KFC on a plane

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Japan Airlines to serve KFC on select flights

NEW YORK -- They're calling the flights "Air Kentucky Fried Chicken."

Japan Airlines says it's serving food from the fast-food chicken chain on international flights from Dec. 1 to Feb. 28. The meals will be served to fliers in premium economy and economy from Narita Airport near Tokyo to Boston, Chicago, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and San Diego.

The meals will consist of a drumstick and chicken breast in KFC's Original Recipe, as well as flatbread, coleslaw and lettuce. They will come in a specially made box featuring an image of Colonel Sanders. The airline notes KFC is "widely popular" in Japan, particularly during the Christmas season.

Japan Airlines has partnered with other chains for similar promotions. Earlier this year it partnered with the Japanese beef-bowl chain Yoshinoya Holdings.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the farts are gonna stink
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I was actually on a flight once where a big fat slob brought a bucket of chicken on the plane. He sat down in the middle seat and ate the entire bucket over the 1 hour flight. Nobody sat next to him!
    It smelled so bad too!
    Still not sure where he got that bucket of chicken as they don't sell that in airports. Must have brought it in with him. Can you imagine the TSA scanner guy....
    Suitcase, suitcase, laptop, shoes, suitcase, laptop, then a bunch of little bones! :lol:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am waiting for the White Castle/Busch Light flights.. P A R T Y !!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    mca47 wrote:
    I was actually on a flight once where a big fat slob brought a bucket of chicken on the plane. He sat down in the middle seat and ate the entire bucket over the 1 hour flight. Nobody sat next to him!
    It smelled so bad too!
    Still not sure where he got that bucket of chicken as they don't sell that in airports. Must have brought it in with him. Can you imagine the TSA scanner guy....
    Suitcase, suitcase, laptop, shoes, suitcase, laptop, then a bunch of little bones! :lol:

i thought this thread was going to be that thread.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    What's next? Taco Bell?
    They'd have to install a couple more bathrooms if they went that route! :lol:
    i wonder...are they installing fryers on the plane too?

i want it fresh damn it.

do you have to order in advance?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    when I flew to Alpine, someone brought on McDonalds. It was a red eye flight, I usually don't mind the french fry smell, but at that time of night... :sick: (the flight was packed too-they even asked people to give up their seats)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    i wonder...are they installing fryers on the plane too?

i want it fresh damn it.

do you have to order in advance?

Hahaha...hit a bit of turbulence and scalding oil flies around the cabin! :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :sick::sick::sick:

Those people that bring stinky food on planes are complete and total ratfucks. Get a muffin :roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    fondue would be nice
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Those people that bring stinky food on planes are complete and total ratfucks. Get a muffin :roll:
    Don't get me started on muffin people!
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Don't get me started on muffin top people!

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Don't get me started on muffin top people!

:P

:evil: Muffin top?!!! :nono: There is no top to my muffin!!!!!!

And what the hell is wrong with muffins anyway? No smell!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

crumbs everywhere...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

crumbs everywhere...

Well yeah I guess there is that :lol:
    this thread reminds me why flying sucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

and people wonder why i drove to missoula
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

exactly.

although.....maybe flying would have been better.

nah..who am i kidding....that was fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

exactly.

Everybody has a fun roadtrip story, but who ever has a fun flying story? Nobody. Except my dad, he's somehow managed to get free drinks on his last 2 flights.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Everybody has a fun roadtrip story, but who ever has a fun flying story? Nobody. Except my dad, he's somehow managed to get free drinks on his last 2 flights.

lets see........

hmm....

nope....just stories of wanting to slap people.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

exactly.

as exhausted as the drive made me, i'd drive again in a heartbeat...fuck flying and fuck people
    when I flew to NOLA, a bunch of people were wearing beads and feather boas...the captain came over the loud speaker and said, "there will be no flashing for beads".

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    as exhausted as the drive made me, i'd drive again in a heartbeat...fuck flying and fuck people

next time you need to get a co driver. makes sexting easier. :lol:

and make sure you do the early driving....so you can do the late drinking :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when I flew to NOLA, a bunch of people were wearing beads and feather boas...the captain came over the loud speaker and said, "there will be no flashing for beads".

party poooper

i think it was on our flight to san fran last year....

i reclined me seat, like i always do...and this douce spent an hour pushing forward on it with his knee's.

i of course pushed back....he lost.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i knew my flying days were over when about 8 years ago, sitting in my aisle seat waiting for everyone to board, the man standing in the aisle sneezed on me then continued to his seat

fuck people
    norm wrote:
    i knew my flying days were over when about 8 years ago, sitting in my aisle seat waiting for everyone to board, the man standing in the aisle sneezed on me then continued to his seat

fuck people

:lol:

are you a germaphobe? I would have thrown a fit.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

fuck people

:lol:

are you a germaphobe? I would have thrown a fit.

i'm not but i don't like to be showered with someone else's germs

i was in shock when it happened and frankly, what was there to do? yell at the guy? what would it accomplish? this is a person who has no compunction to sneeze on a complete stranger and not even realize it
    I actually like flying.
    Just don't like people.

As a weekly flyer, you do tend to get used to some stuff...then all of a sudden, after 1000 flights someone will do something completely crazy or completely maddening where I want to strangle them.

That said, I think after all these frequent flyer miles/points...I should be able to trade them in on my own plane. :D
    norm wrote:

fuck people

I AM a bit of a germ-o-phobe. Been sneezed on, been puked on, have had more drinks than I can count spilled on me, guy farted pretty much in my face...

But...I've met lots of interesting people! Lots of hot broads too! :thumbup:
    mca47 wrote:
    norm wrote:

fuck people

I AM a bit of a germ-o-phobe. Been sneezed on, been puked on, have had more drinks than I can count spilled on me, guy farted pretty much in my face...

But...I've met lots of interesting people! Lots of hot broads too! :thumbup:

yeah, but i hate people so.... ;):lol::lol: