mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Nevada and now Cali allow them.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/tech/inno ... ?hpt=hp_t1

I want one!!! No more looking for the DD!! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I can't wait either until this finally gets rolled out.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I never understood that about Knight Rider. He HAD a car that could drive itself yet he'd always drive it....

:?

Ugh...80s TV was so unbelievable! :roll:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    take your self driving car and shove it up your ass.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    81 wrote:

:lol:

that might hurt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

that might hurt

i hope it does
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    and whose responsibility is it when your self driving car has an accident?? insurance companies will love this... using it as an excuse to up your premiums.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

that might hurt

i hope it does

:corn:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    81 wrote:
    Are you a control freak 81? :lol:
    and whose responsibility is it when your self driving car has an accident?? insurance companies will love this... using it as an excuse to up your premiums.
    The only accident a self driving car has had is when a human took control of it. Once you get more of them on the road, the safer it will be as they'll be able to "talk" to each other.
    It's no different than auto pilot on a plane. He'll, planes can land themselves these days at most airports.
    Some people have seen way too many movies...
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

maybe....but at the end of the day, i enjoy the driving expierinenenenccce....i will not buy a self driving car..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the person who thought this was a good idea needs a hot poker up his ass
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

maybe....
    Hahahaha! Knew it! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    The only accident a self driving car has had is when a human took control of it. Once you get more of them on the road, the safer it will be as they'll be able to "talk" to each other.

yeah cause computers never crash, right?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

In the average day I see far more people doing dumb things than my computer. And yeah, computers crash and so do people.

Heart attacks
    Strokes
    Mental ailments
    Neurological disorders
    Death

Computers don't medicate themselves and they sure as hell don't get drunk and think they can drive.
    Add modern distractions....smart phones, Facebook, texting, this message board....

I'll take a computer over the average person any day.

:D
    mca47 wrote:

In the average day I see far more people doing dumb things than my computer. And yeah, computers crash and so do people.

Heart attacks
    Strokes
    Mental ailments
    Neurological disorders
    Death

Computers don't medicate themselves and they sure as hell don't get drunk and think they can drive.
    Add modern distractions....smart phones, Facebook, texting, this message board....

yeah perhaps we should take all responsibilty away from people. weve already got navmans cause people couldnt be bothered reading a map. weve got rearview mirrors cause people seem to have zero ability to judge distance, turn their friggin heads and actually look where theyre going or be aware of where their children are. we have self parallel parking cars cause again people seem to be incapable of judging distance... so why not a car that just drives itself. hey! werent my fault officer, the car was driving. *shakes head*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    cate said what i said but with more words ;) :P :lol:
    norm wrote:
    cate said what i said but with more words ;) :P :lol:

i like words. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Statistically, you will be much safer with a computer driving.

I think computers will ease up traffic and drastically reduce energy consumption.

yeah perhaps we should take all responsibilty away from people. weve already got navmans cause people couldnt be bothered reading a map. weve got rearview mirrors cause people seem to have zero ability to judge distance, turn their friggin heads and actually look where theyre going or be aware of where their children are. we have self parallel parking cars cause again people seem to be incapable of judging distance... so why not a car that just drives itself. hey! werent my fault officer, the car was driving. *shakes head*
    Catefrances, the founding member of the Horse and Buggy Coalition for America!

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:

Heart attacks
    Strokes
    Mental ailments
    Neurological disorders
    Death

I guess what you're saying is fuck technology then right? I mean we used to scribble on walls so why do we need a computer? Why even snail mail. Shit...why do we even need the regular car? We have our feet. :lol:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited September 2012
    mca47 wrote:

I've never had a computer crash on me, personally. I worked as a PC tech and have seen many crash, but mostly because of people clicking on viruses and doing stupid things.

I imagine these car computers will be solid state hard drives and not cheap. There will be fail safe procedures if they were to fail.

I see accidents and near accidents everyday.. Driving would be a piece of cake for modern computers.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Horse Hooey!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Horse Hooey!!!!!
    You complete me.
    guess i just like to know im in control of the death machine im driving and if it crashes for whatever reason then its my fault not cause the on board computer had a spazzattack.

theres nothing wrong with technology obviously.. otherwise id be tying this message to a pigeon and hoping someone finds it. but i think that we seem to be trying to take as much responsibility away from ourselves as we can. you know if were not careful were all gonna end up like those fatarse people floating on that space liner in wall e where we do nothing and then find we cant do anything other than that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Horse Hooey!!!!!
    You complete me.
    How ya been?
    What ya been up to?
  • Self driving cars....

$80,000?
    $100,000?

How much?
    hello, Speedy!!! :wave:

hope all is well!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Horse Hooey!!!!!
    You complete me.
    How ya been?
    What ya been up to?
    Closing on a condo next week..getting married next year.. Life is moving. 8-)
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    hello, Speedy!!! :wave:

hope all is well!!!
    How are things?
    Ya all moved in?