Options

The Battle of Arnhem 29.09.06

Comments

• Options
    Anyone going to the Feyenoord game on the 27th in Rotterdam? I'm planning to go and I still need tickets. Is it difficult to get tickets outside the stadium? If so, how do you recommend I get tickets?

This trip is getting better every minute. Arrive in Amsterdam on the 26th. See the Feyenoord match on the 27th. See Radiohead on the 28th. See the jams on the 29th and 30th. I'm walking on clouds at this point. When I set foot across the pond, the ground will tremble with my presence. Sometimes seen a strange spot in the sky, it's a human being that was given to fly.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Anyone going to the Feyenoord game on the 27th in Rotterdam? I'm planning to go and I still need tickets. Is it difficult to get tickets outside the stadium? If so, how do you recommend I get tickets?

This trip is getting better every minute. Arrive in Amsterdam on the 26th. See the Feyenoord match on the 27th. See Radiohead on the 28th. See the jams on the 29th and 30th. I'm walking on clouds at this point. When I set foot across the pond, the ground will tremble with my presence. Sometimes seen a strange spot in the sky, it's a human being that was given to fly.

The 28th to the 30th is going to be insane with Radiohead and PJ x2! I am already having trouble sleeping!

Less than 2 weeks away!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Obi Once wrote:

thanks for this.
    I may need 1 ticket, since I cannot find mine!!! :eek:
    But i understand no dutch...
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Buru wrote:
    thanks for this.
    I may need 1 ticket, since I cannot find mine!!! :eek:
    But i understand no dutch...

That blows. If worst comes to worst... ticketmaster.nl still has plenty of tickets available.

"IamFarFromGlorified"-Josh- Are we planning to meet up before/after Radiohead on the 28th???

I went to a festival earlier this year but this is stand alone European concert, do people tailgate before the show? What's the deal ARNHEM!!??
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Yeah Mon, that's the plan. I'll stay connected over the net so we can meet up. I have an issue, I still haven't received my Radiohead ticket in the mail yet. I talked to the seller's father since he lives 20 minutes from me stateside and his daughter (in London) will refund my money if I don't get it in time. Fair enough, but that doesn't account for all of the lost time I could've used to find another ticket. Anyhow, I might be on the outside looking in if I don't get my ticket by the 25th, but I'm still planning to go to the venue to see if I can buy one there...may the force be with me.

Apparently, Feyenoord is a tough ticket due to hooligan issues. I guess rock fights went out of style. I may ditch that match and head to the Breda/Ajax match instead. My resources tell me I'm more likely to come across an extra ticket there.

Otherwise, I may have accomodation issues because I haven't made any reservations for this trip. My gameplan so far is to roll with fate leading my footsteps. My resources tell me I could end up on the outside looking in when it comes to finding a place to rest my melon during my travels. What do you think? I'm hoping Amsterdam and Brussels should not be a problem. Arnhem and Antwerp could bite me in the ass.

If anyone out there cares to help a brother out, I won't deny free advice.
    Jammin909 wrote:
    That blows. If worst comes to worst... ticketmaster.nl still has plenty of tickets available.

"IamFarFromGlorified"-Josh- Are we planning to meet up before/after Radiohead on the 28th???

I went to a festival earlier this year but this is stand alone European concert, do people tailgate before the show? What's the deal ARNHEM!!??
  • Options
    daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    Yeah Mon, that's the plan. I'll stay connected over the net so we can meet up. I have an issue, I still haven't received my Radiohead ticket in the mail yet. I talked to the seller's father since he lives 20 minutes from me stateside and his daughter (in London) will refund my money if I don't get it in time. Fair enough, but that doesn't account for all of the lost time I could've used to find another ticket. Anyhow, I might be on the outside looking in if I don't get my ticket by the 25th, but I'm still planning to go to the venue to see if I can buy one there...may the force be with me.

Apparently, Feyenoord is a tough ticket due to hooligan issues. I guess rock fights went out of style. I may ditch that match and head to the Breda/Ajax match instead. My resources tell me I'm more likely to come across an extra ticket there.

