Options

How's the weather in your town today?

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:

Yep. I'm taking my work stuff home. Praying I'll get a 6 a.m. call from work saying conditions are too bad to drive in.

'course, we'll probably get, like, half an inch of the light fluffy crap and that'll be all that comes from this "storm."

they call you?

we are suppose to call the office to listen to a recording. a text message would be tits.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Yep. I'm taking my work stuff home. Praying I'll get a 6 a.m. call from work saying conditions are too bad to drive in.

'course, we'll probably get, like, half an inch of the light fluffy crap and that'll be all that comes from this "storm."

they call you?

we are suppose to call the office to listen to a recording. a text message would be tits.

Yep. It's a new system, about a year or so old. It's all automated, telling us whether or not opening has been cancelled for the day or postponned. A couple years ago we had nothing ... just prayed that our own individual bosses would make the call and tell us to stay put.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Shit storms coming.
    lackey1.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    Yep. It's a new system, about a year or so old. It's all automated, telling us whether or not opening has been cancelled for the day or postponned. A couple years ago we had nothing ... just prayed that our own individual bosses would make the call and tell us to stay put.

i want that and i wanna hack it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Shit storms coming.
    lackey1.gif

snowblower.gif
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Louisville - cloudy, 37
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,756
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

they call you?

I'll be working from home tomorrow regardless of the snow. Every M,W,F I'm at home.....pretty sweet deal.

Hopefully it only ends up being a couple inches and the media has everybody freaking out for no reason as usual.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

they call you?

Wah wah wah! Remember that REAL storm we had 2 years ago in February...when we got like 2 feet or whatever the hell it was? Yeah so my boss called me that morning and said 'strap your snow shoes on you better be at work'.

This is why I spend all my time here. :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wah wah wah! Remember that REAL storm we had 2 years ago in February...when we got like 2 feet or whatever the hell it was? Yeah so my boss called me that morning and said 'strap your snow shoes on you better be at work'.

Wow, that sucks! I loved that snow storm ... I got to stay home for, like, two or three days in a row. I couldn't go to work if I wanted to ... my car was burried, and my street was burried, for at least a day or two. Kinda hope that happens again ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Wow, that sucks! I loved that snow storm ... I got to stay home for, like, two or three days in a row. I couldn't go to work if I wanted to ... my car was burried, and my street was burried, for at least a day or two. Kinda hope that happens again ...

i was out driving around by lunch. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Remember when we used to have real snow storms as kids? And we were buried and everyone was buried and you couldn't go anywhere yeah for days? Man I miss those days!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Remember when we used to have real snow storms as kids? And we were buried and everyone was buried and you couldn't go anywhere yeah for days? Man I miss those days!!!

Right? Those were the best ... I'd wake up on a school day instead of my mom waking me up, and instantly knew we had the day off from school. We would spend hours outside digging snow forts Calvin and Hobbes would be proud of.

Now I just want a snow day so I can sleep the entire day. :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    i think it was 5th grade....school was closed for an entire week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I got that once in 7th grade, but that's because a few rooms in the school started on fire.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I got that once in 7th grade, but that's because a few rooms in the school started on fire.

:wtf:

Uh, how exactly did that fire start ...? :?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:wtf:

Uh, how exactly did that fire start ...? :?

Something happened with an outlet in one of the classrooms. Of course, besides the fire damage, there was intense water damage because all of the emergency water sprayed everywhere.

That was a great week. The governor even made it so we didn't have to stay longer at the end of the year!
  • Options
    80 and Sunny
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    80 and Sunny

:wave: :thumbup: hey neighbor.. what a contrast from a few days ago!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    80 and Sunny

Seriously... actually put on the heat :lol: ... Maybe I won't pay the minimum this month :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    80 and Sunny

I'd appreciate it if you both piped down over there. :x
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Seriously... actually put on the heat :lol: ... Maybe I won't pay the minimum this month :mrgreen:

heat!? I guess you're an official Floridian now! :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    80 and Sunny

I'd appreciate it if you both piped down over there. :x

:lol: Oh, were very unpiped, dont you worry! its very easy to relax when its 80. :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Got a call late last night the office would delay opening for two hours this morning. Got an extra hour sleep and traffic was not an issue. I do believe they grossly overestimated the impact of this snow fall.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    285395_2820624570872_298619983_n.jpg
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    f7c42cc5b97dfb4a6d052c2becb8ee77
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    cold and gloomy with rain again tonight but that makes for a cozy evening 8-)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    "blustery" <
    that's what the weatherman said this morning, and the traffic girl.

The TV flickers, so I don't know if it's the power, cable, or TV.

I kinda hope the TV is dying so we don't have to move it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Got a call late last night the office would delay opening for two hours this morning. Got an extra hour sleep and traffic was not an issue. I do believe they grossly overestimated the impact of this snow fall.

you think :fp: :lol:

uh oh... it may snow next tuesday...better close the school now. :fp:

schools closed last night before a single flurry flew. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

In wisconsin, people get up at the crack of dawn to make the call
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

exactly. you wait until shit is actually happening before you make a call. :fp: :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

exactly. you wait until shit is actually happening before you make a call. :fp: :fp: :fp:

It's a double-edged sword. Sure, it's stupid to make the call that early before anything happens, but I've burned by them making the call too late, when I'm waiting to leave or have been on the road for 20 minutes or so. That's equally frustrating.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."