Do you have a bucket list?

Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok so i was just thinking this could be interesting!

Do you have a bucket list & whats on it (top 3-5)

I have a few things on mine

Visiting Seattle was up there for ages - got to do that this year so yaay :)

Also on there are:
Perform on stage at my own gig (not as likely but you never know!)
Go to antartica and see the penguins
Run a marathon (2 x half marathons done this year so maybe next year is it!)

You get the idea :)
168dcfb.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The first thing on my bucket list is to buy a bucket.
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    never put one of these together but prob due to...

love yours btw....Penquins...way way cool...i love watching them on saturday mornings on SeaRescue
    i've become lazy on my sat mornings....relaxing in bed watching "GameDay"...then SeaRescue...

so i'm no where near your marathon...used to run 10k's alot when i was younger btw...

shit,...if mcCready can get back into it....why cant i ??
    someday...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I don't have an official one...but I have many things that I want to do...

See Pearl Jam in Seattle (I'll take the Gorge too)
    Take a ride in a hot air balloon
    Visit the Grand Canyon Skywalk
    Share a kiss at the top of the Tour Eiffel at night
    Travel,travel, and travel
    and many more...

In the past few years, I've been able to cross off a few on my list including seeing pearl jam in the front row and skydiving :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: +1 as well

also see PJ in Seattle
    travel outside the US :oops: (like England are something)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    edited October 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    What's the second? Get shit drunk and puke in said bucket? Take that bucket list! :D
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    DS1119 wrote:

bucket hat?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    do something great enough that someone else makes me a wikipedia page
    write music/create an album

i have others but i cant recall them right now :x
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My girlfriend and I created a Summer 2010 Bucket list of everything we wanted to do that summer. There were 20 things listed, we only got 3 of them done. :lol: They're still up on both of our fridges..we really need to get to it! Some of the things on it from the top of my head:

Crash a wedding
    Have a girls trip to Vegas
    Have a girls trip to Lake Geneva
    Float trip
    Go to a Brewers game (she's never been)
    Train crawl to the city
    Go out for a night and instead of talking sing everything you say (we actually did this one night and our friends paid us to stop :lol: )

Stupid things, yes! My real bucket list has one major item: Go to Ireland!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i have a few...but as the years pass, I realize that some people have no desire to share these adventures with me...so maybe I need to find someone that does. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Mine definitely includes more travel (Greece, Italy, Spain, back to Australia, Morocco, Costa Rica, etc) and more Pearl Jam (would love to be in the first 5 rows just once!) That's all I can think of right now...
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i have a few...but as the years pass, I realize that some people have no desire to share these adventures with me...so maybe I need to find someone that does. :(

What adventures? Luggage cart rides? Kidnapping random boys? Following Pearl Jam? I'm in! :D;)
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

What adventures? Luggage cart rides? Kidnapping random boys? Following Pearl Jam? I'm in! :D;)
    I'm in too if you need a partner in crime! :D

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I don't have an official list, but there are a bunch of things which I want to do before I die, including:
    • Travel Canada coast-to-coast
    • Visit Seattle and Chicago
    • See the big ball parks (Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, etc.)
    • See Pearl Jam in the US (probably Chicago, New York or Las Vegas)
    • Attend Teemu Selanne's HHoF induction
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

luggage cart racing in Australia!
    Kidnapping random boys from a band (one named Pearl Jam) that would go along with following them too... ;)

I want to go the Bahamas, New Zealand, Italy, Switzerland, Scotland...

swimming with the rays
    I want to hold a koala
    I want to pet a kangaroo...(there is a 'roo farm not too far from my house)
    lay on a pink sand beach and a black sand beach
    go to the Galapagos Islands
    belly dance at a luau on a Hawaiian Island
    go on an African Safari
    see the Great Barrier Reef
    have 'coffee' in Amsterdam
    drive the entire length of I-90, I would end up at unlost's house :wave:
    visit some of the awesome PJ people in different countries...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

luggage cart racing in Australia!
    Kidnapping random boys from a band (one named Pearl Jam) that would go along with following them too... ;)

I want to go the Bahamas, New Zealand, Italy, Switzerland, Scotland...

swimming with the rays
    I want to hold a koala
    I want to pet a kangaroo...(there is a 'roo farm not too far from my house)
    lay on a pink sand beach and a black sand beach
    go to the Galapagos Islands
    belly dance at a luau on a Hawaiian Island
    go on an African Safari
    see the Great Barrier Reef
    have 'coffee' in Amsterdam
    drive the entire length of I-90, I would end up at unlost's house :wave:
    visit some of the awesome PJ people in different countries...

Those sound great!! When I come to Seattle can we pet roos together?

Definitely want to go to Australia too!

ok..so we should start figuring out how we can kidnap Jeff...maybe we should just have unlost meet him and invite him back to the hotel? :lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Hmmm ... I've been thinking more and more about getting a bucket list of my own together. I haven't really thought about it much ... but, what the hell, let's give it a go:

- Write a book. I've had a lot of stops and fits, and I'd really like to take a couple of my ideas and pound 'em out.
    - Swim across the English Channel. Who needs a boat or train or plane, anyway? Buncha sissies.
    - Front row of Pearl Jam. I got about eight rows back at Missoula, and if that's as close as I get, I can die happy. But I wouldn't say no to front row ...
    - Travel the world with someone special. I've done a bit of traveling in my life, but there are always so many, many, many more beautiful places to experience. Having someone to share that with would make it all the more perfect.
    - Take a trip into space. Because I figure, hey, SPACE.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Here is mine:

– Write a book and get it published. This is now happening. I wrote it and it will be published. Jippi :)
    – Go back to NY
    – Visit Buenos Aires
    – Earn a livning writing books
    – Have another, bigger exhibition with my photos
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    In all seriousness pretty much the only thing I have is to have relations with ALyssa Milano. It will happen someday. I don;t care if we're both 90 years old and the relations consist of us just banging our walkers together. It will happen.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    The 2 big 'will do before I die' things I've had for years I've done in the last year - go to NYC & to Paris! CHECK! So I've gotta update my list.... 1st things I think of:
    -see PJ at MSG
    -see PJ in Seattle
    Hmmm, ok, really must get some non-PJ things as well.... work in progress!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    DS1119 wrote:
    In all seriousness pretty much the only thing I have is to have relations with ALyssa Milano. It will happen someday. I don;t care if we're both 90 years old and the relations consist of us just banging our walkers together. It will happen.

:lol:
    I could say the same...but swap out Alyssa Milano with Phil Anselmo. That man will be mine. We should double date.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol:
    I could say the same...but swap out Alyssa Milano with Phil Anselmo. That man will be mine. We should double date.

Sure. But just let it be known that at 90 I go to bed at 600PM so don;t bother us. That's nooky time! :lol:

old-folks-fun1.jpg
  • Just off the top of my head...

-visit Australia
    -visit Ireland
    -fly first class
    -see PJ in another country
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Oh & RKCNDY if/when you make it to NZ make sure you look me up, or shoot me a PM, you know what I mean. 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    afroannnie wrote:

ok..so we should start figuring out how we can kidnap Jeff...maybe we should just have unlost meet him and invite him back to the hotel? :lol:

yes! There is a place here called 'the Funny Farm', they have a bunch of exotic animals... damn, looks like they are closed. (but I may have a 'connetion' and may able to get then to give us a tour)

and yes, we do need to figure out how to distract Ed so we can kidnap Jeff...we may need to enlist the help of CBG to distract Ed...well, the help of Zoso since Ed seems to be fascinated with him (well, according to CBG he is).

and I want to do 'simple bucket list' stuff too...

see the Statue of Liberty
    DC
    Smithsonian
    eat a 'real' NY bagel
    walk out on that glass deck at the Sears tower
    walk the sky deck at the Grand Canyon

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

yes! There is a place here called 'the Funny Farm', they have a bunch of exotic animals... damn, looks like they are closed. (but I may have a 'connetion' and may able to get then to give us a tour)

and yes, we do need to figure out how to distract Ed so we can kidnap Jeff...we may need to enlist the help of CBG to distract Ed...well, the help of Zoso since Ed seems to be fascinated with him (well, according to CBG he is).

and I want to do 'simple bucket list' stuff too...

see the Statue of Liberty
    DC
    Smithsonian
    eat a 'real' NY bagel
    walk the sky deck at the Grand Canyon
    I'm sure Zoso would be happy to donate his services...he and Ed seem to have a *thing* for each other :roll:

I can help you with some of this list :) I'm a short way from NYC And DC...so you have a place to stay when crossing those things off your list. There is a park near where Zoso is from in Australia where we held koalas and fed kangaroos and wallabies...so you will both come with us on our next visit :) Done!

• Go to Jeruselum
    Learn to play bass well

Charlie-Hunnam-sons-of-anarchy-20859732-394-524_zps9c977b17.jpg?t=1351539318
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    RKCNDY wrote:

That is scary as f*ck. I did it about a year ago for my niece's Flat Stanley project. Although I'm totally confident the thing is not going to drop down on to Wacker Drive, my fear of heights sort of kicks into overdrive. A guy taking my picture for the project asked me to lie down on the glass ...

:shock:

Well, it's an experience, all right! :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    edited October 2012
    Mine definitely includes more travel (Greece, Italy, Spain, back to Australia, Morocco, Costa Rica, etc) and more Pearl Jam (would love to be in the first 5 rows just once!) That's all I can think of right now...
    I'd also like to visit a panda kindergarten
    and drive up the california coast
    I want to get another tattoo if I can figure out what I want
    and something involving Eddie, Johnny Depp, David Beckham and Zoso...but the details haven't been worked out yet :think: :shifty:
    Post edited by comebackgirl on

Go to Jeruselum
    Learn to play bass well

Charlie-Hunnam-sons-of-anarchy-20859732-394-524_zps9c977b17.jpg?t=1351539318

Well. Hello handsome!