Bathroom Attendants

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
What's the purpose? Really don't understand it. Some guy hands me a towel and I have to give him a couple of bucks for that? And the mints and things they have on the counters...sorry I don't want to eat a mint that has been sitting in a bowl in a men's room.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i was drunk once....and asked one of the them in wrigleyville how do you get a job working in a bathroom...he claimed to know the owner.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's Seriously Creepy and Awkward! i mean who the F*** came out of the stall one day and said to himself i wish there was a guy here to hand me a towel after i wash my hands and stare at me, i would tip someone for that.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I hate that. As soon as you see them you realize you're now going to have to pay just to go to the bathroom. You don't HAVE to pay, but if you don't you feel like a dick (especially since they're usually elderly men), and they look at you like you're a dick. But they are completely useless. I don't need a mint or a splash of cologne, all I need to do is dry my hands, and I can do that with a paper towel. But I guess it's employment for people, so it's not all that bad, it's just annoying to pay somebody for doing nothing helpful.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The worst attendant I ever saw was in Saratoga. He was sitting in his chair reading the paper. On the counter was a stack of paper towels, a bowl of mints, and a basket with money in it. People would grab a paper towel and then drop a buck in the bowl. He did nothing! :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I GIVE THEM A $10 THE FIRST TIME I GO IN...THEN NOTHING THE REST OF THE NIGHT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i have been inspired to never tip those fucks again. if we collectively vow not to tip this worthless job, the job will go away and we can take back our bathrooms.

we can do this.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I usually use one of the combs sitting in the Jarod blue stuff then take my shirt off and spray on some Right Guard. Put my shirt back on and give the dude a buck and say "thanks". What's the big deal?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I usually use one of the combs sitting in the Jarod blue stuff then take my shirt off and spray on some Right Guard. Put my shirt back on and give the dude a buck and say "thanks". What's the big deal?

you've just inspired me to piss in the street going forward
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i have been inspired to never tip those fucks again. if we collectively vow not to tip this worthless job, the job will go away and we can take back our bathrooms.

we can do this.....

Sober I'm on this boat...when drinking I get sappy and couldn't do it.
    81 wrote:

you've just inspired me to piss in the street going forward

Usually where I just came from before I go in and comb my hair
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I was at a really swank club in LA a few months back.
    Having some drinks...or I should say a lot of drinks.

Go to the bathroom and there is an attendant in there. I always find it awkward interacting with them.
    Anyways, get done, walk up to the sink and the guy turns on the water for me. Uh...ok. He goes "soap?". I'm like "Uh, yeah". Reach my hands over and he pumps the soap pumper thing into my hands. He hands me a paper towel. "Mint? Cigarette?" "Uh, no, I'm ok". The lowest bill I have in my pocket is a $20. He's NOT getting that and I'm not waiting around for change. Awkward silence as he looks at me as I leave without giving him a tip. Had to go back there probably 3 more times that night. Each time it got more and more awkward and each time he did less and less for me! It always seems like I was the only one in there when I had to go too! :lol: At the end I'm thinking "Do I really have to pump my own soap out?"

But yeah...who in their right mind would do that?!?!
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

we can do this.....

Sober I'm on this boat...when drinking I get sappy and couldn't do it.

and who goes to the bathroom sober.....

fuck em. :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I was at a really swank club in LA a few months back.
    Having some drinks...or I should say a lot of drinks.

Go to the bathroom and there is an attendant in there. I always find it awkward interacting with them.
    Anyways, get done, walk up to the sink and the guy turns on the water for me. Uh...ok. He goes "soap?". I'm like "Uh, yeah". Reach my hands over and he pumps the soap pumper thing into my hands. He hands me a paper towel. "Mint? Cigarette?" "Uh, no, I'm ok". The lowest bill I have in my pocket is a $20. He's NOT getting that and I'm not waiting around for change. Awkward silence as he looks at me as I leave without giving him a tip. Had to go back there probably 3 more times that night. Each time it got more and more awkward and each time he did less and less for me! It always seems like I was the only one in there when I had to go too! :lol: At the end I'm thinking "Do I really have to pump my own soap out?"

But yeah...who in their right mind would do that?!?!

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Are women faced with this dilemma?
    Next time I come across one I'm going to yell from the stall "hey buddy, I need a hand in here".
  • you guys are all assholes for not tipping me -- besides the owner (who is my friend) knows that with me handling the soaping and paper towel duties you drunk fuckers won't be costing him money by using 14 pumps and 141 paper towels per wash.
    it is not a weird job -- i happen to really enjoy seeing men the look on someones face after the relieve themselves and most people really appreciate the fact that i am there to help them transition back to a world where you have to keep your dick inside your pants.

you guys are so weird
    Next time I come across one I'm going to yell from the stall "hey buddy, I need a hand in here".

I wouldn't ask for "a hand", not sure what they may try to do
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

you guys are all assholes for not tipping me -- besides the owner (who is my friend) knows that with me handling the soaping and paper towel duties you drunk fuckers won't be costing him money by using 14 pumps and 141 paper towels per wash.
    it is not a weird job -- i happen to really enjoy seeing men the look on someones face after the relieve themselves and most people really appreciate the fact that i am there to help them transition back to a world where you have to keep your dick inside your pants.

you guys are so weird

Hey, I tipped you. I was the guy with the $1 bill hanging out of my zipper.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    is this an east coast thing?

I've been to nice places here,, and there isn't somebody sitting in the bathroom. Saw it all over the place in NOLA, but they are cleaning up after people.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Are women faced with this dilemma?
    Not really. This thread has been very educational.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    RKCNDY wrote:

I've been to nice places here,, and there isn't somebody sitting in the bathroom. Saw it all over the place in NOLA, but they are cleaning up after people.

They have them here in Texas. Doesn't necessarily have to be a nice place either. Strip clubs have them for instance.
  • This is the most awkward thing, ever. I despise it. And we/I always have to feel bad for a dude who's locked in the crapper all night long. I wish they had diaper changing tables, I'd drop my drawers, back my as right on up there and ask if he'd powder my bum. Now thats worth a buck or two. After that, I would imaging the fella would leave you to your business..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • you guys are all assholes for not tipping me -- besides the owner (who is my friend) knows that with me handling the soaping and paper towel duties you drunk fuckers won't be costing him money by using 14 pumps and 141 paper towels per wash.

you guys are so weird

Hey, I tipped you. I was the guy with the $1 bill hanging out of my zipper.
    i appreciated that -- i also appreciated how you incorporated the "Just the Tip" joke in there
  • RKCNDY wrote:

They have them here in Texas. Doesn't necessarily have to be a nice place either. Strip clubs have them for instance.
    The only time I've seen them in ladies rooms (in Texas) is at very old fashioned venues, like the Longhorn Ballroom in Dallas many years ago and still at the stock show/rodeo grounds in Fort Worth.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    RKCNDY wrote:

The only time I've seen them in ladies rooms (in Texas) is at very old fashioned venues, like the Longhorn Ballroom in Dallas many years ago and still at the stock show/rodeo grounds in Fort Worth.

I didn't even know they had them in ladies rooms at all. I've seen them quite a bit. A lot of places in Addison seem to have them. Not really nice places. I mean they're nice places for sports bars and restaurants (not talking like fancy tie places), but you wouldn't expect there to be an attendant, and they do. At the Improv in Addison they had a men's room attendant the last time I was there.
    RKCNDY wrote:

popular in wrigleyville
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    next time i see one, i'm pissing on the floor and leaving 50 cents.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I wish they had diaper changing tables, I'd drop my drawers, back my as right on up there and ask if he'd powder my bum. Now thats worth a buck or two. After that, I would imaging the fella would leave you to your business..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I wonder if bathroom attendants get nervous when the bar/restaurant wants to install the automatic/sensor faucets, soap and paper towel dispensers? It's like the bathroom attendant's worst nightmare! :lol:

If I had a restaurant with a bathroom attendant, I'd slowly phase those in to make him really question his job security! :lol:
    Walks in one day and sees a automatic paper towel dispenser, goes home and drinks heavily.
    A week later he sees the automatic faucets, drinks heavily and gets arrested for a DUI.
    A week later, the soap dispenser is automatic. Drinks heavily, goes on a murderous rampage.

:lol: