Options

The Battle of Arnhem 29.09.06

Comments

• Options
    I have lots of tickets... but I couldn't help checking ticketmaster... looks like they're pretty easy to get.

yeah, but i think there's only seats available now.

I was at the post office at 8 this morning, expexting lots of people, there was no one. When i got back 15 minutes to ten, i was fifth in line. not really a battle for tix.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick.
  • Options
    Yeah I cycled past the wee booth at Leidseplein... there was a few people, but not the sea of PJ fans I expected... I think some of them were just Oma's there for the keukenhof. Either that or eddie is getting an older following.
  • Options
    gvmgvm Posts: 4
    Got tickets too for Arnhem via Ticketmaster. Was pretty easy to get them. Seems they have some good IT people in Holland who know how to handle such mass visits to websites :-)
  • Options
    Yeah I cycled past the wee booth at Leidseplein... there was a few people, but not the sea of PJ fans I expected... I think some of them were just Oma's there for the keukenhof. Either that or eddie is getting an older following.

Hehe, well didn't i see some people complaining about ed's age showing off? Maybe they're not the only one's who noticed, and some oma's may see oppertunity's rising :D

Philip K. Dick.
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    gvm wrote:
    Got tickets too for Arnhem via Ticketmaster. Was pretty easy to get them. Seems they have some good IT people in Holland who know how to handle such mass visits to websites :-)

How strange. I tried online just in case some of my friends didn't succeed but for 30 minutes all I got was "too many users - try again in a couple of minutes".

Ah well, I think my friends got their tickets anyway!

Oma's for the Keukenhof! Hahahahahahahahaha :)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    It could be quite a fight.... grunge heads in flannal shirts wielding guitars, against tante leen's flannal under wear wielding albert heijn bags....
  • Options
    haha, man how long have you been living in the netherlands? You sure know how to define inburgering.

Well if tante leen brings in the albert heijn bags, ill sure bring and go smelt de kasen!

Philip K. Dick.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    They must have picked up on 'seating by seniority' and thought it applied here too.
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    u2fanu2fan Posts: 2
    5 minutes ago there were tickets for all levels available via ticketmaster.nl

Even some field-tickets became available again1!!
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    They must have picked up on 'seating by seniority' and thought it applied here too.

Now thats funny!
  • Options
    haha, man how long have you been living in the netherlands? You sure know how to define inburgering.

Well if tante leen brings in the albert heijn bags, ill sure bring and go smelt de kasen!

I've been here about 3 years...
  • Options
    u2fan wrote:
    5 minutes ago there were tickets for all levels available via ticketmaster.nl

Even some field-tickets became available again1!!

Yeah TM always does that.... as people empty baskets... fail credit checks... etc... tickets randonly becoem available you've just got to be really really lucky.
  • Options
    Looks like tickets are sold out at Kartenhaus.de and ticketmaster.nl only have category 3 left....
  • Options
    To anyone in Amsterdam tomorrow for queen's day... I will be on a boat wearing a kilt... if you see me give me a hello and we can shout Pearl jam across the canal.....

I'l be wearing this tartan:

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/09/43/37_2.JPG
  • Options
    hosenbislerhosenbisler Posts: 349
    I got my category 1 ticket few minutes ago, so they´re still available.
    See you in Arnheim!!!
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • Options
    I got my category 1 ticket few minutes ago, so they´re still available.
    See you in Arnheim!!!
    hail hail the lucky ones, congrats! c u there :)
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    yes, see you there! I guess it's so quiet here because most Dutch people are on Dutch Ramblings (http://pearljamonline.nl/forum)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

p.s.: you guys are funny with the flanel and seniority jokes :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    Mirella wrote:
    yes, see you there! I guess it's so quiet here because most Dutch people are on Dutch Ramblings (http://pearljamonline.nl/forum)

groetjes,

p.s.: you guys are funny with the flanel and seniority jokes :)

You're not wrong... I count 25 threads with various different aspects of information arranged into a wee section, and the same for antwerpen... We're not as organised here, I think we'll just have to stick to fart jokes over here...

Could one of you be responsible for digesting the information a wee bit and calling every now and again and letting us know if any decisions about pre meets and what not have been decided...
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I'll try...
    For people living in the Netherlands, or near: there will be another fan meeting in June. Sunday the 18th in Scheveningen. I'll post more info soon.

groetjes,
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    i wist wel dat ik niet naar Miami had moeten verhuizen....:(.....:)
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Options
    i wist wel dat ik niet naar Miami had moeten verhuizen....:(.....:)

Miami sounds nice though....
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    I'll try...
    For people living in the Netherlands, or near: there will be another fan meeting in June. Sunday the 18th in Scheveningen. I'll post more info soon.

groetjes,

I think I'm in Bulgaria.... but I'll do my best to send other people along... they'll have to start practicing now if they want to ask for directions to Scheveningen...
  • Options
    I got some very lovely pieces of paper through the post:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/144483524/
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Oooooohhh! Those are colourful - still no avocado, but colourful AND FOR THE RIGHT SHOW!!!! Yippeee! Keep them safe!
  • Options
    Do you think the fact that the concert is sponsored by MTV means that it will be televised???
  • Options
    I got some very lovely pieces of paper through the post:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/144483524/
    Those German tickets look way better than the standard ticketservice paper..

No idea if Mtv will air any of it, but it would be very nice, same goes for the possibility of 3FM airing some of it!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Do you think the fact that the concert is sponsored by MTV means that it will be televised???

Shit! That's a thought! Would be great if it was!
  • Options
    You should have seen my tickets for SECC glasgow... I dreamt of holding Pearl jam tickets for so long and they were the most boring lazy tickets ever.....
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275

Haha, we'd better be mischievous with the kilts right down the front then :)

"Pearl Jam MTV Show - Arnhem NL......censored"

Muahahahahahaha
  • Options
    It's the Netherlands.... they are less likely to censor it than the british MTV who if you ever watch a Blur video place a "blur" over the bass player's cigarette in almost every video...