Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hmm.. the raconteurs - I think I only heard one of their songs. Wasn't overly impressed :o

Snow Patrol - only really like Run from them

Wolfmother - got that a couple of weeks ago and quite like the first few tracks.

Jose Gonzales didn't really do it for me - I loved heartbeats but I found the whole album to sound exactly like it.

Yeh, I'm in a fussy mood :o

Hmm... the kooks have been mentioned once or twice, haven't they?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    V V wrote:
    ooOOoo i'm likein wolfmother been meaning to look them up :D very ledzep like !

on a blues note, how about The BlackKeys HH u like them ??

Oh like Blues :) Never heard of them. I don't listen to the radio so I don't really know many new bands.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

oh does anyone have any good recommendations for a cd to buy??? Nothing too weird - I just want something nice and easy to listen to, maybe something like razorlight... I'm in the mood for that kinda stuff.

How about Neil Youngs new one - Living with war
    Or Bruce Springsteens The Seeger sessions, which is brilliant.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:
    i have no idea about that !
    but I know a Danmac who nrly came to the Astoria on a wim with me :D;)

if that is the same guy , then damn and bugger he didnt come along !! lol

He said he was going to Dublin. Danmac - speak up!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    If it was 'with motion', it wouldn't be little!

no i was meaning Stationary... she spelled it wrong... :o

shes ordering stuff that doesnt have any motion... whereas a desk tidy can move if its on one of those wee discy spinny things
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    How about Neil Youngs new one - Living with war
    Or Bruce Springsteens The Seeger sessions, which is brilliant??

I've yet to get into Neil Young... and I love the classic Bruce stuff but I'm not so sure I'd like that stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

shes ordering stuff that doesnt have any motion... whereas a desk tidy can move if its on one of those wee discy spinny things

Aahhh... two subtel four me at the momant! :D

PS - I've never seen a spinny desk tidy!
    Hmm.. the raconteurs - I think I only heard one of their songs. Wasn't overly impressed :o

Snow Patrol - only really like Run from them

Wolfmother - got that a couple of weeks ago and quite like the first few tracks.

Jose Gonzales didn't really do it for me - I loved heartbeats but I found the whole album to sound exactly like it.

Yeh, I'm in a fussy mood :o

Hmm... the kooks have been mentioned once or twice, haven't they?

are you waiting for me to recommend an Irish only singer/band :rolleyes:

you fucking better own both Kings of Leon albums as well as Arcade Fire - Funeral... if not then buy them.... they are better than most sexual things i can think off right now.. especially coprophilia :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

Yes dunk, your intelligence yet again amazes us all of us :rolleyes:

I never realised the message pit came complete with a spell check :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Love Neil Young - haven't heard his new one yet though.
    are you waiting for me to recommend an Irish only singer/band :rolleyes:

you fucking better own both Kings of Leon albums as well as Arcade Fire - Funeral... if not then buy them.... they are better than most sexual things i can think off right now.. especially coprophilia :o

No I don't own kings of leon - which one should i get then. I just want somebody to tell me which ONE cd to buy :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    redrock wrote:
    He said he was going to Dublin. Danmac - speak up!

Hey hey that's me! I think the sensitive Americans got the thread closed. SO i copy and pasted everything I put in it and put in the other thread about the crap crowds over there!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=192616&page=1

Hey V V, how the devil are you? Still doing dublin?
    If id have followed that whim, id have been broke for the 10c tix for the Euro tour. Every cloud and all that!
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
    redrock wrote:
    PS - I've never seen a spinny desk tidy!

well then you've never truly lived... although pre-marriage days it sounds as if you at least tried your best ;)
    I've yet to get into Neil Young... and I love the classic Bruce stuff but I'm not so sure I'd like that stuff.

Trust me, it's fucking excellent. He really lets himself go on it.

