Dogs or cats

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Dogs here!!
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Neither, you!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    I like cats :lol:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Dogs!

(But I like 'cat!') ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Dogs and especially dogs that chase and eat cats.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Heathcliff.jpeg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    When it comes down to it, I choose the animal that hides and buries its poop.
  • Jason P wrote:
    When it comes down to it, I choose the animal that hides and buries its poop.
    haha...that was smart..!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Penny wants you to know that around this place it's dogs!

Pennytalking.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80212
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Dogs win!!
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I want both! Can't I have both? and if not...then I'm with Jason P on this one :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I can't have both anymore cause JB is allergic but from all the dogs I've loved
    in a lifetime and I've only had the pleasure to love one really awesome cat, as of yet...
    so I will say Dogs!
    I must admit I do love me some roasted cat.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    file-1.jpg

file.jpg

Dogs...my black lab at 6 weeks and now at 6 months.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    well ... had a dog for 18.5 years and now have 2 cats ... if i had the time - i would definitely have another dog but right now - cats are more suited to my lifestyle ...
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    DS1119 wrote:
    You, DS, are a RF :x :twisted: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    lukin2006 wrote:
    file-1.jpg

Gotta like the look on his face. He's like "what dirt"?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    well ... had a dog for 18.5 years and now have 2 cats ... if i had the time - i would definitely have another dog but right now - cats are more suited to my lifestyle ...

18.5 years for 1 dog...he/she sure lived a full life...cats are more independent for sure.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

18.5 years for 1 dog...he/she sure lived a full life...cats are more independent for sure.

it was a shih-tzu ... small dogs live longer ... but at the same time - for the latter part of his life - he was on a fairly strict diet which is key ...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Let's see...

vacation=

leaving 2 dogs in boarding for 9 days costing almost $400, and they are SMELLY! But also are so happy to see me! Butt-shakin' tail wags!

OR

coming home to a cat that has eaten 12 days worth of food, left 3 puddles of puke in random areas of the house, who also somehow got to the top of the armoire, knocking over a large vase containing over 200 peacock feathers which were strewn all over the house, most of which were eaten, in the bathroom an entire brand new TP roll was shredded all over the floor, my new yoga mat was used as a scratching post, various plastic bags were chewed up and left all over the house, and who also had diarrhea and conveniently left that present right by the front door for me to step in as soon as I walked in the house.

who would you like better?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Cats for me, never had a dog and wouldn't want one.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Let's see...

vacation=

leaving 2 dogs in boarding for 9 days costing almost $400, and they are SMELLY! But also are so happy to see me! Butt-shakin' tail wags!

OR

coming home to a cat that has eaten 12 days worth of food, left 3 puddles of puke in random areas of the house, who also somehow got to the top of the armoire, knocking over a large vase containing over 200 peacock feathers which were strewn all over the house, most of which were eaten, in the bathroom an entire brand new TP roll was shredded all over the floor, my new yoga mat was used as a scratching post, various plastic bags were chewed up and left all over the house, and who also had diarrhea and conveniently left that present right by the front door for me to step in as soon as I walked in the house.

uhhh ... you're really not supposed to leave cats alone that long ... :shock:
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Let's see...

vacation=

OR

:D
    The dogs, not even close!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    polaris_x wrote:

cats are self-sufficient, and actually the only animals that can revert from feral to domestication and back again, at their own will.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    i have both meatballs... ones a 14lbs meatball and the other a 104lbs meatball. you think the 104 lbs meatball would win in a scrap but no... he whimpers away like a chump... lol

love em both like kids and wouldnt give them up for nothin.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Dogs are great but We've always had a cat in our house. They're hilarious and they also know when to leave you alone :lol: Except for my cat who is closer to me than my shadow :twisted:

Both are amazing creatures, give them love and they give it back to you in droves.

If I was to get a dog I would make sure I had sufficient time to walk it everyday. Wouldn't be fair otherwise.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    cats are self-sufficient, and actually the only animals that can revert from feral to domestication and back again, at their own will.

sure ... but they hold a grudge like no other animal ... so, sure, they will live but they are gonna be pissed! ... :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    lukin2006 wrote:
    file-1.jpg

file.jpg

Dogs...my black lab at 6 weeks and now at 6 months.

there's a club for your Lab! :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80212&start=9600
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    RKCNDY wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

are you for real with this? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    DS1119 wrote:
    You, DS, are a RF :x :twisted: :lol:

It took this post for you to realize that? :lol:
    imalive wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

are you for real with this? :shock:

yes, usually most feral cats once they trust humans, will become self-domesticated...but only if they want to be. My cat still has some feral tendencies (I bottle fed him since he was 2 weeks old).

- Christopher McCandless