Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    that was really awesome their website says 'fan club pre-sale tickets are only available in the shop' and the tickets never appeared.

Then I read (on the forum of course) that we had to go to the Paramount's website...which crashed. :thumbdown:

Congrats to everybody who got tix.
    Brutal. Not even through ticketmaster? ... come to the Vancouver show!
    I saw that ticket info on the SG website too. But already knew the sale was through TM - I thought it was pretty shitty to have that info posted when it's not the case.

no, not even thru TM/The Paramount.

i was supposed to meet up with a PJ member at the Seattle show. :twisted:
    I bet you will still be able to get tix! 2 shows in Seattle; I bet the public sale will be fine for you. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Got 3 scattered single seats for Boston, all in the orchestra. I'm pretty excited, as this will be my first time seeing them.
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    Got in. GA both nights Seattle! WOOOOOO!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    i got 2 tix for the philly show, i think i'm in the balcony though :|
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WSUFreak wrote:
    You get GA in Seattle??! GRRRR! ... I mean, congrats to you! That's awesome! :lol: But I really wish they weren't playing the fucking opera house in Vancouver! I want GA! ... oh well, will still be awesome.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    WSUFreak wrote:
    You get GA in Seattle??! GRRRR! ... I mean, congrats to you! That's awesome! :lol: But I really wish they weren't playing the fucking opera house in Vancouver! I want GA! ... oh well, will still be awesome.

GA Floor and a balcony with seats up top
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 799
    Pretty stoked after 45min of trying, I got row 18 Right Center orchestra for the Vancouver show!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Philly was a pain. I could only get 1 balcony ticket at exactly 10am when the sale started. I'll be searching for another on eBay I suppose.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    I got real lucky and scored a pair of center orchestra seats for Boston - not as good as the 10th row I got through Soundgardenworld when they played the comcast center in 2011 - I can't stand dealing with ticketmaster.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    Philly was a pain. I could only get 1 balcony ticket at exactly 10am when the sale started. I'll be searching for another on eBay I suppose.

+1 i'll be in the balcony with you :lol: :? . I bought two tix at 10 thru my iphone (livenation app). I was at work Kinda sucks.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Got lucky for both shows in NYC.. GA seating Floor :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    lotsalemon wrote:
    I got real lucky and scored a pair of center orchestra seats for Boston - not as good as the 10th row I got through Soundgardenworld when they played the comcast center in 2011 - I can't stand dealing with ticketmaster.

What row? I got Mezz C. You're the first I've heard with an orchestra pair.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    lotsalemon wrote:

Row Q - these are the center orchestra seats, not the ones directly in front of the stage (but labeled RC/LC) unfortunately. I'm gonna try on Friday for the public sale and see if I can do better ;)
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    lotsalemon wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    lotsalemon wrote:

Row Q - these are the center orchestra seats, not the ones directly in front of the stage (but labeled RC/LC) unfortunately. I'm gonna try on Friday for the public sale and see if I can do better ;)

Not too shabby my friend. I've seen a few shows from that vicinity and you'll be pleased even if you don't pull anything better. I feel like people crap on the Orpheum a bunch, but I've never had a bad experience, sound or seat-wise there.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Not too shabby my friend. I've seen a few shows from that vicinity and you'll be pleased even if you don't pull anything better. I feel like people crap on the Orpheum a bunch, but I've never had a bad experience, sound or seat-wise there.

No way am I complaining - I sat just to the left of that area for Silversun Pickups a few weeks and they were amazing seats. I love seeing shows at the Orpheum...

I have a couple of friends interested so I gotta get another pair anyway.

• Options
    lotsalemon wrote:
    No way am I complaining - I sat just to the left of that area for Silversun Pickups a few weeks and they were amazing seats. I love seeing shows at the Orpheum...

I have a couple of friends interested so I gotta get another pair anyway.

Excellent...I was at that SSPU show as well. Finally was able to catch them and thought they were fantastic. I'm in the same boat...have friends who would gladly take an extra pair, so going for the upgrade. Good luck!
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I went back and found that that TM has since put up the "Interactive Seat Map" ... wish they'd done that from the get go, but then, I guess they don't want people to see that the seats available for these things aren't super-awesome and kill the hype? Not that most people don't know already - they could give up the charade. Really.

