and maybe Lee Smith
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Julio Franco!!!

Everybody else can wait another year.

When I was a kid we all tried to copy his stance, and usually ended up striking out.

juliofranco2_display_image.jpg?1324017848
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Biggio & Bagwell. As a lifelong Astros fan, it would be awesome to see them go into the HOF together.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Piazza and biggio

Bonds and Clemens should get in but not on the 1st ballot.

Everyone else not quite good enough
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Piazza and biggio

Bonds and Clemens should get in but not on the 1st ballot.

Everyone else not quite good enough

Agreed!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Whatever happens it's going to be interesting.

Though I'm not into the whole first ballot HOFer thing, I think that will keep Biggio out. Clemens and Bonds may never get in. Then there's the slight cloud over Piazza - no proof, but some suspicion. I think he otherwise would be a first ballot lock.

And I'd love to see Jack Morris get in. They've tortured him long enough.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Whatever happens it's going to be interesting.

Though I'm not into the whole first ballot HOFer thing, I think that will keep Biggio out. Clemens and Bonds may never get in. Then there's the slight cloud over Piazza - no proof, but some suspicion. I think he otherwise would be a first ballot lock.

And I'd love to see Jack Morris get in. They've tortured him long enough.

bonds and clemens are HOF's, no doubt about it in my mind. shame they tarnished themselves tho.

I like Jack Morris and enjoyed watching him in the world series, but i don't think his stats are quite good enough
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    LOVE to see the rooting for Mike Piazza to go in!
    I personally put him in the HOF - one of the greatest hitting catchers in the history of baseball.
    My father-in-law says "Hall of Very Good - he was a liability and bum behind the plate"...
    I hope he's wrong.
    Plus Chris 'Mad Dog' Russo said today there are rumors Piazza was on the juice? Really?
    Clemens is a lying, cheating, throw a bat at Piazza degenerate - he shouldn't get in on the first ballot.
    Bonds same. But both, as well as Mark McGuire - should eventually get in.
    Piazza was a great Met, quiet leader and hit one of the greatest HR's in Met history coming off of 9/11...
    PUT HIM IN!!!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Until Roy Hobbs is in the HOF is incomplete.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Apparently you didn't read the book. Fucking Hollywood...
  • Sosa with 609 hrs not even a mention of him here. I wonder if he will get enough votes to even stay on the ballot?
    DS1119 wrote:

Apparently you didn't read the book. Fucking Hollywood...

Haven't read a book since high school.
    Sosa with 609 hrs not even a mention of him here. I wonder if he will get enough votes to even stay on the ballot?

i'd guess he gets votes and stays on....like big mac, but i think his attitude has ruined alot of peoples perception of him...even more so than bonds.

and not only was he a juicer....he was a corker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Too bad there are so many a-holes on this list. Otherwise this could have been one of the best 1st ballot classes of all time.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,770
    Should be locks, but won't be:

Bonds
    Clemens
    Piazza
    Biggio
    Bagwell

Will anyone get in this year?
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    As much as I hate what Barry Bonds became, he was a really great baseball player at one time. By the time he started using steroids (supposedly shortly after the '98 HR race/season) he had been playing for 13 seasons, played in 8 All-Star games, won 8 Gold Gloves, 7 Silver Sluggers, and was 3 time NL MVP. So even before he started his personal steroid era, he was HOF all the way.

If I ran the Hall Of Fame, I'd put Bonds in, but make no mention of his post-98 career, or his HR record. And I'd probably "forget" to invite him to the ceremony. Guy is a total douche.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • As much as I hate what Barry Bonds became, he was a really great baseball player at one time. By the time he started using steroids (supposedly shortly after the '98 HR race/season) he had been playing for 13 seasons, played in 8 All-Star games, won 8 Gold Gloves, 7 Silver Sluggers, and was 3 time NL MVP. So even before he started his personal steroid era, he was HOF all the way.

If I ran the Hall Of Fame, I'd put Bonds in, but make no mention of his post-98 career, or his HR record. And I'd probably "forget" to invite him to the ceremony. Guy is a total douche.
    But the fact that he did juice in the 2nd half of his career, is enough for me NOT to vote for him. Nor would I let Sosa or Clemens in.

Fuck em all.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    As much as I hate what Barry Bonds became, he was a really great baseball player at one time. By the time he started using steroids (supposedly shortly after the '98 HR race/season) he had been playing for 13 seasons, played in 8 All-Star games, won 8 Gold Gloves, 7 Silver Sluggers, and was 3 time NL MVP. So even before he started his personal steroid era, he was HOF all the way.

You're right: Bonds was a HOF by 1998.

Yea, but wasn't Rickey Henderson a douche? Might be hard to '"forget" to invite someone to the cremony> :lol:
  • cutz wrote:
    Should be locks, but won't be:

Bonds
    Clemens
    Piazza
    Biggio
    Bagwell

Will anyone get in this year?

I don't think Bagwell ever gets in.

But the fact that he did juice in the 2nd half of his career, is enough for me NOT to vote for him. Nor would I let Sosa or Clemens in.

Fuck em all.

Then would you say Fuck em all, from the GREENIE era? or how about the players that ONLY played against white Americans?(would Ty Cobb & Babe Ruth have been as good as they were if they played against the best?

One can come up with an arguement when it comes to baseball, IMO.
  • cutz wrote:

Fuck em all.

Then would you say Fuck em all, from the GREENIE era? or how about the players that ONLY played against white Americans?(would Ty Cobb & Babe Ruth have been as good as they were if they played against the best?

One can come up with an arguement when it comes to baseball, IMO.
    I dont have a time machine, so I cant change the past.
    Sosa, Bonds, and Clemens are steroid freaks, who do not deserve to be inducted in to The Hall Of Fame.

My opinion.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Fuck em all.

One can come up with an arguement when it comes to baseball, IMO.[/quote]
    I dont have a time machine, so I cant change the past.
    Sosa, Bonds, and Clemens are steroid freaks, who do not deserve to be inducted in to The Hall Of Fame.

My opinion.[/quote]

EXACTLY(about not being able to change the past).

Thers probably players in the HOF right now that don't deserve to be in. Thers shit about some players that we may never know.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mike Piazza
    Bernie Williams
    Dale Murphy
    Tim Raines
    Fred McGriff
    Mike Piazza
    Bernie Williams
    Dale Murphy
    Tim Raines
    Fred McGriff

stoned eh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    Mike Piazza
    Bernie Williams
    Dale Murphy
    Tim Raines
    Fred McGriff

stoned eh

well Yes, but i dont think any of these player cheated
    Mike Piazza
    Bernie Williams
    Dale Murphy
    Tim Raines
    Fred McGriff

Of this list I still can't believe McGriff isn't in. :?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    jose mesa
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Mike Piazza
    Bernie Williams
    Dale Murphy
    Tim Raines
    Fred McGriff

Of this list I still can't believe McGriff isn't in. :?

I would say mcgriff was just as good as Jim Rice, but I don't think Rice should have been voted in.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Fuck em all.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Fuck em all.

i agree ... haha ...

my biggest beef isn't that these guys took steroids ... it's the fact they lied about it when it was obvious ... some of these guys sat there in front of a hearing under oath and pleaded the 5th ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I feel like the HOF in each sport needs to branch out and create a higher "Pantheon" of the HOFers. They seem way to watered down. Maybe like the top 25 players or something.... and in order to add a player, someone needs to be taken off. Every 10 years or so, possibly create another slot.