Superman. Fraud?

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    DS1119 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Just a theory, DS, but here goes. If Superman were to use his x-ray vision with his glasses on and the x-rays were to reflect back he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain....

But it's just a theory... ya know?

light travelling through a concave lens(which clark kents glasses are) will make any image appear smaller than the actual object. so in order to use supermans presumably perfect vision he needs to remove the glasses for optimum effect.

It's xray vision? If he can see through concrete he could see through glass.

This whole thing is fishy.

did you not read what i said? :roll:

even xray vision requires light rays and when those light rays pass through a concave lens they act the way i described. its not a difficult thing to understand.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

even xray vision requires light rays and when those light rays pass through a concave lens they act the way i described. its not a difficult thing to understand.

I have to dismiss this theory simply for the fact I have seen him use his xray vision to see through one of these (look below) to see a hidden security camera behind it. :lol:

convex_mirror2_2.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

I have to dismiss this theory simply for the fact I have seen him use his xray vision to see through one of these (look below) to see a hidden security camera behind it. :lol:

convex_mirror2_2.jpg

thats a convex mirror.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DS1119 wrote:

convex_mirror2_2.jpg

thats a convex mirror.

If the concave lens theory holds water, the same has to hold for a convex mirror. :lol: This may be bigger than the Price Is Right Conspiracy. :o:lol:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    DS1119 wrote:

convex_mirror2_2.jpg

Wait a minute- Kilgore Trout said that mirrors are leaks to another universe. If you say "I'm going to take leak", it means you are going to steal a mirror. So if Superman were to look into a mirror without taking his glasses off, take a leak, stuff it in his... no, no that's not it... I'm still thinking...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

my issue isnt so much with superman but with lois lane and everyone else working at the daily planet(yeah im looking at you jimmy olsen)... superman reverts to clark kent simply by(aside from putting on real people clothes) putting on glasses and parting his hair on the opposite side andthey all cant tell its the same man???

Yes, and then there is that question about Lois and Clark, you know, ahhh, yes that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• never like superman
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

convex_mirror2_2.jpg

Wait a minute- Kilgore Trout said that mirrors are leaks to another universe. If you say "I'm going to take leak", it means you are going to steal a mirror. So if Superman were to look into a mirror without taking his glasses off, take a leak, stuff it in his... no, no that's not it... I'm still thinking...

WOw. :lol: :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

thats a convex mirror.

If the concave lens theory holds water, the same has to hold for a convex mirror. :lol: This may be bigger than the Price Is Right Conspiracy. :o:lol:

that is true. however...

i maintain that you missed the point of my post. i simply said light travelling through a concave lens(which clark kents glasses are) will make any image appear smaller than the actual object. so in order to use supermans presumably perfect vision he needs to remove the glasses for optimum effect. i said nothing about him not being able to see through glass.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DS1119 wrote:

thats a convex mirror.

that is true. however...

i maintain that you missed the point of my post. i simply said light travelling through a concave lens(which clark kents glasses are) will make any image appear smaller than the actual object. so in order to use supermans presumably perfect vision he needs to remove the glasses for optimum effect. i said nothing about him not being able to see through glass.

If he can see through a convex mirror this has to be false. Also, we don't know his glasses are actually real glasses which I would suspect they aren't thus not affecting the light. I mean he doesn't need them when he's Superman. They are just a disguise. :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    This thread makes my brain hurt :crazy:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Very serious shit being discussed here. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Very serious shit being discussed here. :lol:

totally. enquiring minds need to know. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DS1119 wrote:

If he can see through a convex mirror this has to be false. Also, we don't know his glasses are actually real glasses which I would suspect they aren't thus not affecting the light. I mean he doesn't need them when he's Superman. They are just a disguise. :lol:

why so?

yeah they are just a disguise but if he goes to the trouble of disguising himself why be caught out on something like:

jimmy olsen: hey lois you ever notice those glasses clark wears dont seem to be real?

lois: what do you mean jimmy?

jimmy: well he left them on the sink in the mens toilet and they seem to be just plain glass. whats up with that?

lois: hmmm i hadnt even noticed

jimmy: do you think maybe hes trying to disguise himself... like maybe hes superman??

lois: i think i wouldve noticed of clark kent was superman jimmy.

oh lois you crazy broad... :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Found this article in today's paper. This might shed some new light on the subject:

newspaper_zpscf6484b6.jpg

brianlux wrote:
    Found this article in today's paper. This might shed some new light on the subject:

you expect me to take the word of an illegal alien who just fell to earth in a giant egg? :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DS1119 wrote:

why so?