Otherwise, I may have accomodation issues because I haven't made any reservations for this trip. My gameplan so far is to roll with fate leading my footsteps. My resources tell me I could end up on the outside looking in when it comes to finding a place to rest my melon during my travels. What do you think? I'm hoping Amsterdam and Brussels should not be a problem. Arnhem and Antwerp could bite me in the ass.

If anyone out there cares to help a brother out, I won't deny free advice.

antwerp not a problem either. lots of places to stay. arnhem is probably a problem for u..they might have last trains going to amsterdam or at least utrecht after the show. in both these towns there are plenty of hotels.

Getting a ticket for Breda/ajax might not be as easy as u think. getting tickets to any football game is hard here in holland. u need a supporterpass to get in, unless they have spare at the gate on the night of the game and with a game against Ajax the home venue ussually sells out. but its worth the try ofcourse (although i never would go there, being a PSV eindhoven fan).
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Options
    daanarts wrote:
    antwerp not a problem either. lots of places to stay. arnhem is probably a problem for u..they might have last trains going to amsterdam or at least utrecht after the show. in both these towns there are plenty of hotels.

Getting a ticket for Breda/ajax might not be as easy as u think. getting tickets to any football game is hard here in holland. u need a supporterpass to get in, unless they have spare at the gate on the night of the game and with a game against Ajax the home venue ussually sells out. but its worth the try ofcourse (although i never would go there, being a PSV eindhoven fan).

Thanks for the good word. Any chance you can get me a PSV Eindhoven ticket to the Twente Enschede match? It's a bit of a trek from Amsterdam, but I'm willing to sacrifice some time on the train to see a match in Holland. Plus, I prefer to see my boy Beasley put a ball in the back of the net. Any suggestions on where to get a ticket to that Eindhoven match?
  • Options
    daanarts wrote:

Anyone want to help me out with finding the appropriate request forms and email addresses for getting tickets as a foreign visitor to Twente Enschede and NAC Breda games? Feyenoord has a special form and email address. I submitted it but haven't heard anything back since. The Twente Enschede and NAC Breda websites are written in Dutch so I can't find my way to the appropriate information. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Doors open in 7 days, 4 hours and 26 minutes...
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    As much as I've tried, I haven't been able to allocate a single ticket to the following soccer matches on August 27th:

Feyenoord/Almelo
    Breda/Ajax
    Twente Enschede/PSV Eindhoven

I've emailed the clubs, ticket brokers, and even hotel concierges...nothing. I just want to see one Dutch match in my lifetime and who knows when I'll return. I may go for broke and try to get an extra ticket from a fan outside De Kulp Stadium for the Feyenoord game. Is this an absolute waste of my time? What are my chances of getting a ticket? 1%? 25%? 50%?
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    As much as I've tried, I haven't been able to allocate a single ticket to the following soccer matches on August 27th:

Feyenoord/Almelo
    Breda/Ajax

I've emailed the clubs, ticket brokers, and even hotel concierges...nothing. I just want to see one Dutch match in my lifetime and who knows when I'll return. I may go for broke and try to get an extra ticket from a fan outside De Kulp Stadium for the Feyenoord game. Is this an absolute waste of my time? What are my chances of getting a ticket? 1%? 25%? 50%?

soccer game sounds like a blast... I never even thought about it!
    If you find a place selling tickets, let me know if they have some extras. :)
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options

Feyenoord/Almelo
    Breda/Ajax

from a fan no change.. but a chance u have at the day ticket office at the stadium. If they have that in rotterdam, I know they do in eindhoven. u could call mail the club that. and ask if u can buy tickets without a ClubCard on the day of the match. Thats your only chance
  • Options
    daanarts wrote:
    from a fan no change.. but a chance u have at the day ticket office at the stadium. If they have that in rotterdam, I know they do in eindhoven. u could call mail the club that. and ask if u can buy tickets without a ClubCard on the day of the match. Thats your only chance

While Feyenoord seems very friendly to fans from abroad if you look at the website, the damn email address bounces back. I've sent about 5 emails from various accounts to Feyenoord (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@feyenoord.nl">support@feyenoord.nl</a><!-- e -->), but there must be a problem with that email account because I get a bounceback every time.

