Astorians with tickets

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Guys, I've just heard the rumours about Maxtickets.... if they're true I'm screwed...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Aw shit man i saw that thread when it started but thought that it had only manifested into a misunderstanding.

I see that the Norwegian girl fell foul of it too but she got another ticket!

Join with the others and fight it and you may get your money back, as for the ticket i'm sorry...i really feel gutted for you. What a fucking bastard, i hope someone caves his head in. (sorry if that offends anyone, i'm not an aggressive person)
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    ampharmony wrote:
    Has anyone warned the Royal George and the one bar staff that is likely to be on duty at 3pm that they're going to be politely invaded?! They're used to the pre-gig crowds but...lol

yes, they know. it seems we're not the first bunch of fans to gather there pre-astoria show :)
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • 9 days to go!!!!!

I have bootlegs on shuffle!
    9 days to go!!!!!

I have bootlegs on shuffle!

9 days.. it doesn't seem real to me. my huge excitement has morphed into disbelief. i don't think it'll seem real until im in that place and they walk onstage.

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    No chance. Because without RnB there would be no diversity in the world.
    What would chavs / chavettes like? I think i'd die if i saw a shazzer rocking out.

You sure are a very nice God!

I myself doubt the need for chavs/chavettes in the first place, but I guess that without them the hoody-industry would fall apart and the world economy would collapse or something ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • When I saw them before it didn't really sink in till one of the roadies brought out a black schechter telecaster and sat it on the stage.... then I just crumpled...
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘i like sambuca too! very tasty!’

Yeh, it’s so nice and warm. I love when there’s a night I just can’t get in to – one shot of sambuca and it wakes me right up.

’even better after its been set on fire’

Oh no, I know a couple of horror stories about that… drunk people and flames often do not go well together :o

‘She might be ready to drop though!’

So let her drop :)

‘i don't think it'll seem real until im in that place and they walk onstage.’

Once I have the ticket… :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting - pleased to meet you all! FINALLY managed to get a ticket - haven't missed a London show since 1992... can you imagine my happiness finally holding a ticket in my hand!

I'll be coming along to the pub before hand... and up for something afterwards- I live and work in central London, so I have a good knowledge of bars and clubs etc (which may or may not be useful?)!

Counting down the days ;)

Keith x
  • jmanjman Posts: 29
    ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The wait is killing me!

Come ON seetickets!!!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
    jman wrote:
    ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The wait is killing me!

Come ON seetickets!!!
    I've a kinda update on the seeticket thread :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:
    Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting - pleased to meet you all! FINALLY managed to get a ticket - haven't missed a London show since 1992... can you imagine my happiness finally holding a ticket in my hand!

I'll be coming along to the pub before hand... and up for something afterwards- I live and work in central London, so I have a good knowledge of bars and clubs etc (which may or may not be useful?)!

Counting down the days ;)

Keith x
    Ahhhh so finally you post :)

I think someone was asking about you here.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ahhhh so finally you post :)

I think someone was asking about you here.

Really? I'm intrigued!!!

Yeah - took me a couple of days... work has been crazy busy!!!

Will try harder next time ;)
    Keithos wrote:
    Really? I'm intrigued!!!

Yeah - took me a couple of days... work has been crazy busy!!!

Will try harder next time ;)
    Lol, yeh it's strange for someone to ask about you before you even post :D but it was from that other site... they're wondering who the guy was who worked around the corner from the Astoria and it was either you or jman

So have you actually GOT your ticket yet? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, yeh it's strange for someone to ask about you before you even post :D but it was from that other site... they're wondering who the guy was who worked around the corner from the Astoria and it was either you or jman

So have you actually GOT your ticket yet? :o

Ah right, that makes sense!

Yeah, I got my ticket on Saturday - and got verification that it is a real one (I figured there may be some fakes circulating because of the comedy price they're going for)!

If any one wants a pic of what it looks like- just ask!

K.
    Keithos wrote:

Yeah, I got my ticket on Saturday - and got verification that it is a real one (I figured there may be some fakes circulating because of the comedy price they're going for)!

K.
    Lol, do they not all look the same? Anyway, no I don't want to do that to myself yet. So you got it from Ticketmaster??? I'm still waiting :rolleyes: and it's killing me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Keithos wrote:

K.
    mmmmmmmmmmm Pearl Jam tickets .........droooooool
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    I am worried that when I turn up at the B.O. on the 20th, they wont find my name on the guestlist .....I know it wont happen but cant help the feeling....dumn huh?
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    Lol, do they not all look the same? Anyway, no I don't want to do that to myself yet. So you got it from Ticketmaster??? I'm still waiting :rolleyes: and it's killing me.

Haha... I meant a picture for those who are buying tickets from more dubious sources... just trying to be helpful =(
    Keithos wrote:
    Haha... I meant a picture for those who are buying tickets from more dubious sources... just trying to be helpful =(

Lol, ok sorry :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, ok sorry :D

Ok - I'll let you off... just this once :P
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    God, has this thread got long! It would be fun to meet up with you guys pre-show but not too sure how my day will go. Will be meeting up with my other half just before the gig so I would need a glimpse of scots in kilts before that! Hopefully I'll be able to pop in the George - saw a few pictures on the blog so I might recognize one or two of you!
    Keithos wrote:
    Ok - I'll let you off... just this once :P

Thanks :) Just wish my boss would go into that meeting now - cos one of the directors is here too and either of them could walk in to find me on the phone DEMANDING to know why my pearl jam tickets haven't been delivered yet - that may not go down to well, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    God, has this thread got long! It would be fun to meet up with you guys pre-show but not too sure how my day will go. Will be meeting up with my other half just before the gig so I would need a glimpse of scots in kilts before that! Hopefully I'll be able to pop in the George - saw a few pictures on the blog so I might recognize one or two of you!

Maybe get the number of somebody going. I'd have no problem giving out my number and will if anyone wants it but maybe someone doesn't mind who has an English phone... cos I'll have my Irish phone and it will charge me to answer so it could cost me a fortune, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Maybe get the number of somebody going. I'd have no problem giving out my number and will if anyone wants it but maybe someone doesn't mind who has an English phone... cos I'll have my Irish phone and it will charge me to answer so it could cost me a fortune, lol.

I don't mind giving mine out... kind of makes sense too as I'm in London anyway???
    Keithos wrote:
    I don't mind giving mine out... kind of makes sense too as I'm in London anyway???

Ok well maybe if a few people offer - I can give mine too - those of us giving our numbers can swap numbers between us so we'll meet and then maybe sort out groups of who gets whose number. Fuck, that sounds a bit organised though, doesn't it? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ok well maybe if a few people offer - I can give mine too - those of us giving our numbers can swap numbers between us so we'll meet and then maybe sort out groups of who gets whose number. Fuck, that sounds a bit organised though, doesn't it? :eek:

Ok, PM me for my number... I can try to coordinate people to all meet, not get lost etc. Also, if people are arriving the night before etc I could arrange a bar or something...

... I guess I can act as the London point of contact!

Keith

einatshaul has my number. i'd happily give it someone else just incase. i'm not into stalkers though, so if you have complusive dialling tendencies, i'd rather not give it to you :)

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Keithos wrote:
    ... I can try to coordinate people to all meet, not get lost etc. Also, if people are arriving the night before etc I could arrange a bar or something...

... I guess I can act as the London point of contact!

Keith
    You are now official tourist info/guide, etc! What have you let yourself into!?!
    Shit, I wouldn't POST your number. Will you go back and edit it and delete the number for your own good and just give it to people through pm :o cos ya don't want EVERYONE having it. :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life