Options

The Battle of Arnhem 29.09.06

ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Goede Morgen....

For those who got tickets to Arnhem: Gefiliciteerd!!!

I'll be attending with I Scot ID... We'll be wearing kilts... you can't miss us.... If anyone wants to go and doesn't have tickets... there were still some available here:

http://www.kartenhaus.de

otherwise wait till friday at 10am and get them here:

http://www.ticketmaster.nl

I also have 4 spare tickets.....

Arnhem is a wee town in the east of The Netherlands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnhem

I plan to keep this thread going to plan pre-meets, travel etc. At the moment I plan to drive to the show... cos I will be working in Amsterdam on the 29th and the 30th... but we'll see how it pans out nearer the time..

If people a planning to stay in Amsterdam for the trip(Preferable to Arnhem), I would advise that you book accomodation ASAP!!! Amsterdam hotels are always full, and always expensive... i know many of them through work.. and can give you pointers... For train times... I find http://www.db.de the most reliable...

Amsterdam is one of the most connected airports in europe... I travel non stop for work... you can get almost anywhere for between 100 and 200 euros return if you book far enough in advance... It might also be worthwhile flying to Eindhoven with ryanair and getting the train(just over an hour) to arnhem.

You shouldn't need any dutch to book anything... but if you do... give me a shout(It's not fluent by any means, but it's functional)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    You'd make a great tourist guide!

EDIT: Neil - edit your date in title: 29.08.06 (not 29.09.06)!
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    Arnhem is a wee town in the east of The Netherlands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnhem

If people a planning to stay in Amsterdam for the trip(Preferable to Arnhem), I would advise that you book accomodation ASAP!!! Amsterdam hotels are always full, and always expensive...

You shouldn't need any dutch to book anything... but if you do... give me a shout(It's not fluent by any means, but it's functional)

It's not soooo wee!!!!

I grew up about 10 miles from Arnhem and feel I need to defend it a bit there!

And, er, why is A'dam preferable if it is always full and always expensive? Just a thought.

Feel free to go to the weed capital of Europe though :D

Dutch is my native language, so any translating I can help too.

Woohoo!!!!
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    I've only ever been to arnhem to visit Burger's zoo with my sister... If there are pre-meet, and tourist suggestions for Arnhem... feel free to add them.. I can only handle information on Amsterdam...

I would suggest we meet in a pub in Arnhem somewhere, but for those arriving the day before or heading back to Amsterdam afterwards(Let's face it, it should be a few people) I'll be happy to show anyone around - although Amsterdam doesn't need much of a tour guide...

Riot_Rain... I'm wearing a kilt... will you be wearing clogs???
  • Options
    Riot_Rain... I'm wearing a kilt... will you be wearing clogs???

Hehehe, good idea! Maybe.... although it's really not comfy. To stick to this new flashing tradition though, maybe I could stand on my hands and flash my feet at them at some point ;)

I know that many many Dutch PJ fans are going, so maybe it'd be cool to all meet up somewhere... Will speak to my sources in Arnhem to see where would be cool :)
  • Options
    AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    I'll be there, I'll drive from Liege (Luik, Belgium) to there then back cos I'm also attending Antwerp. This is gonna be my first PJ concert ever, after 13 years of waiting I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Not as organised as Neil and not too sure of plans yet but I may be travelling from Brussels to Antwerp - anyone else? If I can get tickets for Arnhem, I will probably be staying in A'dam and travelling to Antwerp from there (and back to Brussels)
  • Options
    Bump bump bump

Gouda or edam?

Red Tulips or Blue Tulips?

Who's coming to arnhem... lets get som excitement going here...only like 120 days to go or soemthing
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Red and blue tulips, Gouda and Edam, Heinekin and Grolsch.....

I hope you Dutch people know what you are letting yourself in for....do you honestly think you are ready for crazy kilted Scotsmen and Pearl Jam at the same time? I'm worried for you.

There is even more action at the Prague thread!

How about we just ship over the entire Scottish Pearl Jam fanbase and you guys can stay at home and keep your cloggs warm?
  • Options
    BUMP I'm in!

Since i;m not a 10C member i'm going for public sales tomorrow,so if anyone got a spare 10C tick for trade I'd love to.. Can't believe i just saw them for the first time at the Astoria experience, after a 14 years wait, and now i'm goin to see them again!! Bloody Awesome. And i'm thinking about going to Antwerp and Berlin as well.. 2006 is going to be a year to remember :D
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick.
  • Options
    Not a lot of action.... YET!

But I actually think there were a number of DUTCH fans who missed out on DUTCH 10C tickets. Sold out too quickly. Poor bastards! :(

Also, the general sale for Arnhem starts tomorrow, it might get busier then!

Tot snel!

:)
  • Options
    If people want tickets... they should go here:

http://www.kartenhaus.de

You know what ticketmaster.nl is like... it will be sold out in a matter of minutes.. and then there's just the oppurtunity to buy them at the wee window in places like Leidseplein... I'm glad I've got mine, cos otherwise I would be camping out ready to beat my way to the start of the queue at 9 tomorrow... and one man fighting ffor his homeland(Pearl Jam), is worth three armed soldiers(Amsterdam Policemen)
  • Options
    You know what ticketmaster.nl is like... it will be sold out in a matter of minutes..

I actually think most of my Dutch PJ friends are going to be queueing up at post offices. They are usually quite good. They give people a number just before they open so it's all fair and square and then as soon as the sale starts, they start printing tickets like crazy until it sells out and then sell them to the people who are there.

At least, that's my experience from when I lived in Zevenaar :)

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=676250.093440971&Y=6753750.82886702&width=500&height=300&gride=676425.093440971&gridn=6753482.82886702&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=NL&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=zevenaar&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=1&scale=500000
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Posts: 4
    I think I managed to get tickets (I haven't received a confirmation mail yet), so I'm pretty excited to go.

Now I only have to find someone to trade me one Antwerp ticket for one of my Arnhem tickets, and I'll be totally content.

Edit: Just traded a ticket.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob Posts: 37
    Been to A'dam many times but never left the city limits, hoping to nab a few tickets for this tomorrow morning. Does the the wonderful Dutch train service run late enough at night to get us back to Amsterdam after the show? Is it much of a treck from the venue to the Arnhem train station?
  • Options
    There's options of a train at:

23:08
    23:20
    23:38
    00:12
    06:38

So assuming it's not a trek... you should make it. I would keep the number of a hostel handy.

The dutch train service is actually pretty good. Well a lot better than the UK one.
  • Options
    esther1977esther1977 Posts: 540
    I hope to get tickets tommorow ... so everyone keep your fingers crossed.
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction
  • Options
    esther1977 wrote:
    I hope to get tickets tommorow ... so everyone keep your fingers crossed.

You'll get it, don't worry...i wish i could tag along...
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options

So assuming it's not a trek... you should make it. I would keep the number of a hostel handy.

The dutch train service is actually pretty good. Well a lot better than the UK one.

Many thanks for the info!
  • Options
    esther1977esther1977 Posts: 540
    You'll get it, don't worry...i wish i could tag along...

And maybe but the change is small i'm coming to Berlin.
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction
  • Options
    esther1977 wrote:
    And maybe but the change is small i'm coming to Berlin.

really? YES!!!! See U there
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    Do bear in mind that you need to get a shuttle bus from the venue to the train station.

• Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Man i'm getting nervous about tomorrow, if i don't get floor tickets i'll go insane.. I'll be getting up early tomorrow, and yeah i'm fucking excited!!

i think the lack of responses here is cuz all the action is on the dutch forum..

night trains: if there's a concert they (ussually) keep a connection open to the Randstad (A'dam, R'dam, Utrecht and The Hague), i wouldnt worry about that.

further i know nothing about Arnhem, only saw the Gelredome twice and some terrace, a liquor store and a coffee shop when U2 performed there in 2000..
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    zantszants Posts: 1,556
    For those who are interested i found this:

http://www.budgetticket.nl/concerts/concert-78/Pearl_Jam_Tickets/
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Posts: 4
    zants wrote:

Thanks for this!

Although the budget part of the name should be taken with a grain of salt.

I still have a ticket left (I got the confirmation earlier today), but I would like an Antwerp one in return.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I have a spare 10c ticket for Arnhem and I 'd like to trade it for a 10c Antwerp ticket.

Anyone interested?

I already made the trade so my spare ticket is no longer available!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Options
    zants wrote:

I would not try to order tickets through this site. They were selling tickets for arnhem as soon as i got back from Astoria, now way they could have had tickets available allready.

If you google on this site you'll find a lot of complaints, like putting fake tickets on the market, not sending tickets at all, no refunds etc etc. They also get mentioned on the site of TV program "Kassa!".

DO NOT TRUST.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick.
  • Options
    €110 euros a ticket is a little over the odds. I bought mine from http://www.kartenhaus.de... they are now sold out, they were €140 for two which is still more than the ten club tickets....
  • Options
    Success! 4 gen admission tickets €195.62 :D
  • Options
    I have lots of tickets... but I couldn't help checking ticketmaster... looks like they're pretty easy to get.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    :cool: GOT TICKETS WOOOHHAAAAA!!! :D:D

now Pearl Jam should play some US shows to warm up and get their asses over here!!
    your light's reflected now