2013 MLB HOF voting

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    If a player's numbers dictate admission, put them in. So sick of the HOF trying to legislate morality. Put Pete Rose and Joe Jackson in the fucking place too. It's the Baseball Hall of Fame not admission into sainthood.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    If a player's numbers dictate admission, put them in. So sick of the HOF trying to legislate morality. Put Pete Rose and Joe Jackson in the fucking place too. It's the Baseball Hall of Fame not admission into sainthood.

Well Said DS
  • Biggio=steroids
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Biggio=steroids

Doesn't matter. Let him in.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Biggio=steroids

Steroids

Leave him out
    DS1119 wrote:
    Biggio=steroids

Steroids

Leave him out

Proof? And even if there is proof and there's not....why care? Already a lot of criminals and cheaters in the HOF.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Proof? And even if there is proof and there's not....why care? Already a lot of criminals and cheaters in the HOF.
    Why care?
    Well, you cant change the past, as far as who is in the Hall Of fame.
    But you can prevent the cheaters of the Steroid Era, from getting in to The Hall Of Fame.
    And anyone with common sense would have to be suspicious of Biggio.
  • Biggios 1st 5 years, he hits 31 Hr.
    The next 15 years, he hits 261 Hr.
    At the age of 39 he hits for a career high 26 Hr.

Steroids
  • I got Bonds, Clemens, Jack Morris, Bagwell, Piazza and Edgar Martinez if I was voting. Bonds and Clemens were Hall of Famers if their careers ended before they started putting steroids into the system. Morris gets in for being the winningest pitcher of the 1980s, Piazza gets in for being the greatest hitting catcher or one of them as does Bagwell and Martinez. Many Yankee fans will tell you on what Martinez did alone against them during his prime is worthy.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I wonder..and I'm being serious here...when Bonds gets voted in, maybe not this year who knows, not my point...couldn't you see Bonds not showing up for the HOF ceremony?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,770
    Biggios 1st 5 years, he hits 31 Hr.
    The next 15 years, he hits 261 Hr.
    At the age of 39 he hits for a career high 26 Hr.

Steroids

What about these players???

Marvin Benard
    Bobby Estalella
    Jeremy Giambi
    Armando Rios
    Randy Velarde
    Chad Allen
    Mike Bell
    Gary Bennet
    Larry Bigbie
    Mark Carreon
    Jason Christiansen
    Howie Clark
    Jack Cust
    Brendan Donnelly
    Chris Donnels
    Matt Franco
    Ryan Franklin
    Jason Grimsley
    Jerry Hairston Jr.
    Matt Herges
    Phil Hiatt

All of them were named in The Mitchell report. How many of them are HOF worthy?

This years vote should interesting. Bonds& Clemens should be locks(steroids or not). Bagwell & Piazza should get in too.

What about Tim Raines?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Lee Smith
    Mcgwire
    E Martinez
    Bonds
    Piazza
    Bonds
    Clemens
    Shame Pete Rose is not even considered.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    DS1119 wrote:
    Shame Pete Rose is not even considered.

And he never will be, a Damn shame indeed.
    Nice shirt.
  • Leave the Steroid freaks out.

Why the hell would you want Bonds in there............fuck him and the Rocket too. They got caught why the hell would you put them in the hall of fame a place for true baseball players.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Leave the Steroid freaks out.

Why the hell would you want Bonds in there............fuck him and the Rocket too. They got caught why the hell would you put them in the hall of fame a place for true baseball players.

Then toss out any greeny, amphetamine users(Schmidt, Mays, Aaron) and any pitchers that spitballed or sandpapered the ball.

The only reason these guys are being left out is b/c the writers know that every year they leave them out it's another year where this crap is big news to write about and to clear their conscience b/c they knew about it and nobody was brave enough to write the story.
    Was listening to some talking heads this morning and they had some really good points. Would you ever hear anyone say someone doesn't belong in the Football Hall of Fame because they used steroids? We seem to hold baseball players to some sort of different standards than other sports. It was an interesting perspective.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    DS1119 wrote:
    Was listening to some talking heads this morning and they had some really good points. Would you ever hear anyone say someone doesn't belong in the Football Hall of Fame because they used steroids? We seem to hold baseball players to some sort of different standards than other sports. It was an interesting perspective.

Word. Great point and I say this all the time. Everyone is all up in arms about baseball but fail to realize the most popular sport in the country has a massive steroid problem.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DS1119 wrote:

baseball records are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more sacred than football records or any other sport's records though.

football is a different animal altogether. people expect those guys to be gladiators on the field. baseball is more cerebral in nature.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Word. Great point and I say this all the time. Everyone is all up in arms about baseball but fail to realize the most popular sport in the country has a massive steroid problem.

I'm not even sure it's people failing to realize the steroid issue in the NFL...I just think people don't really seem to care about it.

A baseball player hits a baseball 500 feet...the fan says he's juicing. A football player throws a football 80 yards...the fan says he has a great arm. :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not even sure it's people failing to realize the steroid issue in the NFL...I just think people don't really seem to care about it.

A baseball player hits a baseball 500 feet...the fan says he's juicing. A football player throws a football 80 yards...the fan says he has a great arm. :?

you think quarterbacks are juicing? :lol:
    www.myspace.com

Possible.
    DS1119 wrote:

Possible.

which quarterback do you think is on steroids? and how would steroids help a quarterback?
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:

Possible.

which quarterback do you think is on steroids? and how would steroids help a quarterback?

The second part of your question has been posed about baseball players for years. HOw would steroids help a baseball player?
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Possible.

The second part of your question has been posed about baseball players for years. HOw would steroids help a baseball player?

we know how steroids helped baseball players. the drop in home runs these last few years is all you need to know.

seriously, what quarterback is on steroids and how would it help them?
    www.myspace.com

The same way steroids help a pitcher in baseball. The same way steroids help someone peddle a bicycle faster and farther. Etc.

I really haven't given any thoughts about steroids in football because frankly I don't care.
    DS1119 wrote:

The same way steroids help a pitcher in baseball. The same way steroids help someone peddle a bicycle faster and farther. Etc.

I really haven't given any thoughts about steroids in football because frankly I don't care.

your reason earlier was a quarterback throwing the ball 80 yards, which rarely happens. i actually don't think it ever happened. a 50 yard through is considered to be a super long throw that not many qb's can do. accuracy, touch, and mobility in the pocket are the main attributes for a quarterback.

when you think about steroids in football you think about giant defensive ends or linebackers. you don't think about tom brady or aaron rogers. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:

your reason earlier was a quarterback throwing the ball 80 yards, which rarely happens. i actually don't think it ever happened. a 50 yard through is considered to be a super long throw that not many qb's can do. accuracy, touch, and mobility in the pocket are the main attributes for a quarterback.

when you think about steroids in football you think about giant defensive ends or linebackers. you don't think about tom brady or aaron rogers. :lol:

No one thought of lance Armstrong either. PEDS are not out of the realm for any athlete.
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No one thought of lance Armstrong either. PEDS are not out of the realm for any athlete.

yes they did. he was under suspicion for years. performing at such high levels even as he got older and older?
    i believe doping is rampant in biking...

i agree about steroid use in football. i just don't think you can make a compelling argument about quarterbacks being included in that.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    I agree that there proabably aren't many QB's taking steroids and think it's a bigger issue for every other position on the field but I think they would certainly help a QB or any athlete in any sport for that matter. I doubt the benefits are worth the risk for many of them but being stronger and faster is never a bad thing for any athlete, especially with the steroids out today that can do so much without necessarily making you bigger. Sure it helps other players more but it certainly wouldn't hurt a QB.