MISSOULA ,MT - SEP.30.2012 SETLIST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Paulina87 wrote:
    great setlist :thumbup:
    oh and Ghost :fp:
    :fp:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Ando wrote:
    I gotta be honest... Decent show glad I didn't drop 1000 bucks for air fair hotel and tickets though.
    I WOULD PAY IT IF I HAD THE MONEY ONLY FOR SEE GHOST
    A holy grail song is more important than a holy grail show in Buenos Aires? 8-)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,623
    The venue was great - fantastic sound! And yes, the floor felt tiny!
    Mud Honey rocked it; really impressed!
    Mike was incredible. This being my first show, i didn't realize how cool it is to watch him up close! I got the eye contact and point from him. :D
    So, some were saying they wanted more rarities, and I get that, but I didn't give a shit - it's my first show! Everything they played was my first time! Crowd was GREAT. Ed said it was the best crowd they've had in the US for he didn't know how long, and he said he got goosebumps. :)
    You could tell Ed was feeling sick, but he actually sounded really great until Indifference, when he started losing his voice. Show would have been longer, but I think his cold was going downhill fast (I know how you feel Ed, being so sick myself right now, but actually I felt way BETTER once PJ started; my cold went away totally for the show! Like magic! :thumbup: Anyway, they had friends and family (including Jeff's parents and other family members of the band's) in the VIP section, so I'm sure they were sorry ed couldn't go longer.
    The big talk about the naked dude in the university gym's sauna today (ed was trying to beat the cold), and about signing his dick was pretty funny.

Interesting point: Jon Tester took off halfway through the show!!!!

So it being my first time, I was thrilled with every song (except last kiss - blurrp), and I had a FANTASTIC TIME WITH A FANTASTIC CROWD! I count myself so lucky to have have been so close for my first show.

It was pretty fucking hot in that place though. Soaked in sweat.

Hope you feel better soon Ed!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Paulina87 wrote:
    great setlist :thumbup:
    oh and Ghost :fp:

John Tester left in the middle of Ghost. I have the video. Sat in front of him and to his right. :lol: It was a little comical and awkward when Eddie motioned to where Tester was sitting and he wasn't there. :lol:
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    DS1119 wrote:
    John Tester left in the middle of Ghost.

Ha can you blame him?!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    Thanks Dimitris and BD!!! :D

Pretty cool show!

ps- had computerproblems this morning and could only post spradically...all better now....til next time CHEERS 8-)
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    Thanks from me too! Sounded like a really good show-would have especially loved that acoustic encore-bring on the boot! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The venue was great - fantastic sound! And yes, the floor felt tiny!
    Mud Honey rocked it; really impressed!
    Mike was incredible. This being my first show, i didn't realize how cool it is to watch him up close! I got the eye contact and point from him. :D
    So, some were saying they wanted more rarities, and I get that, but I didn't give a shit - it's my first show! Everything they played was my first time! Crowd was GREAT. Ed said it was the best crowd they've had in the US for he didn't know how long, and he said he got goosebumps. :)
    You could tell Ed was feeling sick, but he actually sounded really great until Indifference, when he started losing his voice. Show would have been longer, but I think his cold was going downhill fast (I know how you feel Ed, being so sick myself right now, but actually I felt way BETTER once PJ started; my cold went away totally for the show! Like magic! :thumbup: Anyway, they had friends and family (including Jeff's parents and other family members of the band's) in the VIP section, so I'm sure they were sorry ed couldn't go longer.
    The big talk about the naked dude in the university gym's sauna today (ed was trying to beat the cold), and about signing his dick was pretty funny.

Interesting point: Jon Tester took off halfway through the show!!!!

So it being my first time, I was thrilled with every song (except last kiss - blurrp), and I had a FANTASTIC TIME WITH A FANTASTIC CROWD! I count myself so lucky to have have been so close for my first show.

It was pretty fucking hot in that place though. Soaked in sweat.

Hope you feel better soon Ed!
    thanks for sharing!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Ando wrote:
    I gotta be honest... Decent show glad I didn't drop 1000 bucks for air fair hotel and tickets though.
    I WOULD PAY IT IF I HAD THE MONEY ONLY FOR SEE GHOST
    A holy grail song is more important than a holy grail show in Buenos Aires? 8-)
    no,,lol
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

Ha can you blame him?!

:think: :lol:
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Ghost is a great fucking song. Fucking haters
  • Options
    Ghost is a great fucking song.
  • Options
    ill check the thread later,see the winner,even i know,u guys figure this out already
    thanks for the help and especially territamu for his help
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Well, that was fun.

Now what?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Well, that was fun.

Now what?

Minnesota and Chicago 2013
  • Options
    Well, that was fun.

Now what?
    :think: I am going to see if I can come up with a ticket to the sold out mike watt show tonight! Special guests perhaps? Would not be surprised!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,653
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well, that was fun.

Now what?
    :think: I am going to see if I can come up with a ticket to the sold out mike watt show tonight! Special guests perhaps? Would not be surprised!

If you have never seen Watt before he is lots of fun - good luck!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ha can you blame him?!

:think: :lol:

he has no taste :roll:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Well, that was fun.

Now what?

Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago 2013

Fixed. :thumbup:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    is it me or do u think its kinda fucked up the dude left halfway through ???

same as any politician...get the money and run
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314

I bet he left to go back stage and hang there unless someone can confirm he indeed left the building that would be fucked ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Tester was in Heisenberg's rental clown car with us.

He's the guy in the plaid shorts, sprawled across our laps.

Good times.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

I bet he left to go back stage and hang there unless someone can confirm he indeed left the building that would be fucked ...

i would hope he didn't leave the building.....but it really wouldn't shock me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

I thought it was really weird, especially considering every single person in the building knew where he was sitting thanks to the giant spotight that was on him when we all applauded him!! Not like it was easy not to notice that he took off!! I Hope he went back stage... but why would he?? Why not stay where everyone could see him and watch the show? My guess is that he left, claiming that he had to get up early or some shit... but hey, maybe he did stay in the building. If so, sorry for the assumption.
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    I'm pretty sure he moved up to the top. Whatever that glassed in area was. Press box?
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    JTH wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    first: Sometimes
    Eleventh: Breath
    If you'll allow it, my wife would also like to take a guess.

First: Given to Fly :think: :eh:
    Eleventh: Know Your Rights 8-)
    My friend,you are from Illinios,you can do what ever the fuck you want!!!!!!!! :)
    She certainly got closer than I did since they at least played both songs she predicted but they didn't play either of my guesses.
  • Options
    Well, that was fun.

Now what?

Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago 2013

Fixed. :thumbup:

Acceptable :lol:
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,310
    Hopefully the next time PJ comes around, I'll be there in any/all of Chicago, East Troy, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    WE DONT PLAY THIS OFTEN...JEFF SONG..

IM LISTENING IT LIVE....

12. GHOST
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8N7o7LpMO8

yeah...this is FUCKIN EPIC........
  • Options
    WE DONT PLAY THIS OFTEN...JEFF SONG..

IM LISTENING IT LIVE....

12. GHOST
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8N7o7LpMO8

yeah...this is FUCKIN EPIC........

I concur