yeah they are just a disguise but if he goes to the trouble of disguising himself why be caught out on something like:

jimmy olsen: hey lois you ever notice those glasses clark wears dont seem to be real?

lois: what do you mean jimmy?

jimmy: well he left them on the sink in the mens toilet and they seem to be just plain glass. whats up with that?

lois: hmmm i hadnt even noticed

jimmy: do you think maybe hes trying to disguise himself... like maybe hes superman??

lois: i think i wouldve noticed of clark kent was superman jimmy.

oh lois you crazy broad... :lol:

But he doesn't just leave them out. He always has them...somewhere...and that's part of the issue. Where does he keep them? I have yet to find evidence that anyone has ever found Clark Kent's clothes while Superman was doing his thing. I've seen every episode of Lois and Clark and he does this spin move where he transfroms from Clark Kent to Superman. Where does the clothes go? I'm really leaning towards the belief that Superman is not real. :lol: :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    But he doesn't just leave them out. He always has them...somewhere...and that's part of the issue. Where does he keep them? I have yet to find evidence that anyone has ever found Clark Kent's clothes while Superman was doing his thing. I've seen every episode of Lois and Clark and he does this spin move where he transfroms from Clark Kent to Superman. Where does the clothes go? I'm really leaning towards the belief that Superman is not real. :lol: :fp:

oh... maybe clark kent is mentally unstable and weve all been sucked into his delusion??? afterall lets face it the man thinks hes from some planet called krypton. where is this krypton? and can we redeploy the mars rover there to take pics?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    brianlux wrote:

I appreciate your help but the article is obviously a fake. Look at the date. It says Saturday September 21, 2012. Today is September 21, 2012 and it's Friday. This conspiracy keeps growing and growing. I may not want to get on that plane heading West next week. I might not make it back alive. :fp:
    brianlux wrote:

And I hate to throw statements around but I think you may just be in on this. Where did you get this "article"? A little bit of coincidence I would say. I really hope you're not wrapped up in this this thing. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

I appreciate your help but the article is obviously a fake. Look at the date. It says Saturday September 21, 2012. Today is September 21, 2012 and it's Friday. This conspiracy keeps growing and growing. I may not want to get on that plane heading West next week. I might not make it back alive. :fp:

:oops:

Damn! :lol:

Wait a minute, it was Lois' fault- I heard she's now chief editor!

brianlux wrote:
    Wait a minute, it was Lois' fault- I heard she's now chief editor!

yeah thats right blame the woman. :roll: :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

:oops:

Damn! :lol:

You can't sneak anything by me. I'm sorry sir but you are now officially under this investigation. :nono:
    I really feel like I'm in deep shit now. Catefrances reveals that I came to earth in an egg (yeah that's right, along with Super-what's-his-face- that thunder stealing thug) and then busts me for blaming the woman and DS has me under investigation. All for a pair of stupid glasses.

Superman, your mother wears Army boots. :evil:

• DS1119 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Superman has x-ray vision but can't see through lead right? Fair enough. I can buy that. But why on the show Lois and Clark when he's dressed as Clark Kent does he need to pull his glasses down to use his x-ray vision? Something just doesn't add up here. Superman. You're officially under investigation.

Just a theory, DS, but here goes. If Superman were to use his x-ray vision with his glasses on and the x-rays were to reflect back he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain....

But it's just a theory... ya know?

Valid theory if I hadn't already witnessed Superman using his x-ray vision through windows so I can't concur. :lol:

The windows were polarized - his "prescription" eyeglasses are not. :roll:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)

Is this proof of this? :corn:

I want to know what Superman could do with your goggles on, Drummerboy!

brianlux wrote:

I want to know what Superman could do with your goggles on, Drummerboy!

They are a little suspicious. :think:
    brianlux wrote:
    I really feel like I'm in deep shit now. Catefrances reveals that I came to earth in an egg (yeah that's right, along with Super-what's-his-face- that thunder stealing thug) and then busts me for blaming the woman and DS has me under investigation. All for a pair of stupid glasses.

Superman, your mother wears Army boots. :evil:

no silly. did you not read the article you posted? it says clark kent reveals that his glasses contain false lenses. thats the illegal alien who fell to earth in an egg i was referring to. but now that youve revealed your own secret beginnings i suspect your krypton name is lux-el. i think we need to be watching you a bit more closely. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say