Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I'm hoping my Secret Santa will get their pressie in the next couple of days. The cards I sent across the pond at the same time started arriving yesterday :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I finally got around to opening my presents from my secret santa! And I LOVE each and every one of them :mrgreen:

I got a fabulous Alabama Shakes shirt. And believe it or not, it was the one I was eyeing up at the show last weekend. :)

Green Bay Packer cookie cutters...which will be used this week to make cookies for this weekend :)

a lovely frame for my desk

a book titled....WTF Are Men Thinking? and trust me, I've asked this EXACT question on many many occasions.

I love it all Shannon! Thank you so much!!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I finally got around to opening my presents from my secret santa! And I LOVE each and every one of them :mrgreen:

I got a fabulous Alabama Shakes shirt. And believe it or not, it was the one I was eyeing up at the show last weekend. :)

Green Bay Packer cookie cutters...which will be used this week to make cookies for this weekend :)

a book titled....WTF Are Men Thinking? and trust me, I've asked this EXACT question on many many occasions.

Yay!!! I'm glad you like it Sheila!! That Shakes shirt was super cute...I took a guess on the size but if I'm wrong let me know and I'll get another one. I thought that frame would be cute with a pic of you and your boys in it :) I actually tried to have a print made from one of your pics on Facebook, but they weren't hi-res enough. Merry merry Christmas doll!!! :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yay!!! I'm glad you like it Sheila!! That Shakes shirt was super cute...I took a guess on the size but if I'm wrong let me know and I'll get another one. I thought that frame would be cute with a pic of you and your boys in it :) I actually tried to have a print made from one of your pics on Facebook, but they weren't hi-res enough. Merry merry Christmas doll!!! :D

The frame is perfect!! It's actually already in use on my desk. I had a picture of my boys and me just propped up and now it's officially in a home :D The shirt made me feel uber thin!! I'm going to try it on but I'm pretty sure the girls might not fit in it. :oops: Did you order it online? I can maybe try to see if they help me out with it.
  • this is the best part of the thread each year.. getting to see all the creative gifts that people get!!! still waiting for my gift to arrive to my person..Hope it gets there by Christmas..although the DHL peeps assured me it would! :? :?
  • dottles wrote:
    I'm hoping my Secret Santa will get their pressie in the next couple of days. The cards I sent across the pond at the same time started arriving yesterday :)
    :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • radarradar Posts: 771
    Dear Santa! :D
    you've made my day today! what a great surprise. I felt like thirty years younger opening my gift with...
    two lovely vinyls!!!
    spin the black circle!!!
    thank you
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie #
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 # 4.Black Diamond
    8.Mamasan23 # 78.of.the.girl
    9.Released1980 #
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS #
    17.vduboise #
    18.wolfbear #
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland #
    25.pearljgirl2010 #
    26.LarsK13 # 29.Coachchris
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles #
    29.Coachchris #
    30.Owl #
    31.Morello # 35. Leezestarr313
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 #
    36. tallman72 # 42. Eeriepadave
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker #
    39. lorifreud # 8.Mamasan23
    40. Om Remedy.#
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 #
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF #
    47. thefixer9 # PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack #
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman #
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI #
    54.bionicamy #
    55.JBii #
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum #
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP # thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 #
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 # 38. PJStatTracker
    72.HEX #
    73.unlost dogs #
    74. Katyz #
    75.pktrekgirl #
    76.Sonja_S‏ #
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE #
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement # 60.its just gish
    86.JK12093 ‏#
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • radar wrote:
    Dear Santa! :D
    you've made my day today! what a great surprise. I felt like thirty years younger opening my gift with...
    two lovely vinyls!!!
    spin the black circle!!!
    thank you
    awesome!!!if u can you can add pictures for us!! :D
  • this is the best part of the thread each year.. getting to see all the creative gifts that people get!!! still waiting for my gift to arrive to my person..Hope it gets there by Christmas..although the DHL peeps assured me it would! :? :?

What I love most is that people seem more excited to hear about the person getting their package rather than worrying about what they will get! Everyone has so much fun with it :D
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

What I love most is that people seem more excited to hear about the person getting their package rather than worrying about what they will get! Everyone has so much fun with it :D
    true!!!every year is the most intresting part!!what the other person thinks about the package you sent!! :)

Yeah I know huh?
  • I freaking love it! The card made me smile a lot!! Thank you FifthElement!

And the album is full of the Calgary/Edmonton 2011 shows :)

pjss1.jpg

Woo Hoo! So glad you got it. The pictures were actually from the Calgary and Vancouver shows.

Again . . . sorry about the lack of Bill ;):mrgreen:

Merry Ho Ho Ho everyone :D
    that was really sweet package!! :mrgreen:

Now I'm wondering where I got Edmonton from.... probably the whisky. :D
    And I re-read the card and figured it out!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    just heard from my recipient this morning....the gifts have started to arrive! :twisted: :D :corn:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    just heard from my recipient this morning....the gifts have started to arrive! :twisted: :D :corn:
    :corn:
    mfc2006 wrote:

i don't think he realizes that it's 3 hours earlier here! he texted me at 5am :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

i don't think he realizes that it's 3 hours earlier here! he texted me at 5am :lol:
    yeah....some people do that.. :lol:
    yeah....some people do that.. :lol:

:fp: :fp:

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I figured once I hit double digits in December I had waited long enough. Thanks Lisa (Leezestarr313)!! Awesome gifts. I love me some dark chocolate, the bag cracks me up, and I'm listening to Ain't That a Bitch as I type this. I've had my eyes out for this record! It completes my JGW collection! Stoked! Thank you!!

midgesbirthday014.jpg
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • A big thank you to my Secret Santa :D very thoughful gifts! I will post a picture very soon, as I am having issues logging into forum again :(

My gift went out very late :oops: :oops: :oops: my apologies, I hope everything makes it there um....contained ;)
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    I figured once I hit double digits in December I had waited long enough. Thanks Lisa (Leezestarr313)!! Awesome gifts. I love me some dark chocolate, the bag cracks me up, and I'm listening to Ain't That a Bitch as I type this. I've had my eyes out for this record! It completes my JGW collection! Stoked! Thank you!!

midgesbirthday014.jpg
    beautiful!!!!!!!! :)
  • A big thank you to my Secret Santa :D very thoughful gifts! I will post a picture very soon, as I am having issues logging into forum again :(

My gift went out very late :oops: :oops: :oops: my apologies, I hope everything makes it there um....contained ;)
    :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba #
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie #
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 # 4.Black Diamond
    8.Mamasan23 # 78.of.the.girl
    9.Released1980 #
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS #
    17.vduboise #
    18.wolfbear #
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland #
    25.pearljgirl2010 # 51.drinkbigredinstead‏#
    26.LarsK13 # 29.Coachchris
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles #
    29.Coachchris #
    30.Owl # 81.mensane
    31.Morello # 35. Leezestarr313
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 # 46. RYEzupSF
    36. tallman72 # 42. Eeriepadave
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker #
    39. lorifreud # 8.Mamasan23
    40. Om Remedy.#
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 #
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF #
    47. thefixer9 # PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack #
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman #
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI #
    54.bionicamy #
    55.JBii #
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum #
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP # thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 #
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 # 38. PJStatTracker
    72.HEX #
    73.unlost dogs #
    74. Katyz #
    75.pktrekgirl #
    76.Sonja_S‏ #
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE #
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement # 60.its just gish
    86.JK12093 ‏#
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • RYEzupSF wrote:

midgesbirthday014.jpg

love it :D
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• :D
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    My Secret Santa present actually arrived on Saturday....but since I wasn't home to sign for it, the mail service took it back to the post office for me to pick up. The note left by the mailman said it was a parcel from Italy!!!

I picked it up today. Thank you Mara!!! (aka Owl)....first of all, I was beyond thrilled just to get anything from Italy. It is my favorite place that I have ever been. The (very well taped) box was filled with various candies and treats from Italy; plus a very cool magnet for my refrigerator (I collect them from all around the world). Most of them are on one side of the refrigerator, but I put the ones from places that my best friend/roomate have been to together on the front.....and since we went to Italy, my secret santa magnet will have a prominent spot right up front.

Thank you again. This one of my favorite things about Christmas (the whole exchange, not just getting cool presents). As I have told all my past secret santas....if you are ever in Seattle, let me know and we will hang out. (I have become good friends with someone I sent a secret santa gift to in South America several years ago- I love this annual tradition!!!) Happy Holidays to all!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90376596@N00/8265508463/
    (i can never figure out how to make pictures show up here!)
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    mensane wrote:
    My Secret Santa present actually arrived on Saturday....but since I wasn't home to sign for it, the mail service took it back to the post office for me to pick up. The note left by the mailman said it was a parcel from Italy!!!

I picked it up today. Thank you Mara!!! (aka Owl)....first of all, I was beyond thrilled just to get anything from Italy. It is my favorite place that I have ever been. The (very well taped) box was filled with various candies and treats from Italy; plus a very cool magnet for my refrigerator (I collect them from all around the world). Most of them are on one side of the refrigerator, but I put the ones from places that my best friend/roomate have been to together on the front.....and since we went to Italy, my secret santa magnet will have a prominent spot right up front.

Thank you again. This one of my favorite things about Christmas (the whole exchange, not just getting cool presents). As I have told all my past secret santas....if you are ever in Seattle, let me know and we will hang out. (I have become good friends with someone I sent a secret santa gift to in South America several years ago- I love this annual tradition!!!) Happy Holidays to all!!!

Lovely! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • mensane wrote:

beautiful!!!!this is awesome!!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    mensane wrote:

Wow, great box of goodies!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!