P.s, have you heard 500 miles yet?????????????????????????????
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Yeh, you'll find we won't be hearing much more of dunky :)

I got a new desk tidy :) . It's lovely - I love ordering stationary :)

dunky exploded!! :eek: did someone put him back together again then...?

dunk - you do know that makes you Humpty Dumpty... :p ... oh, hang on, they couldn't fix him could they.... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    well then you've never truly lived... although pre-marriage days it sounds as if you at least tried your best ;)
    Yeah, maybe but I didn't have a spinny desk tidy! My youth was wasted and I will never be able to turn back time!!!!
    No I don't own kings of leon - which one should i get then. I just want somebody to tell me which ONE cd to buy :)

KOL 2nd album is a thing of wonderous beauty.. it has maybe 2 or 3 slowies on it (one of them is very bluesy) and the rest are just tuneful rockers!!

i love the KOL... :) my 3rd favey-wavey-davey band in the whole wild world.. after PJ and Beatles obviously..
    UKDave wrote:

dunk - you do know that makes you Humpty Dumpty... :p ... oh, hang on, they couldn't fix him could they.... ;)

He's like the guy in terminator - gets blown to bits but all the little bits flow back into one big bit!

If just one... Aha Shake Heartbreak... definately.... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:

its ok Dave... thankful i have the same genetic make up as Jelly or that fancy terminator thingy in Terminator 2.. i forget which... anyway i glooped myself back together again...

it was due mainly to Hellsy's obsession with garlic fuddball or whatever it was... but i'm ok

not one of you buggers cared though :(
    UKDave wrote:

Shouldn't that be Humpty Dunky?
    its ok Dave... thankful i have the same genetic make up as Jelly or that fancy terminator thingy in Terminator 2.. i forget which... anyway i glooped myself back together again...

it was due mainly to Hellsy's obsession with garlic fuddball or whatever it was... but i'm ok

not one of you buggers cared though :(

I did mate, just wasn't here at the time... god interviewing is boring... :(

That last one felt like the ent (tree) conversation in the Rings trilogy...
    and he was that bad in the testings that 3 out of 5 test results came out as invalid........ :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    redrock wrote:
    Yeah, maybe but I didn't have a spinny desk tidy! My youth was wasted and I will never be able to turn back time!!!!

actually if you spin the desk tidy fast enough it can indeed turn back time.. centrifugal forces and all that ..... just like how Superman did it in that film..."The Man in The Red & Blue Pyjamas"

are you Cher?

ooooohhhh If I Could Turn Back Time :)

ps wear that outfit to Dublin as well....but no straddling of gun turrets please :)
    actually if you spin the desk tidy fast enough it can indeed turn back time.. centrifugal forces and all that ..... just like how Superman did it in that film..."The Man in The Red & Blue Pyjamas"

are you Cher?

ooooohhhh If I Could Turn Back Time :)

ps wear that outfit to Dublin as well....but no straddling of gun turrets please :)

I'll need a bit more surgery before Dublin then. Quick - book the surgeon!
    UKDave wrote:
    ... god interviewing is boring...

so you must be Gods boss... how omnipotent is Dave... use your powers to get the Astoria boot then!!!
    KOL 2nd album is a thing of wonderous beauty.. it has maybe 2 or 3 slowies on it (one of them is very bluesy) and the rest are just tuneful rockers!!

i love the KOL... :) my 3rd favey-wavey-davey band in the whole wild world.. after PJ and Beatles obviously..

Does it have a name or is it called 'second album'?????

So tuneful rockers, eh??? Along the lines of..... ???

Lol, dave I don't think i'll be taking your advice but thanks anyway :) . Yeh, I'm not quite sure why dunk is still here though :confused: . byrnzie, no I haven't heard it yet and may not get to hear it either. I'm just being honest and saying it's too much trouble :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Shouldn't that be Humpty Dunky?

:D:D:D ...oooh that was a nice distraction... rather attractive new colleague stretching and bending over someone else's desk to give me a nice view... first time it was side on but that was definately pointing right at me... think that's a come on.......? ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    spin the desk tidy

Lol, that reminds me of a song pj had once :D and I have suddenly gone tears in my eyes hysterical at that thought

spin the desk tidy :D:D:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    UKDave wrote:
    :D:D:D ...oooh that was a nice distraction... rather attractive new colleague stretching and bending over someone else's desk to give me a nice view... first time it was side on but that was definately pointing right at me... think that's a come on.......? ;)

She could have been letting one rip...;-)
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:

were you involved in her interview process? :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?