Nurse that was dupped kills herself ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just read that.

You can definitely say that the woman took her work seriously. Maybe too seriously.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sad that someone would take their own life over a innocent prank.

for the record, i have no issue with the prank itself.

i'm betting there is more in her past than we have learned

condolances to her family
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    I don;t know how i feel about it part of me says those two radio personality's should be fired and if that was my daughter i'm suing the shit out of the Radio station the weird thing is that the nurse who gave out all the private info is not the one who killed herself ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    A few things...

There was obviously a lot more going on in her head than just that.

That said, incredibly sad.

As for the prank callers, eh, grow up. Not the end of the world, but just dumb.

People take that family WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too seriously
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's just baffling, i am baffled.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    she had to have more issues than this to off herself

the dj's have suspended themselves

this is sad all around...especially the part about anyone giving a rats ass about the royal family
  • The prank was stupid... but I have more of an issue with the tabloid media and the celebrity (and royal family) obsessed culture.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's a kin to bullying ... some kids survive it while others can't ... it is indeed tragic if she took her own life and it was the even partly as a result of this ...

as for the DJs - i really can't stand these asshole shock jocks ... no way in hell i listen to them ... i personally can't stand assholes ... so, it should not come as a surprise that I think that these DJs should be accountable in one form or another ...
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm thinking it's pure humiliation that drove her to kill herself, some people can not deal with it and realize that it will pass and people will forget

They take that royalty stuff over there very seriously

it's tragic
  • Wow. That is crazy. And very sad.

These people need to stop taking this royalty stuff so seriously.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

You can definitely say that the woman took her work seriously. Maybe too seriously.

no, having worked in a medical setting for 5 years, there are those that are so compassionate about their work, who truly care about people. She was obviously very invested in her work, and loved helping people.

There are some patients that you 'connect' with, when you make a mistake, it is very hard to not take it personally. With all the privacy laws, and heightened security with the royal family; I think she was afraid of losing her job for giving out personal information. Possibly, she thought it was better if she ended her career herself than to be humiliated and terminated.

My heart goes out to her family, and the hearts of those that she touched. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A couple of days ago these DJ's were celebrated through social channels for making a clever prank. Now the same social channels are calling for the DJ's heads.

:think:
  • polaris_x wrote:

as for the DJs - i really can't stand these asshole shock jocks ... no way in hell i listen to them ... i personally can't stand assholes ... so, it should not come as a surprise that I think that these DJs should be accountable in one form or another ...

Tell me about it, they are the lowest form of mankind.
    We have this jock here called Kyle Sandilands, a real tool.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    wow....

can't believe peope are jumping all over the DJ's for making a prank call.....

how many of you have ever made a prank call?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • it sucks that anyone would ever take their own life -- super sad.
    the dj's were just doing their jobs (even if it was a somewhat shameful job) and now they have to live with the idea that they may have caused a woman to kill herself.... that sucks too.

No way should a stupid phone prank ever lead to a suicide.

bad deal for everyone involved.
  • polaris_x wrote:

Tell me about it, they are the lowest form of mankind.
    We have this jock here called Kyle Sandilands, a real tool.
    wow ... seems a little strong
    i bet we could think of at least 100 lower forms of mankind if we tried.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    I love Shock Jocks...problem is, I'm seldom shocked anymore
    aqo2t.jpg
  • djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    I'm thinking it's pure humiliation that drove her to kill herself, some people can not deal with it and realize that it will pass and people will forget

They take that royalty stuff over there very seriously

it's tragic

I was going to say pretty much the same thing... This is next-level humiliation that none of us will likely feel ever in our lifetimes, especially since it has to deal with the royal family - that is something that is taken very seriously in their culture. We really have no idea how we would act following something like this. Big picture? Yeah, I think were I in that situation I could step back and say "Haha, good one, radio-station clowns! You got me!" and deal with any repercussions at work, but I'm not this nurse and I don't know anything about her history or how important this job was to her or if she was picked on in grammar school or what... It's really unfortunate because, yes, this was a prank and I doubt ANYONE thought the nurse would go to such an extreme... Good on the DJs for taking themselves off the air, I think they deserve just a tiny bit of blame in this situation, but I don't think it's entirely their fault for the death of this person.

