Astorians with tickets

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Haven't been to see a professional performance in ages, should be fun :D

** twitches in seat... **

** successfully avoids smutty comment **

Phew... ;):D

Did everyone miss VV saying she was lighting her arse..........?!!! :confused::D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hey you guys.. just finished the basics of the Society's blog. My neighbour having given me moral support throughout this (while drinking all my coffee!), her choice of names prevailed. It is also pink because VV likes pink and her world is pink.

Looks like I need to send e-mails to people to 'invite' them. If you want it, please pm me your details.

Still need to figure out how to make a list type of thing to keep all the pieces of the puzzle together (who and what) and to publish that (gonna check the bugs one to see how they did it!).

Still working on it.....
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    i went out and got Sideways to watch a while back based on peoples recommendations and thought it was utter shit... and i've seen Andy Warhol's SLeep movie... and it was probably better than Sleep but only just ;):)

I can't believe you didn't like Sideways. I thought it was hilarious. I think it's a film you need to see twice, as when you first see it the two characters tend to come across as a couple of twats, and it's only nearer the end of the film that you realise how funny they actually are. Still, I could be wrong...everyone to their own.

By the way, have you seen 'Made' - John Favreau and Vince Vaughan - Dunkman?

Edit: Whilst were on the subject - has anyone seen the new Warner Herzog film/documentary called 'Grizzly man'? based on real footage taken by a fella who spent years living with grizzly's in the wilderness. he eventually got eaten by one, along with his girlfriend. It's an amazing film.
    And anyone see 'The Proposition'?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Sideways was horribly over-rated. It's good but it's not as good as everyone said it is. It does make you want to drink wine the whole way through though.

I haven't actually seen DaVinci Code yet so yeah, maybe its not as bad as folk are saying it is. I think Demons and Angels is a much better novel than DaVinci.

Helen...Brick is pretty cool. It's a little bit disjointed in parts but it's really clever what they're trying to do. It's like an old style black and white detective movie set in a modern day high school. Some of the characters could have done with a little more development I felt but it's one of the few good films I've seen so far this year
    I don't know what I felt about sideways - still don't after seeing it a couple of times! I think I kinda enjoyed it. The last half hour or so was brilliant and I think it's worth sticking through the rest of it to get to that... I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm actually not a fan of Brad at all :o for some reason. Lol, I don't mind subtitles actually but I dunno why I've never seen any of his. Motorcycle diaries looks great. Have you seen Maria full of grace??? That's another brilliant film

I'm not a huge Brad fan. Apparently the film is called 'Babel' (for redrock) :)

Yeah I've seen it. Really good film. Took months for me to receive through my DVD rental scheme. Also seen The Beat that My Heart Skipped (French film) recently and that was good.

Motorcycle Diaries has amazing scenery (and no I'm not talking about the men :rolleyes: ) how they managed to get permission to film Macchu Picchu with no one there ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I don't know what I felt about sideways - still don't after seeing it a couple of times! I think I kinda enjoyed it. The last half hour or so was brilliant and I think it's worth sticking through the rest of it to get to that... I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone though.

Which one was Sideways... the two guys on the wine tasting stag trip..?

Thought that was pretty lame myself.... :rolleyes:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    redrock wrote:
    Hey you guys.. just finished the basics of the Society's blog. My neighbour having given me moral support throughout this (while drinking all my coffee!), her choice of names prevailed. It is also pink because VV likes pink and her world is pink.

Looks like I need to send e-mails to people to 'invite' them. If you want it, please pm me your details.

Still need to figure out how to make a list type of thing to keep all the pieces of the puzzle together (who and what) and to publish that (gonna check the bugs one to see how they did it!).

Still working on it.....

I'm in! Sending you details right about now :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:

Yeah I've seen it. Really good film. Took months for me to receive through my DVD rental scheme. Also seen The Beat that My Heart Skipped (French film) recently and that was good.

Motorcycle Diaries has amazing scenery (and no I'm not talking about the men :rolleyes: ) how they managed to get permission to film Macchu Picchu with no one there ...
    ah another non-Brad fan :) there aren't many of us out there. I dunno, just think he has a bit of a monkey jaw or something :o . Not a popular opinion though - as an actor he's alright though. Never heard of that french one - have city of God at home which I haven't got around to watching yet :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I'm being all educated tonight and going to the Theatre :cool:

Haven't been to see a professional performance in ages, should be fun :D

Went to the theatre last night and it was definately fun :D

Going next Monday aswell. Means probably won't go again for the rest of the year though :rolleyes:
    UKDave wrote:
    Which one was Sideways... the two guys on the wine tasting stag trip..?

Thought that was pretty lame myself.... :rolleyes:

Yep, it was that one. Did you not think the end was good though?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yep, it was that one. Did you not think the end was good though?

It definately picked up at the end and I was holding out but my lady friend had lost interest (in the film, I hasten to add) by that point...

There were a couple of really funny bits but it was sooooo slow early on... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Chime wrote:
    Went to the theatre last night and it was definately fun :D

Going next Monday aswell. Means probably won't go again for the rest of the year though :rolleyes:

I dunno if I've ever been to the theatre :o

Been to a ballet (well it was on ice, does that count?) And went to the opera - cos I felt like I had to when I was in Italy - but that was absolutely fucking amazing. I was almost crying when yer man sang nessun dorma :o It was lovely - open air on a lake in the place where Puccini was born :o but I don't think I've ever been to the theatre :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    ah another non-Brad fan :) there aren't many of us out there. I dunno, just think he has a bit of a monkey jaw or something :o . Not a popular opinion though - as an actor he's alright though. Never heard of that french one - have city of God at home which I haven't got around to watching yet :o

Seen as I had to go on Amazon to bump Breakfast on Pluto up my list here is a link to The Beat ... so you can see what it's about :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000C05YGI/ref=rent_hist/203-0154606-7810328?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Re theatre I only started going semi regularaly in the last couple of years. Figure while in London I should take advantage (plus I walk past the National Theatre on the way to / from work) have seen about three operas (one at Glyndebourne... amazing place) and only one ballet (an adaptation of Edward Scissorhands :D )
    UKDave wrote:
    It definately picked up at the end and I was holding out but my lady friend had lost interest (in the film, I hasten to add) by that point...

