Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Jesus tap-dancing Christ, this thread it STILL going! I'm gobsmacked and impressed.
    Almost 10,000 posts. Woah.

P.S. Since I'm now jobless in America (boo) I'm coming back to Europe just in time for the PJ dates (yey)- anyone got spare tickets for any of the dates at all and would like me to take it off their hands? Please? I need something to look forward to when I get back :)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    HELLO :)

i got back last night !

chime thanks for the msg, it was hard to get a signal so my battery died quickly.
    *sighs* so many putter uppers , it was hard to choose, and the "horse drawn" guys were a bit sexy too ;) lol

BGG is the best festival (in non music terms) so many ace things to do n see and find out about plus we had great weather, was just perfect and very hard to come home.

SO how was your week folks ??? anyone want to give me a summery ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hi folks

i was outside the Astoria on Sat night and felt sad to think that it wasnt just straight after a PJ gig :( .... i felt better after my chips and sausage from Dyionisus chippy and with the secure knowledge that its only 2 weeks and 1 day to go until we see them again anyway :):):):)

best thing about the weekend was either meeting a fellow scotsman in a kilt at 3.45am on Shaftesbury Avenue eating a giant tub of Ben&Jerrys with a small plastic fork.... or it could have been the Salsa club we were in on Sunday night which was like sitting in Havana whilst the sexiest women in London did that crazy dancing stuff...!!!!!!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi everyone! Oohhhh Dunky and VV are back! Looks like you had an 'interesting' week-end in London Dunky! Bloody scots in kilts... there's everywhere!

VV! Good festie,then!! Putter-uppers..... sigh........ so what are the 'horse drawn' ones???? Glad the weather held for you. What kind of festival is it? What was there to do and see?

Shootenany.... what happened? Did you misbehave again? For tix, check out the board. There's this thread going of who has and who wants tickets. They are starting to pop up (even for Dublin!!) so get cracking and get yourself some tickets!!!!

Now I'm gonna read the threads..... I finally got my hands on the computer today. Hubby who is supposed to have the week off had to go to work today :(
    Almost 10,000 posts. Woah.

We have a dream....... 10,000 posts before Dublin! We'll do it!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hi folks

i was outside the Astoria on Sat night and felt sad to think that it wasnt just straight after a PJ gig :( .... i felt better after my chips and sausage from Dyionisus chippy and with the secure knowledge that its only 2 weeks and 1 day to go until we see them again anyway :):):):)

best thing about the weekend was either meeting a fellow scotsman in a kilt at 3.45am on Shaftesbury Avenue eating a giant tub of Ben&Jerrys with a small plastic fork.... or it could have been the Salsa club we were in on Sunday night which was like sitting in Havana whilst the sexiest women in London did that crazy dancing stuff...!!!!!!!!!!

:o Sorry didn't get your PM until Sunday evening. EDIT just read latest PM looks like it wouldn't have made any difference :rolleyes: :D:p

I get that Astoria feeling every Wednesday on the way to my Salsa class :eek: which Salsa club were you in?

Welcome back VV. Your festival looked great on the TV :):):)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Your festival looked great on the TV :):):)

It was on TV !?!?!?!
    Chime wrote:
    :o Sorry didn't get your PM until Sunday evening. EDIT just read latest PM looks like it wouldn't have made any difference :rolleyes: :D:p

I get that Astoria feeling every Wednesday on the way to my Salsa class :eek: which Salsa club were you in?

Welcome back VV. Your festival looked great on the TV :):):)

Salsa! on Charing Cross Road :)

the only white europeans there were me and my friend... and we met the only other white people there... 2 canadian sisters and an Aussie woman

I got dragged up to dance :o

i was shit :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Salsa! on Charing Cross Road :)

the only white europeans there were me and my friend... and we met the only other white people there... 2 canadian sisters and an Aussie woman

I got dragged up to dance :o

i was shit :D

That's the Salsa club I have my lessons at! See you forget your phone and miss out on your own personal Salsa teacher ;):p
    Chime wrote:
    That's the Salsa club I have my lessons at! See you forget your phone and miss out on your own personal Salsa teacher ;):p

i couldnt dance with you though Chimey :o

its way too erotic for me... i was almost fainting dancing with the Canadian girl.... all the blood was rushing to another place... and it was hot... good job it wasnt me who won the Tour De France as my testosterone levels after watching that kinda dancing would have been of the scale!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o:o
    LOl :D

yes last tuesday i was sat in a field watching various bared chested fit men with long hair putting up various wood and canvas structures :D NICE !!

the "horse drawn" are people who have chosen to go horse drawn ! as in they moved out of houses or trucks and have built their own carts and wagons and live on the road with their horses , usualy fit ! and weathered very roughed looking . they work at the festival farrying people with their camping gare from the car parks to the camping fields or taking stuff around site, (its a big place) my man has to delievor all the milk to the cafes thats about 400 leaters a day and had a horse drawn cart to do it, but his came with a girl !!

the fields are, campains , crafts, permiculture, kids, horse drawn, healing , esp, earth energies, and markets. there are 4 big big tents with live music all power on site is solar and wind, we made wool rugs with peg looms, did puppet shadow theater, i did some dance workshops, had a suana in a yurt (my fav. thing) drank tons of chai, saw loads of amazing art and craft from recyled stuff. looked at yurts and tipi's and sutainable homes. saw lots of crazy people dressed up. walked through the canyon at night which was all light by tea lights and was so pretty! saw 2 very good punk bands, chillied out with my kids drank wine with my friends , ate great veggie food (no meat on site !!!) saw lots of friend i only get to see at festivals :). and just had a really good time.

edit = it was called , The Big Green Gathering.

