2013 MLB HOF voting

13»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

yes they did. he was under suspicion for years. performing at such high levels even as he got older and older?

i agree about steroid use in football. i just don't think you can make a compelling argument about quarterbacks being included in that.

Sure you can. Do they help an athlete recover quicker? Yes. Stronger? Yes. Faster? Yes. No athlete is beyond the scope of suspicion for using PEDS. I seem to remember Donovan mcnabb adding serious bulk once he arrived to the nfl.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DS1119 wrote:

yes they did. he was under suspicion for years. performing at such high levels even as he got older and older?

i agree about steroid use in football. i just don't think you can make a compelling argument about quarterbacks being included in that.

Sure you can. Do they help an athlete recover quicker? Yes. Stronger? Yes. Faster? Yes. No athlete is beyond the scope of suspicion for using PEDS. I seem to remember Donovan mcnabb adding serious bulk once he arrived to the nfl.

mcnabb still has a lot of bulk...it's called fat. :lol: he's always been a big, strong guy. most people are still growing in their teen years anyway...99% of qb's are not built like him.

the point is, and i think your original point would have been better this way, is that most people think there is steroid use in football just because of how big the athletes are. that is the prevailing notion people have when thinking of this subject. they're not thinking about a quarterback, who is protected beyond belief as it is already, recovering faster.
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:

mcnabb still has a lot of bulk...it's called fat. :lol: he's always been a big, strong guy. most people are still growing in their teen years anyway...99% of qb's are not built like him.

the point is, and i think your original point would have been better this way, is that most people think there is steroid use in football just because of how big the athletes are. that is the prevailing notion people have when thinking of this subject. they're not thinking about a quarterback, who is protected beyond belief as it is already, recovering faster.

No. I think my post was pretty clear. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No. I think my post was pretty clear. :lol:

...well only if you can name one quarterback who throws the ball 80 yards on a consistent basis
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Couldn't Jarmarcus Russel throw some obscene distance from his knees?

...well only if you can name one quarterback who throws the ball 80 yards on a consistent basis

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 454AA6vxud
    DS1119 wrote:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 454AA6vxud

i guess it's worth pointing out that you are referring to anonymous people on the internet who go by "heil bush!" and big_john" here.

you can't name one because one doesn't exist.

instead of answers.yahoo, try ask.com next time. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

who knows?

his point, to me, was that he thought it was common place... when it is the exact opposite of common.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

who knows?

his point, to me, was that he thought it was common place... when it is the exact opposite of common.

I never said its common place...but apparently at the pro bowl every year it is.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

who knows?

I never said its common place...but apparently at the pro bowl every year it is.

you compared it to a 500 foot home run....which, now that i think of it, doesn't really happen much at all either

....so does that make this entire debate null and void? :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    I think it's bullshit nobody was voted in. I'm not a baseball fan I would rather watch high diving to be honest. But the MLB, owners, fans, MLBPA and writers all turned a blind eye during the long ball years. Come on we all knew it was going but nobody cared because asses were in the seats and money was coming in.

Now it's like well even though we all knew about it we're going to punish you. It's bullshit and complete hypocritical of writers. All these writers were praising Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Clemens etc, etc and now they want to play the high and mighty card and use terms like sanctity of the game or the honor of the hall of fame. Give me a fucking break. Nobody is innocent nobody we all looked the other way and enjoyed the home runs being bashed on a nightly basis.

Get off your high horse BBWA.
    My butt itches!
    instead of an asterisk, they should be allowed in with this next to their name:

bud-selig-210x210.jpg

just call it "The Selig Era" instead of "The Steroid Era."
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    instead of an asterisk, they should be allowed in with this next to their name:

bud-selig-210x210.jpg

just call it "The Selig Era" instead of "The Steroid Era."

:clap::clap::clap:

Are you REALLY sure about that? :lol:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=whats+the+furthest ... a+football
    DS1119 wrote:

bo jackson was the first thing that popped up for me. :lol:

i think i rest my case.
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:

bo jackson was the first thing that popped up for me. :lol:

i think i rest my case.

All you need to do is actually look at the articles that come up.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_l ... n_football

83 yards by Don Meredith in a game.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_f ... gh_the_air

There are a multitude of artciles showing this...so just come on. :fp:

Jeff George through a ball 88 yards at an NFL workout. :shock:
    don meredith clearly was on steroids.
    www.myspace.com

All you said is it hasn't been done. It's be done multiple times. Just found an article where elway through one 78 yards. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

All you said is it hasn't been done. It's be done multiple times. Just found an article where elway through one 78 yards. :lol:

john elway - STEROIDS! :x :x :x :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:

john elway - STEROIDS! :x :x :x :x :lol:

I'm not saying he did or didn't. I'm glad to know you have the 100% knowledge that he didn't though.