In my FB feed, someone is saying they got Row B LC Orchestra seats, which is the front row. Not seeing how that happened, but I suppose it's possible there were a couple of goodies in the bunch. I understand available seats will be scattered, but using "Best Available" for all options comes up with a dress circle seat first and an orchestra seat second? I can't say I'm surprised, but daaaayum. Annoying.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    My bro tried this morning but got bubkiss. D'oh!! :( With the Ticketmaster sale this Friday, I have no chance on a Blackberry Phone.
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:
    I went back and found that that TM has since put up the "Interactive Seat Map" ... wish they'd done that from the get go, but then, I guess they don't want people to see that the seats available for these things aren't super-awesome and kill the hype? Not that most people don't know already - they could give up the charade. Really.

In my FB feed, someone is saying they got Row B LC Orchestra seats, which is the front row. Not seeing how that happened, but I suppose it's possible there were a couple of goodies in the bunch. I understand available seats will be scattered, but using "Best Available" for all options comes up with a dress circle seat first and an orchestra seat second? I can't say I'm surprised, but daaaayum. Annoying.
    Exactly my thoughts... how is it that, when selecting best seat available, the second try was dress circle, and the fourth or fifth try was row six?? Seems like people are getting screwed! ... but not me, thankfully. ;)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    The problem with the chart system when they first go on sale is the tickets dissappear faster than you click on them. It's super annoying during an initial sale.

It's also pretty common for people to put a pair in their "cart" and then try to use a 2nd browser to search for better tickets. You can delay you order by almost 10 minutes by running down the clock before proceeding to next step. A few minutes to accept the tickets, a few minutes to log in. a few minutes to enter cc info. I personally milk that all I can so I can see if a better pair comes up. If you mix that in with a bunch of people doing the same thing, you see all these random pairs pop up and disappear. Also if someone's CC bounces at the final step, they eventually pop back into the fold as well.

To top all that off, I'm pretty sure TM released more tickets about 30-45 minutes into the on sale, because I managed to grab some pretty good tickets (9th row) that I don't think someone would of tossed them away (but could of been from a bounced credit card).

It's pretty common on a lot of presales. A few years ago I got nothing but bunk for an Aerosmith/Motley Crue show. About 35 mins in row 7's on the floor popped up. God knows why tm blocks certain tickets, then frees them up later. It's like all the extra (awesome) tickets that go on sale during the last few weeks before a gig. Quite often they are beside stage seats that were determined not to have a blocked view, but sometimes they are excellent floor seats that were being held for promos but never got used.
  • Options
    I had a similarly frustrating experience. The page, to begin with, was running as slow as molasses and just was downright frustrating. Finally, I got balcony seats (in the Orpheum), which wasn't quite desirable, but hey, I waited like 40 minutes to finally get these tickets and I wanted to just get it over with. But then the page timed out while the internet was fucking up and taking forever to load, so I had to re-try again...and then no tickets came up, which was infuriating. Last try, and then I got main floor seats. And everything went smoothly. So, not sure about that.

Apparently you could buy singles, which is contrary to what the SG website said? I bought a pair and need to either find someone to go to with (unlikely, because I don't know anyone likes SG THAT much) or sell it on stubhub or these fine forums.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mtolan514 wrote:
    I had a similarly frustrating experience. The page, to begin with, was running as slow as molasses and just was downright frustrating. Finally, I got balcony seats (in the Orpheum), which wasn't quite desirable, but hey, I waited like 40 minutes to finally get these tickets and I wanted to just get it over with. But then the page timed out while the internet was fucking up and taking forever to load, so I had to re-try again...and then no tickets came up, which was infuriating. Last try, and then I got main floor seats. And everything went smoothly. So, not sure about that.

