Astorians with tickets

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning everyone!

Except for Dave and Stoney having a go last night, it has been very quiet on the board - sun and football, I guess!

Dave - I saw G'n'R during their appetite for destruction tour. Incredible! I still thing they're great in their own way! I like VR too but I am a bit biaised because there's Duff and Slash (my two favs)?

Stoney - I've read somewhere that Duff is definitely touring with AIC. Whether it's for all gigs or just a few here and there, I don't know. Duff... yummy :D:D Ahhhh... what do you expect - a bass player!!

I wouldn't have thought G'n'R with Axl, Duff and Slash could ever exist anymore. They really hate Axl's guts (so I've heard). And... would it be the same? Wouldn't it be trying to find something that was there years ago and is now gone? Don't know......

VV - sounds like a great and tough week-end you had!!! Soak in a nice bath....

HH and Chime - football fans, are we?

Well, yet again today, I shall try to enjoy my garden a bit and try to ignore the weeds that need pulling out!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:

I think I may be :confused: . I always was but the past couple of years have just got me way more interested in other sports and soccer is a bit inferior to them... but I'm enjoying the world cup so far.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Afternoon all (just to be different) :)

Well watched all the games also and definitly Holland and Argies were the best. I got Holland at a good price, no-one gave them a chance but I think they might do it.....youthful abandon (but van basten better play Kuyt cause I packed him at 150 - 1 for top scorer :mad: )

Hells, Ireland were very good but just couldn't cope with the power of the all blacks. I think o'gara was found out on saturday. His place kicking was good but everything else.......he was like a little boy playing against men. And as for D'arcy what's happened to him....burst on the scene and done nothing since his injury. O'Driscoll as always was immense...class :D

I was just saying to the missus that I always miss the world cup final cause something comes up........FUCKING OXEGEN :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:

Just a little bit :o :rolleyes: :p

I like most sports but football is my favourite (first love :) ) Rugby and cricket tend to just follow the national team.

I can even sit through a game of American football ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Argentina were alright, I think their display was overrated, the way they sat back on their lead was just stupid. Yeh, they were good but we haven't really seen anything great from any of the teams yet.

That's what winds me up more than anything with Eriksson :mad:

England trying to defend 1-0 leads, we can't do it, it's not in our nature, keep going forward, we're much better at that, it's cost us in so many big games :mad:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Chime wrote:
    Morning :)

So have watched every game of the World Cup so far :D and now someone has decided to put work in the way :rolleyes: and Dave we're not even going to mention the possibilities due to The Who :eek: :eek: that wasn't part of the plan.

I know, I know...!!! :eek: big screen in the sun though.... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    That's what winds me up more than anything with Eriksson :mad:

England trying to defend 1-0 leads, we can't do it, it's not in our nature, keep going forward, we're much better at that, it's cost us in so many big games :mad:

Paraguay midfielder was slagging off ericksson today for not using gerard in an advanced position. Said they expected gerard to be a major threat and when he was in a more defesive position...he pushed on himself and they got more of the ball and stronger hold of the game. The reason england won't win the world cup is purely down to the manager and his tactics. They have the players but he is shit. But did anyone else notice that mcclaren seemed to be the one working out all the tactics :confused:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Paraguay midfielder was slagging off ericksson today for not using gerard in an advanced position. Said they expected gerard to be a major threat and when he was in a more defesive position...he pushed on himself and they got more of the ball and stronger hold of the game. The reason england won't win the world cup is purely down to the manager and his tactics. They have the players but he is shit. But did anyone else notice that mcclaren seemed to be the one working out all the tactics :confused:

He does restrict us without a doubt but even without him I think we are just one of 5 or 6 teams that CAN win it, who does will come down to how things run out... I wanted Martin O'Neill..... :( :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    He does restrict us without a doubt but even without him I think we are just one of 5 or 6 teams that CAN win it, who does will come down to how things run out... I wanted Martin O'Neill..... :( :o

And he wanted the job :confused:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Afternoon all (just to be different) :)

Well watched all the games also and definitly Holland and Argies were the best. I got Holland at a good price, no-one gave them a chance but I think they might do it.....youthful abandon (but van basten better play Kuyt cause I packed him at 150 - 1 for top scorer :mad: )

Hells, Ireland were very good but just couldn't cope with the power of the all blacks. I think o'gara was found out on saturday. His place kicking was good but everything else.......he was like a little boy playing against men. And as for D'arcy what's happened to him....burst on the scene and done nothing since his injury. O'Driscoll as always was immense...class :D

I was just saying to the missus that I always miss the world cup final cause something comes up........FUCKING OXEGEN :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Well he brought on Kuyt near the end but we didn't see much of him. I'm really quietly fancying them this year. I back Holland every time (not with money but with my heart - awww, how sweet, lol) but there's always soooo much tension in the camp but not this year. They look so relaxed and like they're really enjoying it and look at that forward line :eek: what's not to say about that?

I'm telling ya Al, we HAD them in the 70 minutes... they were looking pretty scared at times. I still knew we wouldn't do it of course :rolleyes: but for a while it was nice to sit there face in hands looking at the scoreline. I don't think O'Gara's too bad (I much prefer Humphrey's in past years though). D'arcy's gone to hell altogether, Horgan was pretty quiet, O'Connell fucked up a few simple passes that looked like they could lead to tries, Stringer was dodgy too (but had a couple of lovely tackles on Rokocoko. I think maybe the season took it out of some of them. Meself and me brother were talking beforehand about O'Driscoll, I was surprised he wasn't booed to be honest because of last years melodrama (let's face it Umaga would have been booed out of the country here), and how he should just shut them up on the pitch... and I think he did that. He's one player to have proven himself against them. But why is Henry so fucking arrogant when it comes to us sending some of the best players to Argentina... I wanted to see ROG against the beautiful Dan Carter :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    UKDave wrote:

Didn't we ALL :rolleyes: :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    And he wanted the job :confused:

I have a soft spot for Boro but I don't rate McClaren.... :(

O'Neill or Allardyce for me...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Argentina have been the best team thus far.. followed by the Dutch.

