Options

RIVER of DECEIT 10" in goods.

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think the reaction was to the fact that even with the shipping, this is a a great deal; that this limited edition is only $7 is a really really good offer from 10C. I'm not sure why someone would pass on it just because the shipping happens to be more than $7. I think Santo's comment points out the fact that the person will see just what a great deal it is once these things start going up on Ebay!
    And I was pointing out that I thought it was a ridiculous amount to ship a small record.
    Its fine, I didnt want it to "flip" and I dont want it enough to get gouged on ebay for one either.
    Yeah, fair enough... I guess 10C is just sick of hearing the shipping complaints when the item is a steal, I dunno. Personally, I don't mind when the item is an insanely good deal. If it were an expensive item AND the shipping was out of control, then I'd care.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    got mine!!! cool!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    won't let the light escape from me
    won't let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    Got mine this morning thanks to a heads up from a fellow tenclubber!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    pjpitt89 wrote:
    I may end up with an extra 10c blue version from a friend. If this is the case I would be willing to trade for other RSD items i missed on including the band of horses, my morning jacket, and possibly the gary clark jr.

Pm sent~ Have a RSD MMJ on yellow/orange vinyl, ltd= 1k that I'd trade.
  • Options

I guess thats how you get treated as a customer who decides not to purchase an item. Seems to be a recurring attitude from employess of Ten Club LLC towards their customers and the fans.

have you not seen how Santos gets treated around here? not only that, but it's no skin off his nose if you don't want to buy it. someone will. I think the general consensus by 10C is that they are sick and tired of answering the call from the fans for more merch and then all they get is people complaining about it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I definitely think that some of the products are pricey, and I don't love the shipping charges, but if I don't want buy something I won't buy it. $14-15 for a limited, previously unreleased track isn't that bad of a deal. I paid $14 for Gaslight's RSD release yesterday, so its pretty fair in my opinion.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

I guess thats how you get treated as a customer who decides not to purchase an item. Seems to be a recurring attitude from employess of Ten Club LLC towards their customers and the fans.

have you not seen how Santos gets treated around here? not only that, but it's no skin off his nose if you don't want to buy it. someone will. I think the general consensus by 10C is that they are sick and tired of answering the call from the fans for more merch and then all they get is people complaining about it.
    So because an item will sell out its cool to give a smart ass remark to a customer? I don't think so.
    People have a right to question the ridiculous shipping charges.

I dont care who made fun of him. It's his job to handle questions about products/shipping from fans on the board run by the company with which he works for.

For the record, I did want to buy it. Saw the shipping and did not buy it. Won't buy it. All is well.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    The comment from Santos is TOTALLY DOUCHEY. Sorry, just my opinion. No wait... I'M NOT SORRY! We oughta boycott buying anything. Actually, I'm going to. I'll keep my membership but I'm not buying $15 hoodies that cost almost $12 to ship anymore. It's funny that somebody ships me a hoodie UPS and it's half as much. Joke.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The comment from Santos is TOTALLY DOUCHEY. Sorry, just my opinion. No wait... I'M NOT SORRY! We oughta boycott buying anything. Actually, I'm going to. I'll keep my membership but I'm not buying $15 hoodies that cost almost $12 to ship anymore. It's funny that somebody ships me a hoodie UPS and it's half as much. Joke.
    Red-Bullseye.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited November 2012
    i think we all know why the shipping is like that in USA..i find it expensive and 10c need to find a way like find with international shipping to low the cost of shipping..
    or give options how u want to ship it to you....first class or the way do it now
    there is a possibility 10c did this ,priority with tracking number only option cos they have alot of people telling they didnt receive the item so 10c refund them or reship another item..

and from my experience here i learn one thing..
    if you have an issue with orders,shipping, tix,memebrship etc..ONLY need to call 10c or email them..
    almost always ,even not office hours will get an answer
    by posting here??your issue?in the forum.the possibility to get an official answer from 10c..like....0.000001%

as for Santos answer,i understand the reason he said it and why,but its wrong the way he said it..sound disrespectful to Dr. Delight...there was better ,more polite ways to answer
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

So because an item will sell out its cool to give a smart ass remark to a customer? I don't think so.
    People have a right to question the ridiculous shipping charges.

I dont care who made fun of him. It's his job to handle questions about products/shipping from fans on the board run by the company with which he works for.

For the record, I did want to buy it. Saw the shipping and did not buy it. Won't buy it. All is well.
    I understand why you sting from the smart alec comment, but I have to admit that when I read it I smiled and thought, "yeah, no shit!" And moved on. I think Santos rocks. :) This isn't a Gap outlet. It's a discussion forum for a rock band. Get over getting some minor sass from the staff on the board. These are 10C people, not store clerks. It was an unexpected comment for you, but fuck it - it's not that big a deal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I understand why you sting from the smart alec comment, but I have to admit that when I read it I smiled and thought, "yeah, no shit!" And moved on. I think Santos rocks. :) This isn't a Gap outlet. It's a discussion forum for a rock band. Get over getting some minor sass from the staff on the board. These are 10C people, not store clerks. It was an unexpected comment for you, but fuck it - it's not that big a deal.
    Santos is very great guy and very helpful..u get that directly when you speak to him in person.
    trust me on this..
    but for me and you its easy to say isnt a big deal cos the commen twasnt for us..
    anyway...again..if anyone has an issue better directly mail or call..
    here in the forum me and the rest always assuming things..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Not that I love shipping charges (I've bitched about them before), but I'd also like to point out that there are TONS of other places with comparable shipping costs. Like, just about everywhere without a massive number of sales. Perhaps we're all just too used to Amazon-like shipping charges? Because honestly, every other place I've bought shit that isn't a pretty major seller has the same kinds of costs (yeah, I'm sure everyone can think of some exception, but I'm talking generally). I mean, I paid fucking $47 or something to have one record shipped to me (insured). J think it was $12.50 of something for shipping for the King Animal album from SGW. I was looking g at a product from See-See's candy shop in LA and the shipping for one item was $30 fucking bucks. Yes, shipping can be really pricey, but 10C isn't an enigma. That just seems to be what shipping generally costs with out mega-sales happening for the company. It sucks shit, but I'm also thinking that 10C isn't actually trying to gouge us, but are charging what they are paying themselves for the shipping. What j don't get is why they don't give an option - pay more for registered mail, or pay less for unregistered mail.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Not that I love shipping charges (I've bitched about them before), but I'd also like to point out that there are TONS of other places with comparable shipping costs. Like, just about everywhere without a massive number of sales. Perhaps we're all just too used to Amazon-like shipping charges? Because honestly, every other place I've bought shit that isn't a pretty major seller has the same kinds of costs.
    10c shipping now for me in Greece is away cheaper than amazon
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    i went out to my local record store for RSD...got a copy...$6.99 & free shipping ;)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Not that I love shipping charges (I've bitched about them before), but I'd also like to point out that there are TONS of other places with comparable shipping costs. Like, just about everywhere without a massive number of sales. Perhaps we're all just too used to Amazon-like shipping charges? Because honestly, every other place I've bought shit that isn't a pretty major seller has the same kinds of costs.
    10c shipping now for me in Greece is away cheaper than amazon
    Amazon.ca usually offers free shipping for Canada if you're over a $24 purchase, but yeah, international shipping from 10c is now super cheap. I'm just talking about US shipping. :)
  • Options
    Red-Bullseye.jpg

:roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    :nono:
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    Yikes, the shipping more than the record. Gonna have to pass on this.
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

"14. Your postings reflect upon you. Please be thoughtful and double-check to be sure you're saying something you can be proud of before you hit the Submit button."
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Yikes, the shipping more than the record. Gonna have to pass on this.
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

"14. Your postings reflect upon you. Please be thoughtful and double-check to be sure you're saying something you can be proud of before you hit the Submit button."

I've seen far worse posts. if anything, this is only sarcasm and honesty.

If you are going to try to police the board, you have a big job ahead of you.
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:
    If you are going to try to police the board, you have a big job ahead of you.

No thanks...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    has anyone received this yet? I know it's only been 6 days. I just thought it was odd my order status still says Warehouse. Just wanted to see if that's normal since my PO BOX where it was shipped to is kind of a far drive for me. thanks
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    has anyone received this yet? I know it's only been 6 days. I just thought it was odd my order status still says Warehouse. Just wanted to see if that's normal since my PO BOX where it was shipped to is kind of a far drive for me. thanks

Still warehouse for me...
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:

Still warehouse for me...
    I don't think my card has even been charged yet.
  • Options
    Just got shipping confirmation for mine!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855
    ewok pants wrote:

Nothing yet here. Still in Warehouse mode.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    demetrios wrote:
    ewok pants wrote:

Nothing yet here. Still in Warehouse mode.

Same here.
  • Options
    My order is "waiting", probably because I ordered it with the RNDM poster.
  • Options
    Still kickin' it WAREHOUSE style here....this was the only item I ordered, btw.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Still kickin' it WAREHOUSE style here...

same here
    aqo2t.jpg