Apparently you could buy singles, which is contrary to what the SG website said? I bought a pair and need to either find someone to go to with (unlikely, because I don't know anyone likes SG THAT much) or sell it on stubhub or these fine forums.
    EVERYTHING the SG website said about ticket policy was not true. Some people got fucked over because of it. It's old info that didn't apply at all to this tour, and they just left it all up there for people to read, and, understandably, trust. Plus there was NO info in the email with the password sent out. All if was was the password (and what a silly password - anyone could have guessed it). No wonder there was tons of confusion. Plus, different venues had different shit going on... According to RKCNDY, the Seattle sale was through the venue, but there was NO info on the SG site about that, so she got fucked over, and others did too judging from the SG boards. And then there were tons of people who didn't even get their password, but for some that worked, because sales for SOME venues didn't even require one, but lots of people thought they did (of course - they said there was a pre-sale password, and did NOT say anything about exceptions!), and so a lot of people didn't even try without a password, while others gave it a shot anyway and discovered they stressed about not getting a password until a few hours before the sale for nothing. Have you read the SGW forum?? Total fucking gong show with regard to this pre-sale! :nono: Not cool. I'm mad about it, and I got a good ticket. I just can't believe the way the whole thing went down.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Picked up tickets to both Oakland shows. The Fox Theater is the best venue in the S.F. Bay Area as well... I'm beyond excited.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mtolan514 wrote:

EVERYTHING the SG website said about ticket policy was not true. Some people got fucked over because of it. It's old info that didn't apply at all to this tour, and they just left it all up there for people to read, and, understandably, trust. Plus there was NO info in the email with the password sent out. All if was was the password (and what a silly password - anyone could have guessed it). No wonder there was tons of confusion. Plus, different venues had different shit going on... According to RKCNDY, the Seattle sale was through the venue, but there was NO info on the SG site about that, so she got fucked over, and others did too judging from the SG boards. And then there were tons of people who didn't even get their password, but for some that worked, because sales for SOME venues didn't even require one, but lots of people thought they did (of course - they said there was a pre-sale password, and did NOT say anything about exceptions!), and so a lot of people didn't even try without a password, while others gave it a shot anyway and discovered they stressed about not getting a password until a few hours before the sale for nothing. Have you read the SGW forum?? Total fucking gong show with regard to this pre-sale! :nono: Not cool. I'm mad about it, and I got a good ticket. I just can't believe the way the whole thing went down.

yeah, I had a few other friends trying for tickets too, out of 5 of us, only one person got ONE single ticket.
    I tried on the Paramount's site ALL DAY, and they had floor tickets and balcony tickets, I couldn't even get ONE ticket. Their 'captcha' thing sucks too, I think that was part of the issue too...I was supposed to guess numbers from out of focus pictures. :? :x

then around 4pm, I looked again, and they took the floor seats off sale...still couldn't even get one balcony seat.

poor communication all around.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    There is still a presale going on right now for many of the venues. It's not the fan club presale, it's listed as a King Animal presale and the password is TAREE.

I just looked for tix for some of the shows and was able to get some in my cart (didn't buy, I just tested it). If you're just looking to get in the door regardless of seats this password works now. Good luck.

Unfortunately this presale does not apply to the Paramount show in Seattle.

http://ntr.ticketmaster.com/ssp3/?Z=Qz0 ... Jjb3B5MTE=
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 386
    Zod wrote:
    They've put out more Vancouver tickets. First some 30's in the mezzanine. then some 30's in the orchestra, now I pulled up row 9 in the orchestra in the left centre section. That's more like it :)

now I have to sell my balcony tix....

I got a pair in row 9 left centre orchestra too! That was today in the King Animal presale around 10:30... and I guessed the password! (After such an unimaginative password for the fanclub presale, I figured I'd test out some of the obvious choices today, and it worked!)
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    So cool to see them in my backyard last summer..
    I am soo looking forward to an away game in any one of those listed venues.
    So many cities, so little time..

ahhhhhh.........see you soon
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I got busy with work and totally zoned out on trying for tix. If anyone can help out with Philly, it would be appreciated
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I had some computer trouble right at 10am ( :evil: ) but was able to grab a Boston pair in Row T of the balcony. Small venue, I'll take it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Anyone going to Chicago night 2?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2