Since I'm not likely to get tickets to a game, where should I watch the Ajax/Breda game in Amsterdam? Which pub/bar will have the most exciting crowd?
  • Options
    ellroyellroy Posts: 39
    only 6 day's to go. im ready to be rocked from the guys of pj, the openingact is also pretty awsome wolfmother just saw them at the lowlandsfestival. man they rock
    its evolution baby!!!
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    While Feyenoord seems very friendly to fans from abroad if you look at the website, the damn email address bounces back. I've sent about 5 emails from various accounts to Feyenoord (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@feyenoord.nl">support@feyenoord.nl</a><!-- e -->), but there must be a problem with that email account because I get a bounceback every time.

Since I'm not likely to get tickets to a game, where should I watch the Ajax/Breda game in Amsterdam? Which pub/bar will have the most exciting crowd?

I still think this is a great question... anybody?
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    Schmakt wrote:

no idea. but just walk around and look for an irish pub or ask around when u get there.
  • Options
    Great news, I received my Radiohead ticket in the mail today...and I'm departing tomorrow. Everything is falling into place: Radiohead in the Dam, Jams on your face in Arnhem, Jams on your face in Antwerp...now, if I can only get a ticket to a Dutch soccer match. Maybe I'll have better fortunes once I arrive.
  • Options
    julischjulisch Posts: 34
    i'm departing to holland tomorrow, i'm very excited-listening to nothing but the new album in the past couple of days-see you guys at the concert!!!
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Schmakt wrote:
    Check a pub on Leidscheplein, there's one on the corner next to Melkweg (venue) that airs most games, watched a game there during the World Championship
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    I'm coming too to Arnhem on thuesday..... Finally.... i've waited so long
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I expect Eddie and co. to blow up Arnhem with an extra special show for Dutch and other lucky fans!!! It won't be Pinkpop 3 so they could play an astonishing set of 30 songs or above!!! Still cannot believe it's just few days till this miracle!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Could you guys tell me please how much is a train trip from Amsterdam to Antwerpen? And how do I get to Italiei from Berchen station??? thanx
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    meddimeddi Posts: 2
    another question:
    on the tickets, it is written that the show`s gonna start at 19:30. does that mean PJ starts playing at 19:30, or does it include wolfmother, so that Pj plays later?
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Can't wait for this show! I'll be there with a big tricolour wrapped around my shoulders :D
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    meddi wrote:
    another question:
    on the tickets, it is written that the show`s gonna start at 19:30. does that mean PJ starts playing at 19:30, or does it include wolfmother, so that Pj plays later?

That includes Wolfmother... So, PJ will probably be on around 20:30 - 20:45 - hopefully playing until at least 23:00 :)
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    meddimeddi Posts: 2
    all right, thx for the fast answer =)
  • Options
    Helloooooo, i'll be wearing probably (am I writing this correct?) my Pearl Jam Binaural T-shit... I'm sitting on the left side (faced against stage), entrance P (East side) row 9.... I'm looking forward to it!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Could you guys tell me please how much is a train trip from Amsterdam to Antwerpen? And how do I get to Italiei from Berchen station??? thanx

No prices are shown om the site, check http://www.ns.nl.
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Only a day to go and this thread is on page 2!

I'm about to leave Scotland for Dutch soil in a few hours. To keep up trends.....I'll be wearing a skirt, down the front and probably a wee bit drunk!
  • Options
    No prices are shown om the site, check http://www.ns.nl.

When I went to the Alice IN Chains show in Goffert Park... NS put on extra trains to get people back to AMsterdam... will they do they same? Is there anyway to find that out for definate before the gig, cos otherwise it could be tight getting back to the station for 00:12 to make it back for work the next day....