There were a couple of really funny bits but it was sooooo slow early on... :o

ah yeh, I'd agree - I liked it though, I think. They were just such fucking eejits! But the funny bits were really funny!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    Seen as I had to go on Amazon to bump Breakfast on Pluto up my list here is a link to The Beat ... so you can see what it's about :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000C05YGI/ref=rent_hist/203-0154606-7810328?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Hmm... sounds pretty good! Dunno how I haven't heard of it :o

Has anyone seen Tsotsi??? I kinda wanted to see it but dunno how to pronounce it so that's put me off a bit :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

I'm definitely not a Brad fan. I can't understand all the fuss over him. :confused: He's an ok actor I guess but nothing special

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    ah yeh, I'd agree - I liked it though, I think. They were just such fucking eejits! But the funny bits were really funny!

Oh yeah real crease up moments it was just a challenge staying with it... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    I dunno if I've ever been to the theatre :o

Been to a ballet (well it was on ice, does that count?) And went to the opera - cos I felt like I had to when I was in Italy - but that was absolutely fucking amazing. I was almost crying when yer man sang nessun dorma :o It was lovely - open air on a lake in the place where Puccini was born :o but I don't think I've ever been to the theatre :confused:

You should go Helen, I love the theatre. Live stage work separates the good actors from the bad for a start. :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Hmm... sounds pretty good! Dunno how I haven't heard of it :o

Has anyone seen Tsotsi??? I kinda wanted to see it but dunno how to pronounce it so that's put me off a bit :o

I have that on my list aswell so if anyone has seen it would also be interested.

Know you didn't say you were on opera fan :o (neither am I) but there is something amazing about hearing opera up close ... anyway ... point was I know it's a little way from Dublin but Wexford has on opera festival every year. Think in Oct or Nov ...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm definitely not a Brad fan. I can't understand all the fuss over him. :confused: He's an ok actor I guess but nothing special

His bod.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I can't believe you didn't like Sideways. I thought it was hilarious. I think it's a film you need to see twice, as when you first see it the two characters tend to come across as a couple of twats, and it's only nearer the end of the film that you realise how funny they actually are. Still, I could be wrong...everyone to their own.

By the way, have you seen 'Made' - John Favreau and Vince Vaughan - Dunkman?

Edit: Whilst were on the subject - has anyone seen the new Warner Herzog film/documentary called 'Grizzly man'? based on real footage taken by a fella who spent years living with grizzly's in the wilderness. he eventually got eaten by one, along with his girlfriend. It's an amazing film.
    And anyone see 'The Proposition'?

byrnzie.. i have to admit i struggled to watch it once, never mind twice... i didnt laugh once... i maybe smirked a bit ... but not laugh... i thought it was just not good.. i sat it out until then end but it was so close to joining my list of films i couldnt even sit through till the end.. The one with Tom Cruise talking about love for the cock in that Paul Thomas Anderson film... ehh...M something... memory has gone!! what the fuck is it called

the Grizzly Man film looks very interesting though... i definitley want to see it :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    You should go Helen, I love the theatre. Live stage work separates the good actors from the bad for a start. :D

chime wrote:
    Re theatre I only started going semi regularaly in the last couple of years. Figure while in London I should take advantage (plus I walk past the National Theatre on the way to / from work)

Ok, I must give it a go then - although I'm sure I've been, I just can't think. I woulda liked to see stuff in London when I was over there... and I suppose living in Dublin, we have a few good playwrites... lol, the only ones I can think of are sporting ones... about Munster (alone it stands) and Roy Keane (I Keano) :D . They're probably the two biggest.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    I have that on my list aswell so if anyone has seen it would also be interested.

Know you didn't say you were on opera fan :o (neither am I) but there is something amazing about hearing opera up close ... anyway ... point was I know it's a little way from Dublin but Wexford has on opera festival every year. Think in Oct or Nov ...

I actually do kinda like opera - I have a couple of compilation albums and Andrea Bocceli and stuff like that and it's great to chill too. but yeh, actually SEEING it was pretty cool. Cos my friends father was big into opera and got us brilliant seats and was able to tell me what was going on at appropriate times.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    The one with Tom Cruise talking about love for the cock in that Paul Thomas Anderson film... ehh...M something... memory has gone!! what the fuck is it called

:confused: Huhhh????????????
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :confused: Huhhh????????????

I think he means Magnolia ...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    the Grizzly Man film looks very interesting though... i definitley want to see it :)

I'll send you a copy tomorrow! It's a strange one. I saw it and kind of thought, wow, that was pretty intense/interesting, but didn't think it really had any effect on me. Although 3 weeks later I was still thinking about it.
    Chime wrote:
    I think he means Magnolia ...

Oh i never saw that so that would explain that :D

I think Tom needs to stick to the brain dead stuff that everyone loves: Top gun; cocktail; Jerry Maguire, etc.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Mornin' folks. Haven't been around this neck of the woods for a while and no idea what's going on around here, although I gather there's some reminiscing going on this evening. Don't think I'll be around but here's my contribution. enjoy:

Heya, thanks for them :)

I'm amazed how ANYONE managed to take pictures in that crush. I tried to put my hand in my pocket once to make sure that girl behind me hadn't robbed me - I gave up after about ten minutes :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    lighting to start shortly !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!