Options

Let's have a Brel time!!!! - Antwerpen - 30.08.06

Comments

• Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    I've never drank in Antwerp... but someone once recommended De (or is it het) Elfde Gebod. But I'm thinking its a tiny wee belgian bar so not suitable for a meet up...
  • Options
    GizmoGizmo Posts: 38
    There are also a few bars just outside the Sportpaleis ... not sure what they are like, but they're always pretty packed before a concert. :)
    (Arnhem 29/08/2006 - Antwerp 30/08/2006 - Antwerp 31/08/2006 - Dusseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009)
    - If you're not confused, you're not really paying attention to what's going on -
    - Still so many answers I don't know, realise that to question is how we grow -
  • Options
    Outside the venue sounds like a plan..... they will be used to concert crowds and also we don;t need to worry about public transport froma bar to the venue..
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It would seem from another thread that a couple of Dublin locals are taking on a mission to check out Dublin bars/pubs before the show and, after trying them all out, will decide on the most suitable. OK, I understand these guys are Irish and therefore a bit different, but are there any Antwerp locals prepared to take on the same challenge? Would be very useful for us all and your efforts would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    You know I would be up for it in Amsterdam!!!! but Antwerp is a bit of a commute... especially after a few chimay tripels..
  • Options
    God... reminds me of the days when I used to trawl the bars in Amsterdam!
  • Options
    Awwww...

Where did you drink?
  • Options
    AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    Got 10c tickets, I'm sooo happy to see them in my country. Also going to Arnhem and Paris
  • Options
    yielderyielder Posts: 160
    Hey folks...

For those who got tickets to Antwerpen: Gefiliciteerd!!!

I'll be attending with I Scot ID... We'll be wearing kilts... you can't miss us.... we'll be with one other crazy scot...

Please post if you're going, so that we can get our boogie going and ensure that everyone has somewhere to meet and get the atmosphere going, pre, post and during the gig.

I've never partied in Antwerp...

hey Antwerp is my hometown i live in the historic center, if you need some info on some things just pm me !!! Lots of things to do here !
    i got tenclub tix and i'm also going to verona and milan !

groetjes from sunny antwerp !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    Awwww...

Where did you drink?

I hate to say this Neil, but this was almost 20 years ago so I don't really remember! I was living in Brussels but Amsterdam (and Paris) are really just on its doorstep. Also was the time when I was footloose and fancy free, so quite a bit of fun. All this talk of Amsterdam on the board made me want to pop over (going to Brussels end of this month) but now that my hubby is not coming with me, I'll be on my own with my daughter - so no real partying! Next time!
  • Options
    yielder wrote:
    hey Antwerp is my hometown i live in the historic center, if you need some info on some things just pm me !!! Lots of things to do here !
    i got tenclub tix and i'm also going to verona and milan !

groetjes from sunny antwerp !

Groetjes..... See post no 65. We need you and your mates!
  • Options
    Hey... good to have you on board...

We're looking for options for a bar.... would it be better drinking somewhere near the venue. or is there somewhere suitable thats easily accessible by public transport that would provide the atmosphere we need?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Groetjes..... See post no 65. We need you and your mates!

Yeah.... some reviews and stories would be excellent....

I think I'll be driving, or at least nipping in and out quickly as I'm working ihn amsterdam on the day of the gig and the day after... but I would imagine we need somewhere that allows some people who are in Antwerp or Belgium for the first time to get a taste for the place... that taste being Westmalle... or similar...
  • Options
    ... that taste being Westmalle... quote]

Your tipple, is it?
  • Options
    Yeah.... some reviews and stories would be excellent....

I think I'll be driving, or at least nipping in and out quickly as I'm working ihn amsterdam on the day of the gig and the day after... but I would imagine we need somewhere that allows some people who are in Antwerp or Belgium for the first time to get a taste for the place... that taste being Westmalle... or similar...
    Or you could crash out in Antwerp or Brussels and have a 'commuter drive' into A'dam in the morning?
  • Options
    it has been my tipple, i tend to drink something for about a month and then change... I'm reaching the end of a CHimay red period at the moment... I had a Kwak the other night and really enjoyed ... so I think I may start a Kwak month..
  • Options
    yielderyielder Posts: 160
    I've never drank in Antwerp... but someone once recommended De (or is it het) Elfde Gebod. But I'm thinking its a tiny wee belgian bar so not suitable for a meet up...

10 years ago i did my share in the pub industry, worked only for 2 hours... but its in that place Het Elfde Gebod.... i got really sick of working there!
    i wouldnt go there if i was you !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    Double post
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I hate to say this Neil, but this was almost 20 years ago so I don't really remember! I was living in Brussels but Amsterdam (and Paris) are really just on its doorstep. Also was the time when I was footloose and fancy free, so quite a bit of fun. All this talk of Amsterdam on the board made me want to pop over (going to Brussels end of this month) but now that my hubby is not coming with me, I'll be on my own with my daughter - so no real partying! Next time!

What age is your daughter..... Amsterdam can be nice for a wander... you don;t need to smoke loads and drink all night....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Or you could crash out in Antwerp or Brussels and have a 'commuter drive' into A'dam in the morning?

If anyone's up for that I'll do it..... there will be three of us... most people in my office are used to me doing all nighters and arriving tired... and sometiems its from travellign for work...

In septmeebr we're going to about 8 Pearl Jam gigs though, so I never get a weekend to recover... so a mid week bender could be dnagerous so early in the month....
  • Options
    yielder wrote:
    10 years ago i did my share in the pub industry, worked only for 2 hours... but its in that place Het Elfde Gebod.... i got really sick of working there!
    i wouldnt go there if i was you !

As I suspected!!! It was advised by someone that was just trying to show off a bit of local knowledge then.....
  • Options
    What age is your daughter..... Amsterdam can be nice for a wander... you don;t need to smoke loads and drink all night....
    She's 11 1/2. Yeah, she would love Amsterdam, it's such a beautiful place and we will definitely go with her (she even likes museums and old masters!). At a great age for daytime stuff but very limited for the evening (except restaurant). It's really a shame because we go to Brussels regularly (family) but they're always quickish visits and by the time we've seen friends and spent what could be considered enough quality time with parents (!), there doesn't seem to be much time to get out of the city! Will have to do better. That is one thing I really miss from my days in Brussels - it's so central and you can very quickly find yourself in a different world by going a bit north (Netherlands) or south (France). Even Germany is not far.
  • Options
    Yeah I feel that even just being out of the UK... once you;re in Europe it feels like less of a chore to nip off to somewhere else in Europe....
  • Options
    If anyone is thinking about going to more than one gig and fancies something a bit different(and cheap) for travel and accomodation.... there's a tour bus getting set up....

Fraser and I are rearranging all we can to ensure we use it to its full, cos it's sure to be a riot:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190176

see if it fits in with your plans....
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    has anybody received their tickets yet for the show in antwerp?
    I already have my tickets for berlin and paris, and I thought I would get the antwerp tickets first, afterall I live in Belgium.
    this worries me a bit. so let me know if you received anything.

by the way, motherwolf will be the supportingact, are they any good?
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    I've been sorting out my photos on my flickr site. I've started a new set for all the Pearl Jam summer stuff that is coming in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/sets/72157594149602241/

enjoy and please comment.....
  • Options
    kneutkneut Posts: 8
    sammer wrote:
    has anybody received their tickets yet for the show in antwerp?
    I already have my tickets for berlin and paris, and I thought I would get the antwerp tickets first, afterall I live in Belgium.
    this worries me a bit. so let me know if you received anything.
    No, havent received them yet.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    What are your opinions on livenation.be releasing some more tickets for the show?
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Jammin909 wrote:
    What are your opinions on livenation.be releasing some more tickets for the show?

Not a big chance IMO.

Anyway, Belgium's ready folks, bring on Pearl Jam! :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Angus wrote:
    Not a big chance IMO.

Anyway, Belgium's ready folks, bring on Pearl Jam! :)
    Yup can't wait to see them finally...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010