Superman. Fraud?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Superman has x-ray vision but can't see through lead right? Fair enough. I can buy that. But why on the show Lois and Clark when he's dressed as Clark Kent does he need to pull his glasses down to use his x-ray vision? Something just doesn't add up here. Superman. You're officially under investigation.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh my God.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Oh my God.

Just an observer man. Don't shoot the messenger.

On another note. How does his costume fit under his clothes (cape and all) without looking all fucked up? I'm pretty sure most people would look quite out of place with a full disquise under normal business attire.
    Also, when Clark Kent does take off his disguise and become Superman...where does he put his regular clothes? Where does he put his glasses? :fp:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Shut this cesspool down.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    DS1119 wrote:
    Superman has x-ray vision but can't see through lead right? Fair enough. I can buy that. But why on the show Lois and Clark when he's dressed as Clark Kent does he need to pull his glasses down to use his x-ray vision? Something just doesn't add up here. Superman. You're officially under investigation.

Just a theory, DS, but here goes. If Superman were to use his x-ray vision with his glasses on and the x-rays were to reflect back he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain....

But it's just a theory... ya know?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Just a theory, DS, but here goes. If Superman were to use his x-ray vision with his glasses on and the x-rays were to reflect back he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain and he would see inside his brain seeing the x-rays reflected off his glasses into his brain....

Valid theory if I hadn't already witnessed Superman using his x-ray vision through windows so I can't concur. :lol:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    did Superman ever win on The Price Is Right? hmmm..... :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    DS1119 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Valid theory if I hadn't already witnessed Superman using his x-ray vision through windows so I can't concur. :lol:

Curses, spoiled again!

No wait... that was Dudley Do-Right. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mfc2006 wrote:

:think:

A8TfGfBpzf-4.png

A8TfGfBpzf-2.png
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

:think:

A8TfGfBpzf-4.png

A8TfGfBpzf-2.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol:

Also, does he keep a travel sized bottle of mousse in his undies for that silly curl of hair?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I touched on the whole disguise under his CLark Kent clothes yesterday and I've really been pondering this. Even if, and that's a big IFhe can somehow pull that off, how does he fit his Superman boots under his work socks and then into his work shoes? :fp:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He's the man of steel. Able to leap over buildings. Faster then a speeding bullet. Can shoot lasers out of his eyes. Able to change the earth's rotation and send us back in time ...... and his main nemesis is a 5'-8" bald guy that doesn't have any special powers?????

:fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Jason P wrote:
    He's the man of steel. Able to leap over buildings. Faster then a speeding bullet. Can shoot lasers out of his eyes. Able to change the earth's rotation and send us back in time ...... and his main nemesis is a 5'-8" bald guy that doesn't have any special powers?????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jason P wrote:

He's extremely persuasive?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    superman25.jpg

Lex, my mother lives in Hackensack.
    Another thing I question is where does he get his haircut? A few issues in my eyes with this. First of all, he would have to remove his glasses. Second of all he would have to open his collar, thus exposing said SUperman outfit to the barber, so his neck can be shaved.

Now that being said. If he can somehow pull this off. What barber would have scissors strong enough to even cut Superman's hair? :fp:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    DS1119 wrote:
    What barber would have scissors strong enough to even cut Superman's hair? :fp:
    Maybe they use sheet metal shears.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Another thing I question is where does he get his haircut? A few issues in my eyes with this. First of all, he would have to remove his glasses. Second of all he would have to open his collar, thus exposing said SUperman outfit to the barber, so his neck can be shaved.

Now that being said. If he can somehow pull this off. What barber would have scissors strong enough to even cut Superman's hair? :fp:

His hair is made of steel?

His hair grows?

It isn't a wig?
    DS1119 wrote:

His hair is made of steel?

His hair grows?

It isn't a wig?

I just don't know. :fp:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    my issue isnt so much with superman but with lois lane and everyone else working at the daily planet(yeah im looking at you jimmy olsen)... superman reverts to clark kent simply by(aside from putting on real people clothes) putting on glasses and parting his hair on the opposite side andthey all cant tell its the same man???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    edited September 2012
    brianlux wrote:

light travelling through a concave lens(which clark kents glasses are) will make any image appear smaller than the actual object. so in order to use supermans presumably perfect vision he needs to remove the glasses for optimum effect.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • my issue isnt so much with superman but with lois lane and everyone else working at the daily planet(yeah im looking at you jimmy olsen)... superman reverts to clark kent simply by(aside from putting on real people clothes) putting on glasses and parting his hair on the opposite side andthey all cant tell its the same man???

They can't tell Spiderman sounds like Peter Parker?

They can't tell that Batman sounds like Bruce Wayne?
    edited September 2012
    my issue isnt so much with superman but with lois lane and everyone else working at the daily planet(yeah im looking at you jimmy olsen)... superman reverts to clark kent simply by(aside from putting on real people clothes) putting on glasses and parting his hair on the opposite side andthey all cant tell its the same man???

well tbh when played by toby maguire, peter parker becomes a whole lot less annoying when he transforms into spidey. so the disparity between parkers douchiness and spideys lack therof, would help keep the secret.

as for batman... hes just some crazy rich bloke who runs around in a batsuit keeping gotham safe. they know. they just choose to indulge a rich mans eccentricities. ;)8-)

oh and when you wear a mask your voice changes just enough to hide your secret identity.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • my issue isnt so much with superman but with lois lane and everyone else working at the daily planet(yeah im looking at you jimmy olsen)... superman reverts to clark kent simply by(aside from putting on real people clothes) putting on glasses and parting his hair on the opposite side andthey all cant tell its the same man???

well tbh when played by toby maguire, peter parker becomes a whole lot less annoying when he transforms into spidey.

as for batman... hes just some crazy rich bloke who runs around in a batsuit keeping gotham safe. they know. they just choose to indulge a rich mans eccentricities. ;)8-)

NO :lol:

well tbh when played by toby maguire, peter parker becomes a whole lot less annoying when he transforms into spidey.

NO :lol:

you doubt me????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• you doubt me????

It's only healthy to do so.... creates a fine discussion.

you doubt me????

well... i find your lack of faith disturbing. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• you doubt me????

well... i find your lack of faith disturbing. 8-)

295_295_I_say_shark.jpg
    brianlux wrote:

light travelling through a concave lens(which clark kents glasses are) will make any image appear smaller than the actual object. so in order to use supermans presumably perfect vision he needs to remove the glasses for optimum effect.

It's xray vision? If he can see through concrete he could see through glass.

This whole thing is fishy.