Your favorite Horror films

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    yes and thanks!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    Horror Comedy but this looks like a ton of fun with a hell of a cast too.

https://youtu.be/bs5ZOcU6Bnw
    was gonna post this on here but posted it in the zombie thread instead. Looks decent and funny like Shaun of the Dead
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Watch Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn right now.

It still is and always will be awesome. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    PET SEMATARY REMAKE

SUCKED.

1 OUR OF 5 SUCKED.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited April 2019
    Hmmm, no idea how this will turn out but the Mark Hamill voice as Chucky seems good so far.

https://youtu.be/PeHNLikDiVw
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Great marketing for this movie so far.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited April 2019
    The new Chucky looks totally ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with how they did him. That ad ^^ is funny though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    The new Chucky looks totally ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with how they did him. That ad ^^ is funny though.
    As if the original Child's Play weren't totally ridiculous....

Hmmm, no idea how this will turn out but the Mark Hamill voice as Chucky seems good so far.

I still say that Mark Hamill's voice work as the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series and the Batman video games will go down as his finest work. It's likely the sole reason I'll check out this new Child's Play.

(And I'm a huge fan of basically everything Brad Dourif has ever done, from Billy Bibbit to Doc Cochran.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

The original actually looked like a doll IMO, which is perfect. The new one doesn't really.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Watching THE PURGE now for the first time. Should I give it a chance or rent THE NUN instead?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What was ridiculous about it? The voodoo-stuff? 

It played out very grounded and gritty the first one. That Candyman vibe.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

:o
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I still say that Mark Hamill's voice work as the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series and the Batman video games will go down as his finest work. It's likely the sole reason I'll check out this new Child's Play.

(And I'm a huge fan of basically everything Brad Dourif has ever done, from Billy Bibbit to Doc Cochran.

wormtongue!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Malroth said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Am I wrong? Taking place in a rundown Chicago with robbers and murderers, with a single mother struggling with her only child going insane.

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    Malroth said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Am I wrong? Taking place in a rundown Chicago with robbers and murderers, with a single mother struggling with her only child going insane.

No you're not wrong. We can both have different opinions.
    I found the Knight King in game of thrones ridiculous  and that is the most popular show (ever?)
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    edited May 2019
    I just find it lowbudget Innercity gritty in the same vein as Candyman. Or Hellraiser. Or even The Exorcist III. 

My kind of horror grit. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    I just find it lowbudget Innercity gritty in the same vein as Candyman. Or Hellraiser. Or even The Exorcist III. 

My kind of horror grit. 
    I get it.  The original Child's Play was a really great horror movie, especially by 80's horror movie standards.  It made me never want a My Buddy or even Teddy Ruxpin for that matter.
    edited May 2019
    The original Child's Play is a fantastic horror flick. And yes, the entire franchise is super dark, just by virtue of the fact that the poor kid has to be the most tortured soul in horror movie history. His troubles just never end. That hell follows him through his entire childhood and completely ruins his life, and he just keeps on being a nice person being terrorized, and who nobody ever fucking believes. It's actually really really sad!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    edited May 2019
    I never wanted a teddy ruxpin because they hurt.  Have you ever been bashed in the face by a thrown or swung teddy ruxpin?

thats should be the horror movie
    Child's Play was on TV just last week; it's still hilarious. I had no idea that there were people out there who actually took it seriously enough to sympathize with its characters and situations. Or are y'all just fucking with me?

It's only aesthetically gritty because that's what our cities were like in the 1970s and 1980s.

Bride of Chucky FTW!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    I thought Child's Play was a piece of shit.  Funny piece of shit, though.  Didn't know it was a "serious" movie until the posts here.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I thought Child's Play was a piece of shit.  Funny piece of shit, though.  Didn't know it was a "serious" movie until the posts here.
    I wouldn't say it's taken "seriously". I think it is, though, considered a true classic of a horror movie (and for real, what they achieved with the doll effects at that time was really impressive), and I find it hard to imagine that anyone could ever say it's not entertaining! Also, all the acting is actually pretty damn good in that movie.
    The tone of the original is pretty damn serious, especially considering the campiness of most of the sequels. For its time and still today the look of Chucky in that movie is sinister as hell.
    You dont actually see Chucky animate in that movie until about 4o minutes into the movie and it looks great.
    dankind said:
    Child's Play was on TV just last week; it's still hilarious. I had no idea that there were people out there who actually took it seriously enough to sympathize with its characters and situations. Or are y'all just fucking with me?

It's only aesthetically gritty because that's what our cities were like in the 1970s and 1980s.

Bride of Chucky FTW!!!
    Fuck Ronny Yu. Not what he did with Bride of Chucky. But the travesty that is Freddy VS Jason.
    edited May 2019
    The tone of the original is pretty damn serious, especially considering the campiness of most of the sequels. For its time and still today the look of Chucky in that movie is sinister as hell.
    You dont actually see Chucky animate in that movie until about 4o minutes into the movie and it looks great.
    Even part 2 (Which I consider to be a good film also) starts to lighten it up a bit. But the first time works as a "serious" and grum thriller to me. Haven't seen it in years though. So I would not testify infront of the US congress about my opinion.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited May 2019
    And man, the new Chucky look like ass. Like someone had the idea of "we need expressive eyes. That is very important to make it come alive. It's all in the eyes" and no one questioned it but just went all in making human looking eyes. It doesn't look like any doll I've ever seen. 

The original doll still looks like a doll.

And the "SMART" angle of everything being connected I bet felt like the greatest breakthrough ever when the scriptwriters came up with it. But should have saved it for another horror movie instead - "You think you are save in your house. But what if... it is your house that tries to kill you. Siri won't help you this time. Unless - help to die. In theatres summer 2019"

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    And man, the new Chucky look like ass. Like someone had the idea of "we need expressive eyes. That is very important to make it come alive. It's all in the eyes" and no one questioned it but just went all in making human looking eyes. It doesn't look like any doll I've ever seen. 

The original doll still looks like a doll.

And the "SMART" angle of everything being connected I bet felt like the greatest breakthrough ever when the scriptwriters came up with it. But should have saved it for another horror movie instead - "You think you are save in your house. But what if... it is your house that tries to kill you. Siri won't help you this time. Unless - help to die. In theatres summer 2019"

Yeah, that's the problem. It's almost like the designers thought it didn't make sense for a doll that comes to life to like an actual doll, lol. It's so dumb.
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

(And I'm a huge fan of basically everything Brad Dourif has ever done, from Billy Bibbit to Doc Cochran.

wormtongue!
    The casting director nailed it on that one. 

Christopher Lee, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

For just great comedic value , Childs Play 3 is one of my favorites.

Also if you are into anthology horror films like Creepshow  , do yourself a favor and watch Trick 'r Treat ( 2007 ) just a fun great horror movie.

Matts3221 said:

For just great comedic value , Childs Play 3 is one of my favorites.

Also if you are into anthology horror films like Creepshow  , do yourself a favor and watch Trick 'r Treat ( 2007 ) just a fun great horror movie.

Trick 'R Treat is one of my favorites. It's great. Even a bit cozy. 

Definitely something to watch every halloween.