Dunk :) how come you were in London for the weekend ?? sounds good fun ;)
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo fuckers! :D How ya all doing?

Just took me an hour and half to read through this thread with people coming in and yapping and such :eek:

Dublin here I come :eek: That will take up the rest of the day :D

And my internet is way too fucking slow today :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    **sighs again*** Can I come with you next year VV? :)
    V V wrote:
    Dunk :) how come you were in London for the weekend ?? sounds good fun ;)

just sightseeing/touristy stuff... drinking at night... people watching... the usual stuff really!!

it was good fun ;)

sound like you had a magico time as well V.... :)
    HH! Welcome back!! How've you been?? Good little holiday?
    i couldnt dance with you though Chimey :o

its way too erotic for me... i was almost fainting dancing with the Canadian girl.... all the blood was rushing to another place... and it was hot... good job it wasnt me who won the Tour De France as my testosterone levels after watching that kinda dancing would have been of the scale!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o:o

:D:D:D

Poor Dunk :o actually not poor Dunk sounds like you enjoyed the whole thing! ;):p

:eek: :eek: suddenly realises why there are always more men in the Salsa class than women :o:p

V V sounds like you had a great time :) Somewhere with great veggie food. Heaven :D Oh and then men too :o;)
    redrock wrote:
    **sighs again*** Can I come with you next year VV? :)

:) you should all come with me next year !!! its in Cheadar ! so you can buy some cheese too lol

http://www.big-green-gathering.com/

thats it ^^^

oh and i went to a cinema that was solar powdered and in this beautiful lil dell so great to watch stuff n look up and see the stars :) , ok i'll shut up my hippy talk now and get some washing done

HH did you have a nice week ??? :)
    That would be fun! Festival wise, I definitely want to do Glastonbury with my daughter next year (there will be one, won't there??) but the BGG seems really nice (hippy talk or not!). Didn't know it existed! A solar powered cinema! We wanted a little wind turbine in our garden, but can't get planning permission.... bastards. :(
    Chime wrote:
    :D:D:D

Poor Dunk :o actually not poor Dunk sounds like you enjoyed the whole thing! ;):p

:eek: :eek: suddenly realises why there are always more men in the Salsa class than women :o:p

thats true Chimster :o:)

yes its quite obvious why there are more men there!!!!!! i've gone all Latino in London... i went to the Che Guevara exhibition at V&A as well... then i was at Salsa!... i danced to that song by Shakira as well.. :D .... erotica overload for me at that point.... if i'd tried to leave at that point they would have stopped and searched me for trying to smuggle out my 'bottle of beer' down the front of my jeans :o:o

I love Shakira... :)

yes its quite obvious why there are more men there!!!!!! i've gone all Latino in London... i went to the Che Guevara exhibition at V&A as well... then i was at Salsa!... i danced to that song by Shakira as well.. :D .... erotica overload for me at that point.... if i'd tried to leave at that point they would have stopped and searched me for trying to smuggle out my 'bottle of beer' down the front of my jeans :o:o

How was the Che Guevara exhibition? I've been meaning to go and see it. I believe it's more about how that image has been used in the last 50 years that actually about Che isn't it? Can that keep you interested for a whole exhibition? :confused:

Is the Shakira thing starting to turn into an obsession Dunk?

Also welcome back Hells. Can't believe you read through that all! :D:)
    redrock wrote:
    That would be fun! Festival wise, I definitely want to do Glastonbury with my daughter next year (there will be one, won't there??) but the BGG seems really nice (hippy talk or not!). Didn't know it existed! A solar powered cinema! We wanted a little wind turbine in our garden, but can't get planning permission.... bastards. :(

:( thats so crapy !!!!!

when we move, we want to get a small bit of land and have solar panels n a turbine
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

Shakira is well fit....... :D:D;)

I reckon 10,000 posts is do-able TODAY peeps... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Speaking of che..... (no I won't bring up the warthog...) I watched motorcycle diaries again this week-end. Love that film. I want to go on a road trip **has strop**!
    Chime wrote:
    Also welcome back Hells. Can't believe you read through that all! :D:)

Yeah!! welcome back H!! :D:D

Did you read ALL of it??? :eek: :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Chime wrote:
    How was the Che Guevara exhibition? I've been meaning to go and see it. I believe it's more about how that image has been used in the last 50 years that actually about Che isn't it?

Thats pretty much it.... it was interesting for me from a design point of view.. it was an exhi of political graphic art rather than about the man himself!.. but for me it was worth it!!

its mainly about just Korda's iconic image more than anything else!
    redrock wrote:
    Speaking of che..... (no I won't bring up the warthog...) I watched motorcycle diaries again this week-end. Love that film. I want to go on a road trip **has strop**!

Oh I love that film. Went to see it on an afternoon performance at the cinema so only five people and no popcorn eating or drink slurping! The cinematography is so beautiful (same thing with Brokeback Mountain).

Saw a good DVD at the weekend A Very Long Engagement :) Although Jodie Foster popping up in the middle of a French film does pull you out of the film for a minute :o
    its mainly about just Korda's iconic image more than anything else!

A while back, there was a documentary on Korda and 'the' photo. It was really interesting. At first, it was rejected by the newspaper he submitted to and then he never got anything for it!
    Chime wrote:
    Saw a good DVD at the weekend A Very Long Engagement :)
    I read the book on which the film was based. Beautiful story! I guess I will need to get the DVD!
    Chime wrote:
    Although Jodie Foster popping up in the middle of a French film does pull you out of the film for a minute :o
    :eek: She does speak good french, but still......
    You guys have lost me... :o

Haven't seen either... :o

Saw Team America at the weekend though, again... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Saw Team America at the weekend though, again... :D:D

:D:D:D Hilarious film! :D:D:D