucking around with someone's career by making a call like that to a nurse of an important figure. What the fuck did they think would happen if they were successful? You think management might just shrug it off? You think it wouldn't harm her reputation in her profession?

Of course no one could foresee something like this would happen but don't try and sell me this was 'just a innocent prank'. How would you like it if someone pranked you at work and made you look like a fool? How could that damage your career or your standing in the eyes of colleagues? We are talking about a very serious proffession with a heavy emphasis on confidentiality. They are both pricks for even fucking around with something like this. It can be a stressful line of work as it is, doctors and nurses don't need to be burdened with this. I do agree there will be more in her personal life than what happened here but that still isn't the point. Loud obnoxious people being dicks and making good people feel small. Things like that can have a long standing affect on their lives.

Some people are just can't see past their own noses.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the difference is that this person gave up sensitive information to the world ... this wasn't a joke that everyone got a good laugh about it ... she had a duty to keeping her medical situation private ... she got tricked ... and not only did she get tricked ... she suffered the ridicule of being tricked by endless articles online, twitter comments and "in your face" attitudes ...

a similar situation would be a security guard letting someone he shouldn't into a building and then basically being tormented over it around the world ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    pjhawks wrote:
    if you are over the age of 20 and still find prank calls funny you are a tool and a loser. just my opinion.
    I've heard a few truly funny ones in adulthood.
    Either way, that's not the point, is it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    the difference is that this person gave up sensitive information to the world ... this wasn't a joke that everyone got a good laugh about it ... she had a duty to keeping her medical situation private ... she got tricked ... and not only did she get tricked ... she suffered the ridicule of being tricked by endless articles online, twitter comments and "in your face" attitudes ...

a similar situation would be a security guard letting someone he shouldn't into a building and then basically being tormented over it around the world ...

i thought i read that this chick just transferred the call to the ward....where someone else gave out the info.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    if you are over the age of 20 and still find prank calls funny you are a tool and a loser. just my opinion.

hi my name is 81, and i'm a tool

one of the stations around here (could be a syndicated program) calls up people and asks them stupid question after stupid question...i chuckle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjhawks wrote:

I agree. 81 have you found WIll yet?
    DS1119 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I agree. 81 have you found WIll yet?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    polaris_x wrote:

Exactly i work in a major trauma center here in NY and the number one thing they stress everysingle day is patient privacy , and that is what pushed her over the edge ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

one of the stations around here (could be a syndicated program) calls up people and asks them stupid question after stupid question...i chuckle

it's bully-like behavior. having fun at others expense just for kicks. there are enough things to do in this world without having to resort to grade school-level bs. again that's my opinion.
    polaris_x wrote:

Exactly i work in a major trauma center here in NY and the number one thing they stress everysingle day is patient privacy , and that is what pushed her over the edge ....
    Do you honestly believe that someone would kill themselves over something like that? If it hadn't been this, it would have been something else. The woman was clearly suicidal. That she got a prank call (in fact, transferred a prank call) is neither here nor there I think. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

it's bully-like behavior. having fun at others expense just for kicks. there are enough things to do in this world without having to resort to grade school-level bs. again that's my opinion.

this is not funny

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/fid ... script.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    edited December 2012
    Yes we are talking about a licensed profesional where something like this goes on your record even if she just transferred the call when they do an investigation of this matter in a hospital they get all the way to the bottom of it ..And she was at the bottom of it all ..By the way this nurse was considered an outstanding nurse she wasn't looked at as a fragile person at all ...
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Do you honestly believe that someone would kill themselves over something like that?

yes, I do.
    RKCNDY wrote:

You can definitely say that the woman took her work seriously. Maybe too seriously.

no, having worked in a medical setting for 5 years, there are those that are so compassionate about their work, who truly care about people. She was obviously very invested in her work, and loved helping people.