Dutch full backs are a bit dodgy looking and i think they'll struggle against better teams.. Robben was class though.. Nistelrooy was shit i thought

as for Argentina, sublime defence... and their midfield just needs to get going, more time for Riquelme needs to be made... he was man marked the other night and it showed!... Tevez must be nursing an injury or he would have been on at some point... although Saviola stepped up to the task brilliantly!

worst game so far was England :( ... 1st half good, 2nd half shite.. DO NOT TRY AND PLAY CATENACCIO :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    DO NOT TRY AND PLAY CATENACCIO :(

Precisely, it is an Italian tactic for Italian teams, not an England team managed by a Swede!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Well he brought on Kuyt near the end but we didn't see much of him. I'm really quietly fancying them this year. I back Holland every time (not with money but with my heart - awww, how sweet, lol) but there's always soooo much tension in the camp but not this year. They look so relaxed and like they're really enjoying it and look at that forward line :eek: what's not to say about that?

I'm telling ya Al, we HAD them in the 70 minutes... they were looking pretty scared at times. I still knew we wouldn't do it of course :rolleyes: but for a while it was nice to sit there face in hands looking at the scoreline. I don't think O'Gara's too bad (I much prefer Humphrey's in past years though). D'arcy's gone to hell altogether, Horgan was pretty quiet, O'Connell fucked up a few simple passes that looked like they could lead to tries, Stringer was dodgy too (but had a couple of lovely tackles on Rokocoko. I think maybe the season took it out of some of them. Meself and me brother were talking beforehand about O'Driscoll, I was surprised he wasn't booed to be honest because of last years melodrama (let's face it Umaga would have been booed out of the country here), and how he should just shut them up on the pitch... and I think he did that. He's one player to have proven himself against them. But why is Henry so fucking arrogant when it comes to us sending some of the best players to Argentina... I wanted to see ROG against the beautiful Dan Carter :)

O'Driscoll is our only world class player....O'Connell is close but still not sure :D

Dutch full backs are a bit dodgy looking and i think they'll struggle against better teams.. Robben was class though.. Nistelrooy was shit i thought

as for Argentina, sublime defence... and their midfield just needs to get going, more time for Riquelme needs to be made... he was man marked the other night and it showed!... Tevez must be nursing an injury or he would have been on at some point... although Saviola stepped up to the task brilliantly!

worst game so far was England :( ... 1st half good, 2nd half shite.. DO NOT TRY AND PLAY CATENACCIO :(

I also got great odds on Tevez for top scorer....was surprised he didn't come on also....must be injured. Riquelme showed why I love him and also why he frustrates me. Was sublime in the first half and in the second he just strolled around the park.....he is better than that :( :)
    I need a coffee!

But we all know what he's capable of... any of those three can be the best in the world when they want to be.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    O'Driscoll is our only world class player....O'Connell is close but still not sure :D

Ah come on! O'Connell would make ANY team in the world - I'm not sure O'Driscoll would make the All-Blacks. When he's on top form he's absolutely stunning to watch, but IMO he's not on top form often enough :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    UKDave wrote:
    Precisely, it is an Italian tactic for Italian teams, not an England team managed by a Swede!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

exactamundo :)

10 points for Dave :cool:

But we all know what he's capable of... any of those three can be the best in the world when they want to be.

oh i agree... but on this game he was shit... he's got a touch like an elephant at times... an elephant with elephantitis of the foot on this occasion.. overall the Dutch did look good though :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Irish Al wrote:
    I also got great odds on Tevez for top scorer....was surprised he didn't come on also....must be injured. Riquelme showed why I love him and also why he frustrates me. Was sublime in the first half and in the second he just strolled around the park.....he is better than that :( :)

Tevez is great to watch... he must be nursing a wee knock or strain :(

as for Riquelme... hes my favourite player for Argentina... amazing at times :) reminds me of Hagi a lot
    oh i agree...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dunk agrees?????????? :eek:

*falls over in shock*

:o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Tevez is great to watch... he must be nursing a wee knock or strain :(

as for Riquelme... hes my favourite player for Argentina... amazing at times :) reminds me of Hagi a lot

Haven't seen too much of Tevez but I believe he's class....maybe rafa will sign him for a couple of mill after the world cup...put him up front with crouchy LOL ;):D:D
    I need a coffee!
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dunk agrees?????????? :eek:

*falls over in shock*

:o

Helen falls over :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and not with booze!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Helen falls over :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and not with booze!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who said booze had nothing to do with it? ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Who said booze had nothing to do with it? ;)

Its true I saw hells lying on the side of the road with a bottle of vodka, on my way into work :)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Its true I saw hells lying on the side of the road with a bottle of vodka, on my way into work :)
    Yeh, why didn't ya join me? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yeh, why didn't ya join me? :D

Cause I'm not an alcoholic ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Cause I'm not an alcoholic ;)
    Oh right, well I can see how that might be a problem then :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:

was she doing a Kinga from the last Big Brother :D:D:o
    was she doing a Kinga from the last Big Brother :D:D:o

:eek:

Well if I was, I'm sure Al will be a gentleman and NOT tell :o

Right??? Al?? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Afternoon all :)

Good to see you back Dunk :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles