How to Survive the Company Holiday Party

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm going to one this weekend, it's in ADDITION to the general one that will be held in January.

So, I guess going means that we are committed to playing whatever reindeer games they have planned, I am the +1, so I won't know anybody there.

According to previous attendees, the games are non-stop. It includes a White Elephant Gift exchange...I'm the DD so I can't drink... :|

HELP!

(oh, did I mention it will go on for 6 hours?)
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    6 hours?, i would just tell them straight up i really don't like you people that much
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hip_flask.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    skip it....homey don't do weekend work parties.....with out extra pay.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pretend your scottish ... you got a couple of days to perfect a female version of groundskeeper willy's accent ...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I bet you'll be the life of the party ...
    change a few lives while you're at it :D
    polaris_x wrote:
    pretend your scottish ... you got a couple of days to perfect a female version of groundskeeper willy's accent ...

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    skip it....homey don't do weekend work parties.....with out extra pay.

Yessss :lol:

tumblr_lyra1vVVYU1qi2b5no1_500.jpg
    throw in as many next tuesday's as humanly possible
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDY wrote:

You're fucked

Don't go

Tell 'em to get a cab
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NOT GO..SIMPLE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I would personally just get totally hammered, but that's my solution for everything!

You don't have to work with them...and if you make an ass out of yourself you won't be asked to go again :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I would personally just get totally hammered, but that's my solution for everything!

You don't have to work with them...and if you make an ass out of yourself you won't be asked to go again :mrgreen:

This!

Get royally fucked up, puke on someone's shoes, dance like a maniac (even if there's no music playing), smoke in front of people, take your shirt off, sweat a lot.

Have a blast!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
    djklambake wrote:
    take your shirt off and text 81 pix

best advice yet :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    djklambake wrote:
    dance like a maniac

tumblr_m2pqqeg2As1rtg76ko2_250.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Yeah I've done a couple of these. Just grin and bear it. It might be a little awkward but who gives a shit. They invited you there not the other way around.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    We skipped mine. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    mfc2006 wrote:

I wish I could skip mine. :( I tried getting out of it last year, and my boss basically told me no and that I have to be "part of the team."

So now in a couple weeks I'll have to endure bad jokes, awkward juvenile meet-and-greet games, and a Santa wearing a suit that looks as if it is 20 years old and hasn’t been washed in about as long.

All while sober. :evil:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I wish I could skip mine. :( I tried getting out of it last year, and my boss basically told me no and that I have to be "part of the team."

So now in a couple weeks I'll have to endure bad jokes, awkward juvenile meet-and-greet games, and a Santa wearing a suit that looks as if it is 20 years old and hasn’t been washed in about as long.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=200402#p4782972
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    If you see your boss flirting with an employee, make sure you can trust the person with whom you share the dirt!
    edited December 2012
    here is a sampling of the fun stuff tha twe are doing this year

 Gift basket raffle for charity
     Cookie exchange
     Hot chocolate bar (no booze)
     Trivia game
     Employee snackeon
     Red Sox Swap -
    o Announcing the inaugural Red Sox Swap! Our CEO came up with this one. Anyone who wants to participate brings in a gift (no more than $25) and wraps it without any labels. We draw numbers to see who goes first, and then have the option to “trade”.

 Santa Relay Race!

 Wear your Holiday Gear/Movie Day
    o Wear your favorite holiday gear – sweaters, slippers, hats, ties, pjs, etc. – please remember to keep it office appropriate.
    o On your lunch break, relax and enjoy a holiday movie being played in the Lower Level/Conference Rooms

i have a laptop so i may spend the entire day watching movies on the leather couches. :lol:

thankfully they did away with ugly sweater and kareokeeeeieieoee
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4782972

Need I remind you of what happens when I pack a flask?

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4577062

I need to keep my job! :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187005&hilit=brewers&start=480#p4577062

you just need a good sugar momma....

i might know one
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4577062

you just need a good sugar momma....

i might know one

You're just fishing for more cigars ... :fp: :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

You're fucked

yes, I know...
    NOT GO..SIMPLE

no can do...the party is at the house of a big wig. Only 'certain people' are invited. It's not 'the' company party.
    polaris_x wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALkCGVA2BU

since a certain smokeable product is now legal here, I wonder if they would me upset if I... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah I am the boss that gets shithoused at these events. I wait until the general party is over and then whoever makes the late night voyage to the after party gets to see the real fun. Just anticipating this is enough to get me through the party every year.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah I am the boss that gets shithoused at these events. I wait until the general party is over and then whoever makes the late night voyage to the after party gets to see the real fun. Just anticipating this is enough to get me through the party every year.

You hiring?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    RKCNDY wrote:
    since a certain smokeable product is now legal here, I wonder if they would me upset if I... :?
    Oh, yeah... today's the official day, isn't it?

and you say you're the designated driver. But do you HAVE TO be? I man, can you call a cab? Even if it's a long way away, it might be worth the investment.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JTH wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

and you say you're the designated driver. But do you HAVE TO be? I man, can you call a cab? Even if it's a long way away, it might be worth the investment.

:think: it would cost $100 one way...

I'm gonna find an ugly holiday sweater to wear! If it lights up...even better!

- Christopher McCandless
    Don't do ugly sweater..

All kidding aside, go in with a half dozen topics that do not include politics or god
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:think: it would cost $100 one way...

I'm gonna find an ugly holiday sweater to wear! If it lights up...even better!

Just drive high

Good times