IBIS london wembley line up!

13»

Comments

• duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    just to pre-warn those people who are coming with mates/family (not partners) and have booked a 2 person room, its likely its a double room. i phoned to enquire about something else, and they said they have fuck all twin rooms, just doubles really

be prepared to share...
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Another reason why I booked in the Travelodge :)
    Cardiff 6th June 2000
    Arnhem 29th August 2006
    London 18th June 2007
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Another reason why I booked in the Travelodge :)

rub it in :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    daaamn it was £10 more. im such a stingey (sp?) scot!
    im really tempted to render my thread useless to me, and switch to another hotel (shock horror)

im meeting my sis for the gig and sharing with her or my mate and im naaay sleeping on the floor, or sharing a bed after paying £147
    duggro wrote:
    im really tempted to render my thread useless to me, and switch to another hotel (shock horror)

im meeting my sis for the gig and sharing with her or my mate and im naaay sleeping on the floor, or sharing a bed after paying £147

triple bed rooms in Farringdon still £26 per night dude!!! that's 12p each or something :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    triple bed rooms in Farringdon still £26 per night dude!!! that's 12p each or something :confused:
    im seriously considering it.

is it in a nice area? close to places and whatnot?
    duggro wrote:
    im seriously considering it.

is it in a nice area? close to places and whatnot?

i stayed in it after the astoria... its central enough!!

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/270/LondonFarringdon

check out the map buddy... Euston Road station is about 10 mins walk and its 5mins to 2 different tube stations.

the huge benefit is that the Wembley line runs straight through to Farringdon station.. no changes or anything :):)
    dunkman wrote:
    i stayed in it after the astoria... its central enough!!

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/270/LondonFarringdon

check out the map buddy... Euston Road station is about 10 mins walk and its 5mins to 2 different tube stations.

the huge benefit is that the Wembley line runs straight through to Farringdon station.. no changes or anything :):)
    only problem is it seems to have the same problem as ibis, as in its only got double rooms:(
    duggro wrote:
    only problem is it seems to have the same problem as ibis, as in its only got double rooms:(

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel.php?hotel_id=269

its the Royal Scot on Kings Cross road... £26 and they have family rooms, triple rooms, etc all for £26 on the Monday night

this hotel is 0.2m from Farringdon :cool:
    dunkman wrote:
    https://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel.php?hotel_id=269

its the Royal Scot on Kings Cross road... £26 and they have family rooms, triple rooms, etc all for £26 on the Monday night

this hotel is 0.2m from Farringdon :cool:
    cheers man thanks for the info. i'll have to speak to my mate and see if he's cool with that

they are a bit cheeky though, if i book 2 nights (sunday til tuesday) they charge £49 quid for each night

but if i booked separately it would cost £49 for the sunday and £26 for the monday.

think i'll phone them! cheers again for the help man
    I'VE DEFECTED!

i am now a travelodge person at kings cross royal scot (nice hotel name)

half the price and i can get a twin room

hope you guys all meet up and enjoy the ibis though

laters

doug
  • duggro wrote:
    Farringdon does have twin rooms .. they just call them "Double Plus" because it's a double bed and a single bed (can sleep 3) That's what I've got .. I'm a defector too, staying at Farringdon now instead of the Harrow Premier Inn :D
    ♥ ♪ ♪
    i should get a fucking travelodge bonus for this :D:)
  • dunkman wrote:
    i should get a fucking travelodge bonus for this :D:)
    too right .. I wouldn't have swapped but for your posts! :D I'm now paying a third of what I was originally.. so thanks from me & Anne ;)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
    Farringdon does have twin rooms .. they just call them "Double Plus" because it's a double bed and a single bed (can sleep 3) That's what I've got .. I'm a defector too, staying at Farringdon now instead of the Harrow Premier Inn :D
    aaah gutted. too late now!

and yes dunk, you should get some caish from them
  • Hey! Can I join in the after-hotel-party even though I'm not staying at the Ibis/Travelodge?! I'm in a small hotel near the arena :D
    Hey! Can I join in the after-hotel-party even though I'm not staying at the Ibis/Travelodge?! I'm in a small hotel near the arena :D
    No! you must be banished to your small hotel to drink cups of tea and packets of biscuits!

heh only kidding
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    I booked the travelodge wembley and then I realised the Ibis was cheaper and closer. So i cancelled the travelodge and booked the Ibis. I can see the bar there afterwards been a good place!!!!!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
    icemanap wrote:
    I booked the travelodge wembley and then I realised the Ibis was cheaper and closer. So i cancelled the travelodge and booked the Ibis. I can see the bar there afterwards been a good place!!!!!
    yeah thats what im really gonna miss

would love to have no distance between gig and hotel!
    icemanap wrote:
    I can see the bar there afterwards been a good place!!!!!

aren't all bars? :);)

Duggro, London is a huge city... there will be a squad of us all going back into the city centre and finding a club/pub open until 3 that we can reflect on what we have just witnessed!!! :cool:

to icemanap.... how could the Ibis be cheaper than the travelodge... Wembley Travelodge is £26 for the night of the gig... i just checked!!!!
    dunkman wrote:
    aren't all bars? :);)

Duggro, London is a huge city... there will be a squad of us all going back into the city centre and finding a club/pub open until 3 that we can reflect on what we have just witnessed!!! :cool:

to icemanap.... how could the Ibis be cheaper than the travelodge... Wembley Travelodge is £26 for the night of the gig... i just checked!!!!
    think he must mean the travel inn next to wembley cos that was 15 quid more than the ibis.

yeah man i know there will be loadsa folk goin back, im just a lazy bastard!:)
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    duggro wrote:
    who's joining me there??

EDIT:
    I'VE DEFECTED!

i am now a travelodge person at kings cross royal scot (nice hotel name)

half the price and i can get a twin room

hope you guys all meet up and enjoy the ibis though

hotel???
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    nutmeg81 wrote: