Dogs or cats

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    RKCNDY wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

cats are self-sufficient, and actually the only animals that can revert from feral to domestication and back again, at their own will.

are you for real with this? :shock:

yes, usually most feral cats once they trust humans, will become self-domesticated...but only if they want to be. My cat still has some feral tendencies (I bottle fed him since he was 2 weeks old).

well whaddaya know? :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    i'm a cat person obvi. But love dogs as well :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Dogs are the best, always happy to see me. The cat could give a shit.
    I win.
  • I love them all. Cats are easier. Dogs are kinda like having kids.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I still can't decide. I choose a panda :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Let's see...

vacation=

leaving 2 dogs in boarding for 9 days costing almost $400, and they are SMELLY! But also are so happy to see me! Butt-shakin' tail wags!

OR

coming home to a cat that has eaten 12 days worth of food, left 3 puddles of puke in random areas of the house, who also somehow got to the top of the armoire, knocking over a large vase containing over 200 peacock feathers which were strewn all over the house, most of which were eaten, in the bathroom an entire brand new TP roll was shredded all over the floor, my new yoga mat was used as a scratching post, various plastic bags were chewed up and left all over the house, and who also had diarrhea and conveniently left that present right by the front door for me to step in as soon as I walked in the house.

who would you like better?

If you go to the right kennel they don't come home smelly ... the kennel we use only put them in a kennel at night, the dog is out playing all day and when she comes home she sleeps for about 2 days...just exhausted. Really look around ... there are some nice kennels around ... avoid kennelling at a vet.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • woof
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Cats - no contest (says the crazy cat lady who already has 6 cats, ranging from age 1 1/2 years to nearly 21, and is currently in the process of possbily being 'broken' by her daughter into having a 7th - Cap'tain Fuzzykins, it would seem).
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Definatly cats... at one point I was up to 6 cats, but sadly only have 1 now.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Dogs... I have both... my dogs would do anything for me, the (working) cat, despite not being a pet expects that I would do anything for him
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Dogs here if I have to pick...
    We did have one amazing cat who will never be replaced...
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I still can't decide. I choose a pandora :D

Fixed.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425

Fixed.

pandora's will claw your eyes out if you don't tend to their every want and need
    CATS!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I want both! Can't I have both? and if not...then I'm with Jason P on this one :lol:

Ditto! I love both, but have cats right now (mostly out of lifestyle necessity). But obviously, having an animal that can go to the bathroom by itself without needing you to walk in the rain or snow or something is a huge plus!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • so,dogs lovers are more?? :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Zoso wrote:

Fixed.

pandora's will claw your eyes out if you don't tend to their every want and need
    CATS!
    :lol:
    trouble makers :nono:

kw18 wrote:
    I want both! Can't I have both? and if not...then I'm with Jason P on this one :lol:

Ditto! I love both, but have cats right now (mostly out of lifestyle necessity). But obviously, having an animal that can go to the bathroom by itself without needing you to walk in the rain or snow or something is a huge plus!
    This is why I've had cats too (besides the fact that I adore them). I would love to get a dog, but you can't really leave them alone for 15 hours at a shot.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I would love to get a dog, but you can't really leave them alone for 15 hours at a shot.

Sure you can. Just hog tie their legs and tape their mouths shut and they'll be fine. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I would love to get a dog, but you can't really leave them alone for 15 hours at a shot.

Sure you can. Just hog tie their legs and tape their mouths shut and they'll be fine. :lol:
    :roll: you would make a wonderful parent :lol:

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    I still can't decide. I choose a panda :D

:? :shock:

2.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I love both equally for different reasons. Dogs are great - so goofy and hilarious, and so fun to take out with you and play with, and so loving. Cats are fantastic because, while they can be so amazingly loving and sweet and comforting and snuggly, they are also independent and don't take so much attention that you can't leave them at home with a pile of food and water and go away for a long weekend, and you don't have to rush home to walk them or anything. Cats fit my current lifestyle and I love having them around; warm and soothing. But if my lifestyle ever suits having a dog, that will be awesome! I want a great big goofy one, with a huge smile. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dogs Rule
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Dogs Rule
    This^^^^
    Dogs actually need the love, affection and nurturing of their human owners...
    Cats could give a rats ass...as long as they have food and a sunny spot, they are super independent...
    Plus, I'm still waiting for the cat to come back with the frisbee I chucked :lol:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Dogs Rule
    This^^^^
    Cats could give a rats ass...as long as they have food and a sunny spot, they are super independent...
    Plus, I'm still waiting for the cat to come back with the frisbee I chucked :lol:

False ... Both my cats are super affectionate toward me, especially if I leave for a few days ... and one regularly follows me around the house, wanting to be held, petting, played with, etc. And one of my cats loves to fetch! He's not that great at it ... but he's getting better!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    kw18 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Dogs Rule
    This^^^^

False ... Both my cats are super affectionate toward me, especially if I leave for a few days ... and one regularly follows me around the house, wanting to be held, petting, played with, etc. And one of my cats loves to fetch! He's not that great at it ... but he's getting better!

Awesome, obviously not all cats (I should have said that) - I've owned 3 in my life. They were all cool...1 got extremely wacko the other two lived long lives...kids dug'em, but nothing like the dogs though...not even close.
    Plus, haven't seen too many "cat parks" in the different neighborhoods I've lived in...but awesome dog parks ;)
    Enjoy you felines - all pets are cool. Especially if loved and properly cared for...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    Dogs Rule
    This^^^^

I could never own a pet that shits in a box in the kitchen or bedroom daily. If I ever had a cat I would train it to crap outside. lol ;)
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Awesome, obviously not all cats (I should have said that) - I've owned 3 in my life. They were all cool...1 got extremely wacko the other two lived long lives...kids dug'em, but nothing like the dogs though...not even close.
    Plus, haven't seen too many "cat parks" in the different neighborhoods I've lived in...but awesome dog parks ;)
    Enjoy you felines - all pets are cool. Especially if loved and properly cared for...

Thanks! I do enjoy my boys ... they keep me thoroughly entertained!

yeah, that's the one downside to cats ... can't really take them outside. Well, I guess you could, but i'm not about to be one of those dudes walking down the street with a freakin' cat on a leash. :fp: :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Dogs Rule
    This^^^^

I could never own a pet that shits in a box in the kitchen or bedroom daily. If I ever had a cat I would train it to crap outside. lol ;)

So it's better to have a pet that shits outside and then you have to pick up said shit? With cats, you can stay indoors when it's rainy or snowy and crappy out when they have to go ...

Also, I find the argument about people not liking cats because they shit and pee inside funny ... isn't that what you do? :fp:

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

So it's better to have a pet that shits outside and then you have to pick up said shit? With cats, you can stay indoors when it's rainy or snowy and crappy out when they have to go ...

Also, I find the argument about people not liking cats because they shit and pee inside funny ... isn't that what you do? :fp:

Pick it up ohhh were suppose to do that? ;)

My dog knows how to flush anyway.lol

I have many friends that have cats and good for them just not my thing. My family we have always had dogs running around. What can I say were a dog family. :mrgreen:
  • kw18 wrote:

Do you piss and shit in a box and then let it sit there until somebody removes it I don't.

Pick it up ohhh were suppose to do that? ;)

My dog knows how to flush anyway.lol

I have many friends that have cats and good for them just not my thing. My family we have always had dogs running around. What can I say were a dog family. :mrgreen: