what happened in Montana?

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Well it's a good thing you denied knowing us, Judas ;):lol:
    Pretty sure we met...and you told me you weren't on the board when I asked...
    you mentioned your age and that it was your first time seeing PJ. Not sure how many other Californians, exactly your age, were staying at the KOA for their first show. :lol:...so I knew it was you but felt it would be awkward if I told you I knew who you were after you said you didn't post here.
    Was nice meeting you anyway :) :wave:

I remember when I went up to you to say 'hi' you said, "I'm really drunk and I probably won't remember meeting you, so sorry in advance" and then you walked away. :|
    :oops:
    omg....you're kidding!
    I was snakey, I'm so sorry. I was probably trying to avoid making an ass of myself. That obviously backfired! :fp:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    omg....you're kidding!
    I was snakey, I'm so sorry. I was probably trying to avoid making an ass of myself. That obviously backfired! :fp:

I didn't expect much...I remember people saying, "The Canadians are taking a cab here..." I was outside with Snakeduck (I think it was Snake), and a minivan pulls up, a bunch of people piled out (I recognized Andy), and I called out "Drowned Out? Any of you Drowned Out?" They laughed, and said "He just walked in the bar...he's reeeeeally drunk" :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    RKCNDY wrote:
    omg....you're kidding!

I didn't expect much...I remember people saying, "The Canadians are taking a cab here..." I was outside with Snakeduck (I think it was Snake), and a minivan pulls up, a bunch of people piled out (I recognized Andy), and I called out "Drowned Out? Any of you Drowned Out?" They laughed, and said "He just walked in the bar...he's reeeeeally drunk" :lol:
    Tom the cabbie was on a mission to find Drowned Out and bring him to us :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    brianlux wrote:
    When my wife and I checked into the KOA the proprietor said with a rather worried look on his face that certain "posts seen on Google" indicated that Pearl Jam fans were planning a rave (yes, A RAVE! :lol: ) at the KOA. I suspected right away that certain pre-show threads here on the PJ forum might have had some connection to this (no shit Sherlock) and I really had to suppress the urge to bust up laughing! My wife gave me that certain scrutinizing look and so I told the guy, "Not to worry, everything will be fine". She later asked me about this rumor and I told her about the threads and she just rolled her eyes and laughed.

Friends met, friends were made, the show was great and every one had a good time!
    you mentioned your age and that it was your first time seeing PJ. Not sure how many other Californians, exactly your age, were staying at the KOA for their first show. :lol:...so I knew it was you but felt it would be awkward if I told you I knew who you were after you said you didn't post here.

:wave: I remember that- yes we met! Excellent! OMG- I'm cracking up because when you asked if I was on the board I thought you meant like a moderator or something. Oh, do I feel like an idot now!! :lol::lol::lol: (laughing at myself). Ahhh- wish I could go back in time. So much we could talk about! We have to do this again sometime!!

Judas- that's good! It was that scrutinizing look from my wife. I confess. Yes, it's me, The Rave Buster. Sob. :cry: I repent, I repent! :fp: MEA CULPA!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

RKCNDY wrote:
    omg....you're kidding!

man....I think I confused you and Becky shortly after I got there....then I had a couple mental meltdowns while talking to cbg...couldn't get my head straight....then I spotted a blonde with shoulder length hair and remember saying something like 'wow, is that that Carey girl?' to someone....and they were like...'no, that's BD's wife' :fp: :lol: ....I'm guessing after that I decided it was best to avoid first impressions. I knew I was too drunk, but wasn't smart enough to remove my ass from the situation.
    I got to meet a lot of the people I have always wanted to meet from the board, and was way too drunk to remember half of it, and made a pretty bad impression....had a hangover on show day....now I'm going to hear about it forever....and to top it off, I get to go to the next meet up and have to wonder if I've already met everyone I talk to :fp:
    I'm never drinking again ;)
    brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    When my wife and I checked into the KOA the proprietor said with a rather worried look on his face that certain "posts seen on Google" indicated that Pearl Jam fans were planning a rave (yes, A RAVE! :lol: ) at the KOA. I suspected right away that certain pre-show threads here on the PJ forum might have had some connection to this (no shit Sherlock) and I really had to suppress the urge to bust up laughing! My wife gave me that certain scrutinizing look and so I told the guy, "Not to worry, everything will be fine". She later asked me about this rumor and I told her about the threads and she just rolled her eyes and laughed.

Friends met, friends were made, the show was great and every one had a good time!

:wave: I remember that- yes we met! Excellent! OMG- I'm cracking up because when you asked if I was on the board I thought you meant like a moderator or something. Oh, do I feel like an idot now!! :lol::lol::lol: (laughing at myself). Ahhh- wish I could go back in time. So much we could talk about! We have to do this again sometime!!

Judas- that's good! It was that scrutinizing look from my wife. I confess. Yes, it's me, The Rave Buster. Sob. :cry: I repent, I repent! :fp: MEA CULPA!
    :lol:
    It's all good my friend....I pm'd you back. Like I said....a lot of people like to keep their board persona and real life separate, so I didn't really think anything of it. We WILL do it again - next tour :)
    RKCNDY wrote:
    omg....you're kidding!

Tom the cabbie was on a mission to find Drowned Out and bring him to us :lol:
    Was so funny when I got in the cab...someone mentioned my name....the cabbie says ' Are you the Kyle from Canada? I've been looking for you!' :o:lol:
    I was so confused for a minute...my friends were like 'how the fuck do you know people in Missoula, MT?' :lol: ....we didn't know you guys had been at the KOA looking for me while my phone was charging (still feel bad about that too!)
    edited October 2012
    Was so funny when I got in the cab...someone mentioned my name....the cabbie says ' Are you the Kyle from Canada? I've been looking for you!' :o:lol:
    I was so confused for a minute...my friends were like 'how the fuck do you know people in Missoula, MT?' :lol: ....we didn't know you guys had been at the KOA looking for me while my phone was charging (still feel bad about that too!)
    :lol::lol::lol: It was hysterical that you had the same cabbie. He was really invested in the whole situation...he requested to drive us around looking for you :lol: It's all good...got to hang out with you at the Pressbox anyway...and apparently cause you several mental meltdowns :? :P
    Post edited by comebackgirl on

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    man....I think I confused you and Becky shortly after I got there....then I had a couple mental meltdowns while talking to cbg...couldn't get my head straight....then I spotted a blonde with shoulder length hair and remember saying something like 'wow, is that that Carey girl?' to someone....and they were like...'no, that's BD's wife' :fp: :lol: ....I'm guessing after that I decided it was best to avoid first impressions. I knew I was too drunk, but wasn't smart enough to remove my ass from the situation.
    I got to meet a lot of the people I have always wanted to meet from the board, and was way too drunk to remember half of it, and made a pretty bad impression....had a hangover on show day....now I'm going to hear about it forever....and to top it off, I get to go to the next meet up and have to wonder if I've already met everyone I talk to :fp:

i want that on a t-shirt
    norm wrote:

i want that on a t-shirt
    maybe PJ will put out a special fan edition DVD of our time in Missoula: "The fans are fucked up" :lol:

Snakeduck wrote:
    81 wrote:
    it appears you found steak night

Oh yeah, we did go some place besides the Press Box. I've decided purgatory will be a lot like the Press Box where we sit around for all eternity waiting for a PJ show that will never start while enduring an endless line for a fucking drink.

I don't know about you, but I had a rotation of 3 pitchers in front of me at all times.
    'tis true:
    7D4EB7B0-E66A-49A5-AAEC-E48BC38670A6-179-00000007E7234EC2.jpg:D

maybe PJ will put out a special fan edition DVD of our time in Missoula: "The fans are fucked up" :lol:

:thumbup: :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    should have gone ahead with the party and directed everyone to brian's pad :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    should have gone ahead with the party and directed everyone to brian's pad :lol:
    you mean the rave? :wtf: :lol: It would have been my first rave :( I am so bummed

81 wrote:
    you mean the rave? :wtf: :lol: It would have been my first rave :( I am so bummed

you should have flown in firday....we had a party in the cabin....after getting yelled.....after showing up with dirty frank blasting..... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Hey, just me Senior Rave Meister. Ole!

But mums the word. I'm not sure what Mrs. Lux would think of all this. ;):lol:

brianlux wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hey, just me Senior Rave Meister. Ole!

But mums the word. I'm not sure what Mrs. Lux would think of all this. ;):lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i almost turned up the tribes quest whatever that bands name is for her. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you should have flown in firday....we had a party in the cabin....after getting yelled.....after showing up with dirty frank blasting..... :lol:

HA! Now we know who had that poor camp host shakin' in his boots! :lol:

81 wrote:

i almost turned up the tribes quest whatever that bands name is for her. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

A Tribe Called Quest. Heehee- that woulda done it! :lol::lol::lol:

81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol: I would have shown up in full BDSM gear. That's how we *rave* on the google :lol:

brianlux wrote:
    81 wrote:

A Tribe Called Quest. Heehee- that woulda done it! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i honestly thought about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol::lol: I would have shown up in full BDSM gear. That's how we *rave* on the google :lol:

i was so disappointed your purse was empty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

It wasn't empty :shifty: :shh:

81 wrote:

was there a secret trap door in there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

was there a secret trap door in there
    there were a few secret pockets :shifty: :shh:

:x :x :x :x

fine....next tour....i'm going and i'm packing :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :x :x :x :x

fine....next tour....i'm going and i'm packing :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: Deal...as long as you agree to also carry the bag with all of the shoes :D

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    RKCNDY wrote:
    omg....you're kidding!

Do you remember meeting me and speaking at length?? :lol: :fp:
    Either way, as far as I was concerned you didn't make a bad impression on me (considering that I may have been your female counterpart but with a better memory :oops: ).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Snakeduck wrote:

Oh yeah, we did go some place besides the Press Box. I've decided purgatory will be a lot like the Press Box where we sit around for all eternity waiting for a PJ show that will never start while enduring an endless line for a fucking drink.

I don't know about you, but I had a rotation of 3 pitchers in front of me at all times.
    'tis true:
    7D4EB7B0-E66A-49A5-AAEC-E48BC38670A6-179-00000007E7234EC2.jpg:D
    Holy fuck. :roll:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My hotel room carpet was always wet.