Astorians with tickets

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are FLAC files? How are they different to MP3?

Thankies Chime :D

FLAC are lossless audio... basically means they are as good as CD you buy instore

MP3 are compressed format.

i have pretty good hearing especially being a bit of musical purist (a.k.a.. technical geek) and i find it very difficult to tell the difference.. i spent a fortune on headphones and stuff and MP3's tend just to be a bit quieter than FLAC... the quality is neither here nor there... same as Jpegs and Tiffs :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are FLAC files? How are they different to MP3?

Thankies Chime :D

Think Dunk will be better at explaining this :( (EDIT: :D:D:D) I'm pretty ignorant aswell but understand the quality is better.

There is also this discussion on The Porch about the same thing

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190423
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

p.s. i've had 1 bottle of red so far.. and my only other option is to drink the remnants of the cider in the fridge... anyone else drinking??

I take it a nice mug of tea doesn't count :confused:;)
    Chime wrote:
    I take it a nice mug of tea doesn't count :confused:;)

of course it does :)

we're talking Long Island Ice Tea right???

EDIT: oooohhhh man... Present Tense!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    good evening all! How's everyone doin' tonight
    i'm chillin' out listening to Toronto 1, it sounds great!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

good evening all! How's everyone doin' tonight
    i'm chillin' out listening to Toronto 1, it sounds great!

Evening :)

When did you give up waiting for it last night :confused:
    Chime wrote:

aye... werent you up till 4am or something :eek:
    Chime wrote:

it was just approaching 5am when i decided to go to bed. I was so fed up because i was realllllllly looking forward to the boot. But its playing now so it's all good!

Do we all have the boot then?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    i'm cool thanks Stoney... i'm even cooler with the knowledge that Dave isnt here and its just lil' ol' me with 2 very nice ladies.. ;)

ha ha Dave... ;)

p.s. i've had 1 bottle of red so far.. and my only other option is to drink the remnants of the cider in the fridge... anyone else drinking??

;) You are one lucky man Dunk :D

I'm drinking water as was out last night and was rather pissed :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    it was just approaching 5am when i decided to go to bed. I was so fed up because i was realllllllly looking forward to the boot. But its playing now so it's all good!

:eek: That's dedication for ya :)

Na I don't have the boot. I'm letting you guy's test drive it ;)
    i'm cool thanks Stoney... i'm even cooler with the knowledge that Dave isnt here and its just lil' ol' me with 2 very nice ladies.. ;)
    why the hell are you sat on the computer then???

yes i do... i needed it to complete my "live at the astoria" fake boot i'm doing!!

i have live version of all the songs that were played now :cool:

tiny pics huh? and the Gorge boot had about 13 pics.. toronto has 3!!!!

toronto is a bugger to spell... i keep doing Tonto or Toronoto
    FLAC are lossless audio... basically means they are as good as CD you buy instore

MP3 are compressed format.

i have pretty good hearing especially being a bit of musical purist (a.k.a.. technical geek) and i find it very difficult to tell the difference.. i spent a fortune on headphones and stuff and MP3's tend just to be a bit quieter than FLAC... the quality is neither here nor there... same as Jpegs and Tiffs :)

Ah well in that case I'll take the MP3 format of the Plaza. *goes off in search of link* :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles

Is that the bottle of wine though ;)
    yes i do... i needed it to complete my "live at the astoria" fake boot i'm doing!!

i have live version of all the songs that were played now :cool:

tiny pics huh? and the Gorge boot had about 13 pics.. toronto has 3!!!!

yeah 3 pics isn't brilliant, but they're still good to have! I can't bring myself to bitch about anything because i'm so darn happy! So much going on in the world of PJ!

I just PM'd you, Chime!

why the hell are you sat on the computer then???

sitting is the most comfy position for me when you consider the treatment i am currently receiving ;););)

ohhhhh here we go again :rolleyes:
    sitting is the most comfy position for me when you consider the treatment i am currently receiving ;););)

haha, say no more.
    So......you're currently receiving what kind of treatment???

yeah 3 pics isn't brilliant, but they're still good to have! I can't bring myself to bitch about anything because i'm so darn happy! So much going on in the world of PJ!

I just PM'd you, Chime!

my thoughts exactly... i see we agreed on the "poor quality of Toronototoonono boots" thread

i'm more than happy just receiving mp3's of gigs... the pics, labels, artwork, etc is all just a huge bonus!!

i think the artwork is pretty nice stuff!!

Dunky Dunky never far away is it ;)
    Chime wrote:
    Is that the bottle of wine though ;)

yeah probably is :)

Wed night was murder... i just couldnt type... tiredness and drunk at same time.

man.... inside job just came on... sounds amazing live so far!!!

ohhh man this is beautiful!!! song comes alive when played...erm...live :)

LMAO :D Thought we'd be safe tonight but obviously not! ;):D

I can't find link!!!!!!! Does someone have a link to send me please? Pretty please *flutters eyelashes*

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:
    Dunky Dunky never far away is it ;)

its always in front of me Chime... unless i'm re-enacting that scene from silence of the lambs...:eek:

I like a man who has a way with words ;):):p

Like Ed's dealing with the 'Drop the Leash' chants at IP. Do you think he is going to have a retort ready for every gig?
    yeah probably is :)

Wed night was murder... i just couldnt type... tiredness and drunk at same time.

man.... inside job just came on... sounds amazing live so far!!!

eloquently put! i'm only up to even flow...."toronto...mike mccready" and the crowd goes wild!

LMAO :D Thought we'd be safe tonight but obviously not! ;):D

I can't find link!!!!!!! Does someone have a link to send me please? Pretty please *flutters eyelashes*

i know... i struggle to contain myself with smut talk and innuendo.. even the word innuendo makes me giggle.. it sounds like in-your-end-hole

i'm mentally aged 14 :o

http://www.youkanfakoff.com (true name not me taking the piss)

this is the irving plaza bootleg but it is FLAC only... and you need some kind of FLAC converter to listen to them... took ages for my download!!
    Woo!! It's finished dl'ing and it's amazing. I feel very privilaged and honoured to have been at the show where they played some of the new songs for the first time. Great experience, helped by the great people also there.

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Woo!! It's finished dl'ing and it's amazing. I feel very privilaged and honoured to have been at the show where they played some of the new songs for the first time. Great experience, helped by the great people also there.

at last you've updated the sig... Dublin is first in your Euro tour... i'm so jealous :mad: you seeing all those shows..

i too feel honoured to have been at the astoria.... :)
    i know... i struggle to contain myself with smut talk and innuendo.. even the word innuendo makes me giggle.. it sounds like in-your-end-hole

i'm mentally aged 14 :o

http://www.youkanfakoff.com (true name not me taking the piss)

this is the irving plaza bootleg but it is FLAC only... and you need some kind of FLAC converter to listen to them... took ages for my download!!

Ah in that case it's no good then. I have no convertor thing, at least I don't believe I do. :confused: Thanks anyway :)

Innuendo is a strange word indeed :D

Rockin' out to Creadles

WoooT. Some interesting chats between the dlers :p

Closest we're going to get to an Astoria dl for a while. Still fingers crossed for Dunk's mission :)
    Chime wrote:
    I like a man who has a way with words ;):):p

Like Ed's dealing with the 'Drop the Leash' chants at IP. Do you think he is going to have a retort ready for every gig?

i hope so... Leash is a great song but i can think of 60 others i'd rather hear! :o

I listened to what he said... i like the comment from Astoria gig best so far :)