Options

RIVER of DECEIT 10" in goods.

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    $7 shipping does seem a bit much, but for a hand numbered limited edition (1000) Blue Mad Season release, I'll take it all day...$15 doesn't seem too bad. Its gonna be $30-40+ in a week. Now to get to RSD & buy a different colored one (?) for around $10!

I love how ppl complain about the price when its on sale & then REALLY complain 2-3months later when its 3x that :lol:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    pjradio wrote:
    $7 shipping does seem a bit much, but for a hand numbered limited edition (1000) Blue Mad Season release, I'll take it all day...$15 doesn't seem too bad.

This. Order made.

:)
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Just got back from Jack's in Red Bank NJ (great store).

Was able to get the Reservoir Dogs, all 3 White Stripes, Band of Horses, Gaslight, The Rolling Stones and MMJ.

They had a very limited quantity and no Strummer, RATM or Gary Clark which besides Gaslight were my top choices. Also no Mad Season but was able to get the 10C version.

Hopefully everyone gets what they are after.
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Yikes, the shipping more than the record. Gonna have to pass on this.
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

Kinda like how it's better to leave a snarky comment than a simple explanation of the domestic postage increase that came along with the site update?
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    jamburger wrote:
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

Kinda like how it's better to leave a snarky comment than a simple explanation of the domestic postage increase that came along with the site update?

buy it or don't buy it. Your choice.
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:
    buy it or don't buy it. Your choice.

No one said it wasn't.
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:

Sorry, but do you think a simple explanation would suffice though? You can never please some people. With the amount of griping here that goes on by people that want everything for almost nothing... it would be really tough not to leave more snarky comments.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    g.o.n.e
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Local store didn't have it. Nice to get it here. Did get Joe Strummer though!
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    [Sorry, but do you think a simple explanation would suffice though? You can never please some people. With the amount of griping here that goes on by people that want everything for almost nothing... it would be really tough not to leave more snarky comments.

Why don't we try it first to see if it will suffice? How difficult is "Folks, we've decided to exclusively ship products domestically via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation - easier for us and you get your shipment faster." Sounds so much nicer coming from a Customer Service representative of a company you're willing to give money to.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    damn totally missed this :fp:
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Just got back from my local record shop and was able to get the red version. Did someone say there is a purple version??? Was also able to get the 10C blue version. So, if there's a purple version, where are these?
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    Just got back from my local record shop and was able to get the red version. Did someone say there is a purple version??? Was also able to get the 10C blue version. So, if there's a purple version, where are these?

good question
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    just so ppl know, the 2 songs are:

River of Deceit (regular studio version)
    I Don't Know Anything (Live, Self-Pollution Radio version)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Maybe Mike had the only purple version?! :D

I'm telling myself I won't go crazy looking for the elusive purple version but I know I will. I'm just happy I got in on the 10C blue.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,928
    DAMN IT!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    RSD release

iw3exj.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    I may end up with an extra 10c blue version from a friend. If this is the case I would be willing to trade for other RSD items i missed on including the band of horses, my morning jacket, and possibly the gary clark jr.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Glad I bought mine last night from the 10C.

Thanks to seeing it on fb. Thanks McCready and JAA for posting it.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Damn!

Been a while since I last saw you.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    aNiMaL wrote:

Damn!

Been a while since I last saw you.
    Been a long time, Speedy! Funny how as I have gotten older I have sorta re-directed my online attention to other sites and don't frequent here nearly as much as I used to. Don't worry though, still a fan and active 10c member.

How've you been? Have a good thanksgiving yesterday? I turn 40 this Sunday - so that's kind of a milestone bday I guess. :)
  • Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Just got back from Jack's in Red Bank NJ (great store).

Was able to get the Reservoir Dogs, all 3 White Stripes, Band of Horses, Gaslight, The Rolling Stones and MMJ.

They had a very limited quantity and no Strummer, RATM or Gary Clark which besides Gaslight were my top choices. Also no Mad Season but was able to get the 10C version.

Hopefully everyone gets what they are after.

Picked up the Gary Clark Jr in Toronto (one side is blu the other black for the album name) - no Mad Season there either
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    No mad season @ hogwild in SA. Luckily, my buddy is friends w the owner, and we were talking to him as he opened the MMJ album that had just been dropped of this morn. Big thanks to 10C for dropping the Mad Season albums. That relieved a lot of stress today. Everything else was pure gravy.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    [Sorry, but do you think a simple explanation would suffice though? You can never please some people. With the amount of griping here that goes on by people that want everything for almost nothing... it would be really tough not to leave more snarky comments.

Why don't we try it first to see if it will suffice? How difficult is "Folks, we've decided to exclusively ship products domestically via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation - easier for us and you get your shipment faster." Sounds so much nicer coming from a Customer Service representative of a company you're willing to give money to.

I think they have said this. I think the club is getting sick and tired of the same old complaints. "we want more stuff". We get more stuff. "we want more stuff but for it to be cheaper". :fp:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    jamburger wrote:

I was going to say something about the comment, but thought better of it.

I guess thats how you get treated as a customer who decides not to purchase an item. Seems to be a recurring attitude from employess of Ten Club LLC towards their customers and the fans.

Oh well, decided not to buy the record and I will not be buying the record at all.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    jamburger wrote:

I guess thats how you get treated as a customer who decides not to purchase an item. Seems to be a recurring attitude from employess of Ten Club LLC towards their customers and the fans.

Oh well, decided not to buy the record and I will not be buying the record at all.
    I think the reaction was to the fact that even with the shipping, this is a a great deal; that this limited edition is only $7 is a really really good offer from 10C. I'm not sure why someone would pass on it just because the shipping happens to be more than $7. I think Santo's comment points out the fact that the person will see just what a great deal it is once these things start going up on Ebay!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

I think the reaction was to the fact that even with the shipping, this is a a great deal; that this limited edition is only $7 is a really really good offer from 10C. I'm not sure why someone would pass on it just because the shipping happens to be more than $7. I think Santo's comment points out the fact that the person will see just what a great deal it is once these things start going up on Ebay!
    And I was pointing out that I thought it was a ridiculous amount to ship a small record.
    Its fine, I didnt want it to "flip" and I dont want it enough to get gouged on ebay for one either.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I've come to accept the shipping charges from 10C. It's not a problem because i'm so used to overpaying for vinyl since it came back in style. $14 for a rare hand numbered Layne Staley/PJ related record? I'd pay $50

That and the times when i've had to contact their customer service they've been beyond excellent. I have a mailman who likes to practice origami with my 7" singles.