There are some patients that you 'connect' with, when you make a mistake, it is very hard to not take it personally. With all the privacy laws, and heightened security with the royal family; I think she was afraid of losing her job for giving out personal information. Possibly, she thought it was better if she ended her career herself than to be humiliated and terminated.

My heart goes out to her family, and the hearts of those that she touched. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    i thought i read that this chick just transferred the call to the ward....where someone else gave out the info.

if you listen to the call ... she totally believes (bad accent/imitation and all) that she was talking to the queen ...
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pjhawks wrote:
    i am over 40 & find them funny...so,at 18 they're funny but at 20 they're not? ridiculous
    you obviously have NO sense of humor...insert unfunny comebacks here__________________
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I love a good radio prank call in the morning. It's good to laugh early.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Do you honestly believe that someone would kill themselves over something like that? If it hadn't been this, it would have been something else. The woman was clearly suicidal. That she got a prank call (in fact, transferred a prank call) is neither here nor there I think. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else.

well .. we can't begin to know what she would or wouldn't have done ... all we do know is that a person's who job, along with many other duties, is to maintain confidentiality and privacy of her patients got tricked by a two DJs and not only gave up sensitive information ... she ultimately gave it to everyone in the world ... and to add to that ... she then was proceeded to be ridiculed and tormented over it for the next several days ...

some people are better at handling humiliation than others ... who are we to judge? ..

at the end of the day - this so called "prank" resulted in a person failing in her job and her responsibility ... and it was done for a laugh ...
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Ooohhh, poopy pants. There is nothing wrong with practical jokes. :roll: You are waaaaaaay too mature and serious. ;)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I would like to know more about her. I agree she was a caring person,
    already fragile.

In the US someone takes their life every 17 minutes
    more ...
    http://www.fiercegoodbye.com/?s=2
    so much to live for each and everyone...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    pjradio wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    i am over 40 & find them funny...so,at 18 they're funny but at 20 they're not? ridiculous
    you obviously have NO sense of humor...insert unfunny comebacks here__________________

you clearly miss the point. i don't find ridiculing strangers to their face, or over a phone call to be even remotely funny. it's cruel, tasteless and something you should grow out of as an adult. would you find it funny if someone did that to your child?

and there is plenty of comedy in the world that doesn't involve personally ridiculing a stragner. i laugh 10 times a day but i don't kicks out of putting others down. sorry if you don't approve.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

you clearly miss the point. i don't find ridiculing strangers to their face, or over a phone call to be even remotely funny. it's cruel, tasteless and something you should grow out of as an adult. would you find it funny if someone did that to your child?

and there is plenty of comedy in the world that doesn't involve personally ridiculing a stragner. i laugh 10 times a day but i don't kicks out of putting others down. sorry if you don't approve.
    You only laugh 10 times a day? :?
  • Can't believe some British people are blaming ''Australia" :roll:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Can't believe some British people are blaming ''Australia" :roll:

It's always their fault.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Can't believe some British people are blaming ''Australia" :roll:

It's always their fault.
    :lol::lol:
    My thoughts exactly :think:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • not always the right time for jokes....
    noone knows how someone will take a simple prank call.
    its always fun when the jokes happens to others and not to us..
    that end up to a tragic shit and no matters if the call was for fun...isnt funny anymore..
    someone is dead....

ofcourse there are people dont respect anything..we know that already..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    not always the right time for jokes....
    noone knows how someone will take a simple prank call.
    its always fun when the jokes happens to others and not to us..
    that end up to a tragic shit and no matters if the call was for fun...isnt funny anymore..
    someone is dead....

ofcourse there are people dont respect anything..we know that already..

Actually I disagree. I laugh harder when a practical joke is played on me then when I play one.
  • 81 wrote:
    ugh - i can't believe i just read all that ... it took me 30 minutes. My eyes hurt. I need a nap
  • This is huge news here at the moment.
    The 2 DJ's were interviewed by all commercial TV current affairs shows.
    The radio station is a joke, pathetic low life DJ's on that show, they should be shut down, too many controversial incidents.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014