It's really just a fucking shame that she took her own life at all.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
    81 wrote:
    wow....

So you see nothingwrong with what they did ok ..
    81 wrote:
    wow....

is there more to the story than them making a prank call? were they mean to her? am i missing somethign....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    Nobody could have foreseen this girl taking her own life over this...
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • 81 wrote:
    wow....

It's a prank call. You know how many of these are made everyday? Obviously, it ended in a very unfortunate event, but you can't place the blame squarely on the DJs. You think it was their intent for the nurse to go kill herself? Get off your high horse. But as usual in this society we live in now, the blame has to be placed on someone and I'm sure there will be a bunch of lawsuits and all that to come.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    It was a prank call, a pretty harmless one at that. Any adult that makes a living by prank calling someone just trying to do their job should probably reevaluate what they do for a living though. It's stupid and dumb and they should grow up, but they probably feel terrible and have to live with it.

Bet they will grow up and not make any more prank calls moving foward though.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited December 2012
    I don't understand why such a connection has been made between the prank and her killing herself. I mean, if that pushed her over the edge, so many other things would have as well. I think it's VERY unlikely that she wouldn't have killed herself if the prank call had never happened. It seems more like a coincidence than anything else. I feel bad for the radio guys; it's so not their fault - it was a pretty standard kind of radio prank (albeit stupid) - yet now their jobs are all fucked up, and I bet a lot of people are saying horrible shit to them, probably threatening them, etc. Obviously I feel much worse for the nurse and everyone who knew her, but the poor radio guys are catching shit, and are victims of circumstance, so I feel for them as well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    81 wrote:
    wow....

It's a prank call. You know how many of these are made everyday? Obviously, it ended in a very unfortunate event, but you can't place the blame squarely on the DJs. You think it was their intent for the nurse to go kill herself? Get off your high horse. But as usual in this society we live in now, the blame has to be placed on someone and I'm sure there will be a bunch of lawsuits and all that to come.

I'm not on a high horse wtf is that about , what is it with you guys from Chicago does everything have to be a joke go have some deeppan pizza you joker .. I was just asking 81 if he saw anything wrong with what they did ...obviuosly you don't .....
    just an fyi, it's deep dish, not pan. ;) had some last last night .....good stuff...

but anyways, no i don't have a problem with this prank call or prank calls in general. it wasn't done with malice.

even the queen was on the recieving end of a prank call some years back....and she handled it well

i am of the opionion that this nurse had a preexisting mental condition...... perhaps this pushed her over, perhaps it was just a coincidence that she was on the prank call, and she planned to kill herself regardless. i don't know, i have very limited information about her
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

• I'm not on a high horse wtf is that about , what is it with you guys from Chicago does everything have to be a joke go have some deeppan pizza you joker .. I was just asking 81 if he saw anything wrong with what they did ...obviuosly you don't .....

Deep dish pizza...that's a good one. Very original.

No, I don't see anything wrong with making a prank call. Like cliffy said above, if your job is to make prank calls, you should probably re-evaluate a few things. No one could ever have predicted this chick would go kill herself. It's an awful thing that happened, but for everyone to go jumping all over these DJs is a bit much.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    81 wrote:
    just an fyi, it's deep dish, not pan. ;) had some last last night .....good stuff...

but anyways, no i don't have a problem with this prank call or prank calls in general. it wasn't done with malice.

even the queen was on the recieving end of a prank call some years back....and she handled it well

i am of the opionion that this nurse had a preexisting mental condition...... perhaps this pushed her over, perhaps it was just a coincidence that she was on the prank call, and she planned to kill herself regardless. i don't know, i have very limited information about her

going with 81 on this...its a prank call ppl :roll:

Next story please
    aqo2t.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    if you are over the age of 20 and still find prank calls funny you are a tool and a loser. just my opinion.